IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Guest Iain C

I've been going through Season 1 of the X Files by myself, and occasionally dipping into some of the Monster of the Week episodes from later seasons with my girlfriend.

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE PROGRAMME. I loved it so much when it was first shown over here. I was probably about ten years old. I wasn't sure what to expect going back to it, but man it really hit the ground running. Mulder and Scully had that brilliant chemistry right from day one.

We watched the killer cockroaches episode the other night. Incredible.

Guest disparaissant

x files is basically my favourite.

i'm watching supernatural with my girlfriend. i think it was discussed a few pages ago. definitely reminds me of the x-files a lot, probably largely because kim manners directed and produced a lot of episodes of both. but it's quite good.

X-files is still my favorite too, as patchy as it gets in the last few seasons. I'm up to season 3 in my chronological x-files re-watch with the gf. It's been so long since I've seen most of these episodes, and I'm stunned at how enjoyable most of them still are.

But yeah, Season 3! It's the Darrin Morgan season!:

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose

War of the Coprophages (the cockroach one)

Jose Chung's from Outer Space

Some amazing TV right there... can't wait.

Watched the Blessing Way and Paper Clip last night.

Guest Frankie5fingers

man, X-files brings back some great memories. i have the complete series on dvd. its been awhile but i think its time to go back and watch it again.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

[youtubehd]JwfCRAtkYEI[/youtubehd]

mehhh, why does shows like these look so boring to me now? i've always loved everything post apocalyptic but this does nothing for me. why does everything look so shiny and clean? why does everyone look like photomodels with perfect C smiles? it's like the end of the world covered in shitloads of makeup and photoshop filters. booooooooooring. children of men and the road did it right.

it's like the new transformers movies. giant fucking robots from outter space duking it out in the middle of new york or whatever, it should be the most awesome thing ever, but somehow michael bay managed to make it boring as fuck. im getting the same feeling from recent shows like this and the post apocalyptic theme. i should be looking forward to it but i just can't be bothered.

i like the concept but it just looks horrible (as you say). haven't watched the pilot. will probably avoid.

been watching newsroom which continues to be entertaining and frustrating in equal measure.

tried to watch veep again....

awful

are you a the thick of it fan? i thought veep was good but not great. something was off that i could never put my finger on, maybe the running time was too short

veep was ok, no idea why its even compared to something with the genius of the thick of it tbh. i went there on a recommendation, it may have the same guy involved but veep still just feels like cheesy americans making average scripted jokes. the thick of it was in its own league of fucking amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Arrested Development.

Wrote sometime ago I couldn't get into the show (I had only watched 2 episodes then). But I'm absolutely addicted to it now. Easily the funniest show I've watched since Trailer Park Boys. I'm halfway through the third season.

And there will be a season 4. How fucking awesome is that?

My young mind loved Serial Experiments Lain when I first saw it. I'm thinking about watching it again. You like it?

Just finished The Bridge. Crazy intense finale. LUDD knows what's up.

Guest Frankie5fingers

How long does it usually take the BBC to subtitle and air a foreign series after it finishes? A year?

subtitling doesn't take long at all. it shouldn't take more than a couple months to subtitle an entire season.

watched some damages. kinda over the top at times but they know how to make you want to watch the next episode. my wife watches it and I listen in mainly not sure exactly what is going on but half interested/entertained.

did i mention green wing yet. such a great show.

tried to watch some dr who and really hated it. it really is lowest form of entertainment. basically he just talks really fast and explains everything going on. perfect example of telling vs showing. i only really enjoy the last episode of one doctors run, the transition and then the first episode of a new doctor. then i'm bored again.