IGNORED

New Album called "Ufabulum"

Guest teetime

Guest Lucy Faringold

If it sounds even slightly like a stoned pixie headbutting a moldy football I'll be well pleased.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teetime

Ok, Yeah the stream is a bit messy. Try using the vlc player like i was pointing out in the instructions, then skip to 2 hours 17 min (CTRL + T ) to avoid the strange buggy timestretch thingy to spoil you the fun. The track should start after the 2 commercials at 2 hours 19 min. I tried it now. It should work.

Couple of tpyical classic squarepusher ideas mixed with some Shoba Punk-things.

This is exactly the reason why I'm having the biggest boner right now. This is what Shobaleader should have sounded like !!! (not sure whether the grammar is correct or not with all this emotion)

Guest Lucy Faringold

Thanks for the tips but it ain't flying on my comp. No biggie.

Edit: working with realplayer! Didn't realise I had realplayer installed!

if you're on a mac, you can also load it in Quicktime. I can't remember how I did but it was quite simple to do so.

It worked. The track was pretty pretty good but I like it less than Dark Streeling…It has to be placed in the album's context tho !

Guest CraniumXII

Watch out for those Energy Wizards!!

Track is damn amazing! It sounds like diamond shards are piercing my brain-space. The breakdown was exactly what I expect from the fuckin' daddy.

:music:

Fook. Seems like he took what he was messin' around with on the most recent shoebagazer twaddle and mixed it in right proper with some old school [ ] < awesome drum programmerring (a new word I just made up that involves both the words "programming" and "hammering") and badass electro bass madness. . . DS will probably sound much better once a non-radio rip (or, rather, the actual album) is available.

i love dark steering, it sounds kind of similar to the venus no.17 era material, which is some of my favorite squarepush. i have high hopes!

i'm trying to sign up to see him at the SF creators project event, but i don't get this "ticket lottery" business. i'd rather buy a ticket than have some random chance of getting a free one.

here's the actual track Dark Steering (left in the radio announcer to give em some credit..) :)

Haha, I know that guy. He makes some great music!

Still puzzled as to why these tracks were first played on an indie radio station in Perth, of all places.. I should ask Adam if he's heard the whole album yet!

I'm liking both of these. They bring pretty much everything I liked from the Shobaleader One release in terms of song structure and melody along with being more true to what Squarepusher is (to me, at least).

Archived