IGNORED

Mark Van Hoen - The Revenant Diary

Tauhid

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Superb release, possibly one his best records so far. For me, It's reminicant of his "Truth is born of arguments" album in some ways but more stripped back. There's a real air of melancholy and some beautiful production, the seemless blending of old and new fragmented elements is glorious at points.

Like the strange jittery ghost daughter of Third eye foundation, Oval and Seefeel combined.

Really like it. So warm. It's my first MVH album. What should I listen next?

honestly you could start with his earliest work and go forward. MVH has a particular "sound" and has an emphasis on melody so he doesn't sound dated as other older music. One thing to keep in mind is that he has release as 'Locust' aswell as Mark Van hoen. His latter Locust albums are more pop-y (but still very good with the dark/industrially sounds and melodys)

Truth is Born of Arguments was my entry point (and in my top 3 of his albums). So start there :P

www.markvanhoen.com his website used to have info on all his work but he must have changed it to blog style recently.

His twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Mark_Van_Hoen

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So glad that the real Locust is back...I've been waiting for this for so long.

I'm surprised with the amount of replays for this fantastically fresh, stratified and perhaps even original release in some ways.

After extensive listening I must say that to me it's one of the best releases in the last 5-6 yrs. Every listening brings a lot of new things and feelings...At first so simple but it's very deep.

So glad that the real Locust is back...I've been waiting for this for so long.

I'm surprised with the amount of replays for this fantastically fresh, stratified and perhaps even original release in some ways.

After extensive listening I must say that to me it's one of the best releases in the last 5-6 yrs. Every listening brings a lot of new things and feelings...At first so simple but it's very deep.

have you caught the wind of this xox? http://forum.watmm.com/topic/75269-locust-tba/

Archived