IGNORED

New Album called "Ufabulum"

Guest teetime

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rotchnock

dark steering is great, wizard energy is pretty meh

what I know im not going to like about this release (again) is the drums. They are as dull as the ones on Dmonstrator

Guest CraniumXII

Damn, tracks taken offline :(

Guess I shoulda seen it coming. Probably good to have some downtime before actual release though... Since I'll be obsessively listening to this for a while afterwards :happy:

Guest teetime

on my way in! can't fucking wait!

Hey have a good time tonight! :yeah: Would be very nice of you if you would able to share some of your experience. :wink:

Guest CraniumXII

on my way in! can't fucking wait!

For the love of Tom, someone get some footage!

I'll love u forever :D

yesterday I finally came to fully accept that Hello Everything and Just a Souvenir both contain some of Jenkinson's most advanced material.

I don't know if you're trolling lol

but I actually agree.

Some real gems in those 2 albums. Quadrature, rotate electrolyte, the modern bass guitar, coathanger, to name but a few.

Damn fucking right. I really wish he'd developed that prog-fusion sound from JAS a bit more, could have been fucking excellent. Though I'd love to see him become a dance superstar!

Guest CraniumXII

Indeed, I think those albums were great, though if a bit cheesy at times. I learned to forgive Squarepusher for his cheesy side during Hello Everything. Him n' Ceephax are 8-bit nerds, so it's natural you'll get some of these nostalgic retro melodies at times. I fockin' love it.

JAS was excellent fusion. The Glass Road is as good as any of these new tracks, in a more "traditional" context. Hello Everything was solid, with only some weak drum programming at times. But tracks like Rotate Electrolyte and Modern Bass Guitar were fantastic.

Even Shobaleader has its redeeming qualities. If anything, it definitely helped improve his live performances & gave rise to this.

Yeah and the track with the "abstract lover" guitar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zn_reu7qMQ

i really dig the blackness of everything but what's going on on-stage. it makes it so you can't really figure what's happening and it's all reduced into weird abstract shapiness. also in that latter clip i hear some tasty break-mashing!

The show was absolutely amazing. Tom is in top form with this new album. The sound was punishing and crystal clear. I damn near almost started to cry during the second or third song, which reminded me of Tundra quite a bit. This might be, imo, Tom's best work to date. I got a couple videos but the battery on my phone was running out, so I couldn't get a whole lot. They're pretty crappy but if no else posts vids of the show by Saturday then I'll throw 'em on pootube. God I can't wait for the album to drop.

The show was absolutely amazing. Tom is in top form with this new album. The sound was punishing and crystal clear.

+1! Too bad you guys weren't in the Live Dates thread, Six and I met up and IDM'ed together. So good.

Archived