IGNORED

The Flashbulb - Terra Firma [EP - 2012/12/14 - Bandcamp]

Pitbulle

I try not to talk too much smack on other people's artistic output, but I'm with baph here. That first song is the audio equivalent of a dick shitting pharmaceuticals into your ears.

i think it's pretty simple. afx and flashbulb draw a lot of influence from the countryside, and if you've ever been to the countryside, you'll know there are a lot of sheep, and if you've ever been around sheep, you'll know that they're incredibly cute and photogenic. They're just kind of the unofficial mascot of rural areas.

also the first song is incredibly cheesy, and the flashbulb is the second most boring person I have ever seen perform, right behind bartel, who is also on this shitty EP.

i think it's pretty simple. afx and flashbulb draw a lot of influence from the countryside, and if you've ever been to the countryside, you'll know there are a lot of sheep, and if you've ever been around sheep, you'll know that they're incredibly cute and photogenic. They're just kind of the unofficial mascot of rural areas.

As a person that grew up in the countryside i have to say this is utter bullshit.

Most farmers don't care about sheep that much,and the ones that do end up having some sort of romantic relationship them. Sheep-Human intercourse is an actual problem in the farming community,anyone who has a picture of a sheep (in wallet/picture frame,etc) or think sheep are some sort of "muse" will be investigated by the NFU.

right, but I am not talking about farmers. I am talking about city folk who make electronic music that draws from their rural background. Sheep aren't iconic to people who are around them all the time, but for people who briefly visit the countryside, they are. I guess I should have worded that better.

right, but I am not talking about farmers. I am talking about city folk who make electronic music that draws from their rural background. Sheep aren't iconic to people who are around them all the time, but people for who briefly visit the countryside, they are. I guess I should have worded that better.

yeah i can see that happening.

Sorry if my post was aggressive,the topic brings bad memories (walking in on your uncle having anal with a sheep stays with you forever)

anyone actually listened to the samples? i mean, i know it's teh blahflub and i should expect this sort of thing, but wow, just wow.

Sounds like the music that you'd encounter at an uplifting moment in a Paxil ad where you know the guy isn't going to be angry anymore at the dog that's trying to comfort his best friend with a wet lick and everything is going to be alright.

CHOOSE LIFE

CHOOSE GLAXOSMITHKLINE

Hahaha!

fleshbob always half surprises me and half disappoints me with every release. That 'undiscovered colors' track off aboreal was really nice, intricate, glitchy and well done... the rest of the album sounded like a butt-rock album w/sparce electronic influence... then he releases love as a dark hallway and I loved the groove in the song 'let me walk you to your honda'... but once again the rest of the album was very forgettable. His acidwolf stuff is pretty good, I like the vibe of some of it and it certainly is a better attempt at analord-ripping than most people can do.

But this sounds pretty bad to me, not that it isn't well done or anything, its just very boring.

Flashbulb only released this cause he got jelly of Skrillex getting all he attention at watmm.

we are the music haters

(but I have to admit this track is purely cheesy)

Well, the 'Album Version' is MUCH better than the 'Radio Version' which, as has already been mentioned, belongs as BGM in a Paxil add... How could an ostensible electronic 'artist' be satisfied using the most horrendously boring drum kit sounds in existence.

I actually quite like this Album Version though...

Upon further rumination, perhaps we are missing out on Benn Jordan's sense of humor here; it would make sense that the 'Radio' version would have banal sounding drum kits and synth voicings so he played those up. Am I missing something?

holy lol at the "radio mix"

firstly, just the concept- having to release a fluffed up happier version of the track for radio play

and you guys nailed it on the track itself - 100% medical ad background music

Archived