IGNORED

MASK

Redruth

I remember I looked for this and found a load of bootlegs. I was still very tempted to buy it though.

It really is a fantastic release. I wish they would do a reunion sort of thing. Get the same people to do new remixes on an LP. I think that'd be cool.

I don't have 100, but I own the rest and have listened to them so many times. The Funkstorung track off Mask 200 is excellent (nobody seems to mention it for some reason), and 300 and 500 both have many great tracks... particularly the Metamatics and Plateau tracks off the former, and Anodyne and Hell Interface remixes off the latter.

I really wish there were more remixes of classic tracks by these kinds of artists, but I imagine it's hard to get the rights for proper releases... hence the limited and obscure nature of the Mask series, I guess.

must control is a real contribution to this forum.

he got banned!? why? - thought he was alreet, meself.

another one bites the dust!!!!!!!!

also while we're on it, what did hathhat, or whatever he was called, do to get banned as well?

not that i much liked him, but just wondering like...

is the Banhammer fattening itself up for the cold Winter months ahead, or wut?

must control is a real contribution to this forum.

he got banned!? why? - thought he was alreet, meself.

another one bites the dust!!!!!!!!

also while we're on it, what did hathhat, or whatever he was called, do to get banned as well?

Probably some previously banned member's dupe. And I think Joyrex felt the hat had pushed his buttons one too many times. Can't remember which thread it was in though.

But anyway, back to MASK.

• 2 years later...

If SKAM put out a ludicrously priced, deadly plain-packaged CD boxset of this series, I would solemnly swear to never ever listen to Syro at all ever. Also I would give them several of my moneys. jussayin.

Nah, it'd have to be a 100-500 vinyl reissue before I would say that.

Still, would be nice.

I'd imagine reissuing the MASK series would be a licensing nightmare seeing how liberally they use the original material..

you're probably right about that.

still, MASK on tape or CD would be most amazon

edit: or a JEGA – Card Hore cassette! I guess you can just make your own, but I'm too lazy to print classy inserts & such

Archived