IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Guest RadarJammer

Braquo - Just watched the first series of this French cop show (created by Olivier Marchal of 36 fame.) Plenty of assault / kidnapping / murder / arson / blackmailing / armed robbery from the outset. And that's just the cops. Kind of fills an Engrenages shaped hole. Wasn't convinced after ep1 but thoroughly enjoyed it by the end.

Fuck yeah. Thanks for another good suggestion.

Guest disparaissant

gonna check out Jin i think.

currently watching Farscape with my girlfriend. when that show is good it is SO GOOD and man when it's not it's nigh-unwatchable so we are skipping around. she hasn't seen it before.

Edited by disparaissant

Guest Frankie5fingers

man i remember Farscape from a long time ago. back when sci-fi had a couple good shows. brings back good memories. i think i might start watching that again. that and i think Sliders was a good show too. ill have to watch that again too.

rewatching Millennium, season 1 is a little hokey and rough. Lets just be honest, it's badly written and Chris Carter's hackish fingerprints are all over it. However season 2 is phenomenal, its probably my favorite season of any tv show ever.

they touch on so many subjects in this season, and for a show done in 1995 it's extremely ahead of it's time. Much more polished and refined than the X-files (it's a spinoff in case anybody has no idea what im talking about)

Frank Black and Peter Watts (before his role as Locke in lost) have such a great dynamic, love this show

if anybody here is a Twin Peaks fan and you haven't found a show since (besides perhaps Carnival) that channels the same weird energy and suspense, you have to check out Millennium. It's a little more straight forward than either of those, but equally as strange, unsettling and atmospheric.

i'm working through the x files now. i'm going to move on to millenium after that. i remember being scared shitless by a few episodes of that show at some point in the late 90's. there were some really disturbing and effective apocalyptic pieces of writing. or at least i remember it being effective. x files so far is more hokey, although it seems to hit a stride in the light hearted stand alone episodes.

if you do go through the x-files first, try not to watch the Season 7 episode 'Millennium' until you watch Millennium which is the surrogate series finale for the millennium show.

and yeah responding to another poster Jose Chung's Doomsday defense is amazing, i'd argue it's almost superior to the X-files Jose Chung episode

man i remember Farscape from a long time ago. back when sci-fi had a couple good shows. brings back good memories. i think i might start watching that again. that and i think Sliders was a good show too. ill have to watch that again too.

Sliders was decent on the first and second season when it actually had a budget, then it turned into a big time penny pincher

John Rhys Davies brought a lot to the show, when he left the goodness of the show did too.

Guest couch

Just finished season 1 of Game of Boobies...er...

Game of Thrones.

It's aight. I thought there would have been a battle scene towards the end but instead it just kinda shows the aftermath. Ah well. Boobies.

It's kind of an aggravating show. Feels like I'm just watching it for boobies and the awesome costumes.

Edited by couch

That season finale of Millennium featuring Patti Smith's Horses in an apocalyptic vision made a pretty big impression on my teenage self. I don't remember what season that was, and probably haven't seen it since... maybe I should.

season 2 season 2 season 2!

you mean this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QT8ePPl_I&feature=related

yeah its a little dated now, very mid 90s oliver stone but for a FOx TV show this shit was cutting edge, dark and extremely artsy for the network programming of that era. I think the girl who plays Laura Means is such a good actress that it still works when you watch it now, but yeah seeing this at 16 really effected me too.

There it is! Thanks.

Now that I'm remembering a little clearer, I seem to remember S2 almost standing on its own, and S3 just retconning the entire S2 story. I don't know if I stuck with the show to the end. Going to have to rewatch.

Edit: ooh, ooh, and "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense" was S2, too? Fuck, I love Darin Morgan.

pretty much every single good episode of the show is contained in 2

- The Begging and the End (episode 1)

- Year of the Dog

- Owls

- Roosters (part 2 of a 2-part, about an inner war inside the group)

- The Time is Now

- The Curse of Frank Black

- Jose chung's Doomsday defense (comedy episode )

- Somehow Satan got behind me (comedy episode)

- A Room with No View (2nd lucy butler episode, psycho-sexuality to the extreme, very creepy)

- The Fourth Horseman

- The Hand of St Sebastian

these episode are really great, and a better more consistent run of good episodes than any single season of the X-files for sure. This is the only season of the show in which it's primary writers Glen Morgan and James Wong got to take the reigns. They created such a compelling mythos in it that i think Carter was almost threatened by how much they elevated it, so Carter took it upon himself to put down an iron fist in Season 3 and yes he kind of fucked it up.

Season 3 episodes i love

-

Omertà

- Collateral Damage

- sound of snow

- Anitpas (third and final lucy butler episode )

- Saturn Dreaming of Mercury

- Goodbye to all that (finale)

- Seven and One (an episode where fear as an entity stalks frank blank, starring Hank from breaking bad as a main character)

Millennium is one of those shows that has very little youtube clips and it's damn hard to torrent any of the full seasons or even episodes ( i had to wait for a month on pirate bay for season 1 to finish)

So for those committed enough, buying the DVDs used is a must (they are out of print but can be found for $15-20 each box set, only 3 seasons)

which most people aren't willing to do unless they know they will get some sort of return for their money.

I kind of like how one of the greatest shows on television has remained in obscurity for so long

Edited by Awepittance

Guest Frankie5fingers

Sliders was decent on the first and second season when it actually had a budget, then it turned into a big time penny pincher

John Rhys Davies brought a lot to the show, when he left the goodness of the show did too.

well, i just barely remember either. but ill still watch them. more of a nostalgia thing for me.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

rewatching Millennium, season 1 is a little hokey and rough. Lets just be honest, it's badly written and Chris Carter's hackish fingerprints are all over it. However season 2 is phenomenal, its probably my favorite season of any tv show ever.

they touch on so many subjects in this season, and for a show done in 1995 it's extremely ahead of it's time. Much more polished and refined than the X-files (it's a spinoff in case anybody has no idea what im talking about)

Frank Black and Peter Watts (before his role as Locke in lost) have such a great dynamic, love this show

if anybody here is a Twin Peaks fan and you haven't found a show since (besides perhaps Carnival) that channels the same weird energy and suspense, you have to check out Millennium. It's a little more straight forward than either of those, but equally as strange, unsettling and atmospheric.

i'm working through the x files now. i'm going to move on to millenium after that. i remember being scared shitless by a few episodes of that show at some point in the late 90's. there were some really disturbing and effective apocalyptic pieces of writing. or at least i remember it being effective. x files so far is more hokey, although it seems to hit a stride in the light hearted stand alone episodes.

if you do go through the x-files first, try not to watch the Season 7 episode 'Millennium' until you watch Millennium which is the surrogate series finale for the millennium show.

and yeah responding to another poster Jose Chung's Doomsday defense is amazing, i'd argue it's almost superior to the X-files Jose Chung episode

sliders was great at the start. my wife hasn't let me watch past season 3 so I can't say how bad it gets. in a world where everything gets remade I cannot see why sliders isn't back on tv. you could even get the same cast. maybe past season 3 they killed the storyline so badly they couldnt bring it back now.

Probably about to begin Supernatural unless someone has any huge warnings about what bollocks it is, anyone seen it before?

wait, just seen the posts up there, ignore me.

Edited by tec

Guest couch

Probably about to begin Supernatural unless someone has any huge warnings about what bollocks it is, anyone seen it before?

season 1 and 2 are really good fwiw. But it takes a bit for things to pick up. There's lots of good LOLs in all the seasons. Edited by couch

I like to watch a few things at a time

Six Feet Under (s1)

True Blood (s4)

Breaking Bad (s4)

Intelligence (s1)

Life on Mars (s1)

Community (s3)

Modern Family (s3)

Edited by sidewinder

Guest couch

i haev been told supernatural is amazing up until the last 5 minutes of season 5.

Well you get to see the a few episodes in the following seasons with an actor who is probably the best on the entire show. Julian Richings. He's in S5 the most but has a few more later on too. Edited by couch

Guest Frankie5fingers

Life on Mars

I LOVED life on Mars. i wont ruin it for you but i would like to hear what you say when you finish watching it.

Guest Frankie5fingers

Life on Mars

I LOVED life on Mars. i wont ruin it for you but i would like to hear what you say when you finish watching it.

Has anyone seen the Spain remake? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F88LdVepY3A

I can't seem to find a english subbed download :sad:

no i haven't. but from this trailer it looks like it was done by a Film student. "lets and a Sepia Tone effect. thatll make it old timey." and just on a personal level, if he is waking up in Past Spain then why does it play Past American music and have a American type intro? like, seriously. that makes no sense to me. Edited by Frankie5fingers

season 1 and 2 are really good fwiw. But it takes a bit for things to pick up. There's lots of good LOLs in all the seasons.

Cheers, I'll give it a go.

Guest Gary C

I'm watching Frasier.

My girlfriend has this kind of annoying habit of slogging through a whole series as quickly as possible. It was fine with Breaking Bad because it was new to me too. I could even stand Cold Feet and Downton Abbey because they're relatively short so I could ignore them. Scrubs was a bit harder, but I got her watching Alan Partridge afterwards to prove how comedy should work.

But I've got her onto Frasier. She loves it, which is great, because she should. It's a great show, but it's 11 fucking series long or something. I think we're up to series 7, but it's kind of taking the buzz off for me a little because I'm beginning to notice the very simple formula to pretty much every episode.

Frasier confuses one woman with another. Daphne or Niles overhear a conversation and confuse one woman with another. Everyone runs in and out of rooms doing embarrassing things, until they all bump together and "oh wow, aren't we silly?"

It's superbly acted and written. The characters are each incredibly lovable and real. The quality of the comedy is also pretty astounding; the use of classic opera themes, intellectual name drops and slapstick combine in a way I don't think will ever happen again.

At least it did end and didn't quite overstay it's welcome, but man, I hate to admit that I'm waning on such a good show.

Guest Frankie5fingers

eh, Frasier never did it for me. i liked him more in Cheers. and i know what you mean, my brother does the same thing. like when he went through every season of the Simpsons. i love the Simpsons but damn, thats like torture.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

frasier yes. cheers also yes but not enough frasier in cheers.

finished luther season 1. good stuff. its no wire but solid detective show

Guest Frankie5fingers

Some promising new TV-shows: http://io9.com/59253...st-impressions?

666 Park: looks like it might be good.

the Green Arrow?: fuck him, why is he so god damn popular now? he's a shitty ass hero. that show won't last past a year.

The Following: wow, way to steal most the plot line of Dexter. they really should have waited longer to make this one. but Dexter is too recent so all this show will get is is criticism.

Revolution: eh, saw previews and still not sure how to feel about this one.

Cult: a show, thats in a show, about a show......something something......The Cult. just like Inception, this one just makes my head hurt. so im not touching it.

overall, Im looking forward to 666 Park ave.

Edited by Frankie5fingers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RadarJammer

Braquo - Just watched the first series of this French cop show (created by Olivier Marchal of 36 fame.) Plenty of assault / kidnapping / murder / arson / blackmailing / armed robbery from the outset. And that's just the cops. Kind of fills an Engrenages shaped hole. Wasn't convinced after ep1 but thoroughly enjoyed it by the end.

Fuck yeah. Thanks for another good suggestion.

This was really good. Season two kind of got a bit too complicated for me to follow right with subtitles but it still payed off. Looking forward to season 3.