IGNORED

Google to sell Augmented Reality Glasses in 2012.

chaosmachine

To beta test google glass you have to pay $1500 plus tax. You would have to be pretty fucking excited about google glass to do that. More excited than me.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 years before everyone has one, 100 years before anyone doesn't feel like a total doucheface wearing it in public

I bet you're underestimating the power of advertisement and media there. And fashion. And social networks.

Hopefully it doesn't make people walk slower than they do at the moment. Central London will be a fucking nightmare if all the tourists get hold of them. Just thousands of people aimlessly wondering about looking at things.

mostly just looks like a hipster fashion accessory

that's how i feel about smartphones though so... whatever

i don't have a facebook or a twitter, maybe i'm a luddite but something about social networking gets under my skin. a bunch of people self promoting kind of makes you want to barf, thats all social networking is. in 2013 every single person has to run their own PR firm. do you realize how disgusting that is? well, we're living in the age of marketing. if you thought it was bad before, just realize that everyone is now a marketer

• 1 year later...

I wish I could carelessly blow $1500 bullshit like this and then not care when it's discontinued.

Seems to me that the only people that wore them were people that worked at Google or had salaries similar to those at Google (read: exorbitant).

To beta test google glass you have to pay $1500 plus tax. You would have to be pretty fucking excited about google glass to do that. More excited than me.

- taxman

That's a real shame. Promising and innovative technology is yet again being held back by the stubborn majority. "Oh I don't need a color-TV", "oh I don't need a mobile telephone", "oh I don't need an internet connection", "oh I don't need a pair of Google glasses"! Well it's going to happen sooner or later so TOO BAD! While you're stuck in the 1960s the world keeps on moving. Deal with it.

That's a real shame. Promising and innovative technology is yet again being held back by the stubborn majority. "Oh I don't need a color-TV", "oh I don't need a mobile telephone", "oh I don't need an internet connection", "oh I don't need a pair of Google glasses"! Well it's going to happen sooner or later so TOO BAD! While you're stuck in the 1960s the world keeps on moving. Deal with it.

Or maybe, you know, you've got some priorities in life like buying food, paying your rent, electricity, ect...

Or maybe, you know, you've got some priorities in life like buying food, paying your rent, electricity, ect...

Lol don't take him seriously.

the commercial and industrial applications for this tech will be massive once they can get decent power in something comfortable to wear. my guess is google wanted to be seen as a pioneer and now they are going to focus on developing consumer tech for 5-10 years from now, letting products like meta1 go through the awkward face brick phase.

maybe a brief setback but there's no stopping the end of privacy, once cameras are a grain of sand that costs 20p, and we're all electronically telepathic

even by today's standards recording the whole life isn't THAT difficult. 80 years = ~700k hours, 0.5GB per hour is a reasonable size for SD compressed video+audio. ~350 TB is just ~100 HDD's. you can get an afro and hide a go pro inside it and voila!

Archived