IGNORED

New Album called "Ufabulum"

Guest teetime

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dark Steering has too many purposely annoying sounds for me to appreciate it regardless of how much of an ironic hipster I could be, its just musical annoying.

Energy Wizard at least he's giving a fuck about something besides my ear drum collapse.

It sounds like pendulum and skrillex remixed squarepusher... Not sure what to think of it...

yea =\

i feel like tom wants to be a rockstar realllly bad, and its just leading to lots of noodling on the bass and hats with lights on them

This might push him into the mainstream, actually. I feel like Skrillex fans will like this music.

that's interesting. you're kind of right. personally I lean towards thinking that's a good thing.

either way I really enjoyed "Dark Steering." need to hear the other one.

This might push him into the mainstream, actually. I feel like Skrillex fans will like this music.

that's interesting. you're kind of right. personally I lean towards thinking that's a good thing.

Not necessarily saying that that's a bad thing. It just sounds a bit more conventional than his other stuff. Tha Pusha's always been a bit more conventional than other IDM artists. I think Squarepusher is more focused on making stuff that he thinks sounds good than making experimental music.

Not necessarily saying that that's a bad thing. It just sounds a bit more conventional than his other stuff. Tha Pusha's always been a bit more conventional than other IDM artists. I think Squarepusher is more focused on making stuff that he thinks sounds good than making experimental music.

And this is probably why imho he's one of the most interesting IDM artists. You don't ALWAYS have to compose an album with experimental tracks only. Doing what you like without giving a fck about what your audience is hoping for is truely IDM ^^

Guest CraniumXII

All I know is this album is as good as bought :biggrin:

Really diggin' the overall sound design. I actually like that the tracks all share a similar "soundscape". In terms of mixing, the quality sounds great so far... Can't wait for lossless :emotawesomepm9:

It could be difficult for the layman to distinguish the differences between this and brostep. So in that way, perhaps it does open the doors for a more mainstream audience. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I NEVER want to see Squarepusher live with Skrillex :dry:

why is everyone saying this sounds like skrillex? i don't think the tracks that have been posted sound like brostep at all, and i wish everyone would shut the fuck up about skrillex already.

i love dark steering, it sounds kind of similar to the venus no.17 era material, which is some of my favorite squarepush. i have high hopes!

i'm trying to sign up to see him at the SF creators project event, but i don't get this "ticket lottery" business. i'd rather buy a ticket than have some random chance of getting a free one.

I was notified today of admission, looks like I'm seeing Squarepusher on Saturday!

"Squarepusher

will also debut his new live show, marking one of his first US performances in more than seven years."

http://www.thecreatorsproject.com/events/the-creators-project-san-francisco-2012

http://www.thecreatorsproject.com/creators/squarepusher

Yay

Guest CraniumXII

i love dark steering, it sounds kind of similar to the venus no.17 era material, which is some of my favorite squarepush. i have high hopes!

i'm trying to sign up to see him at the SF creators project event, but i don't get this "ticket lottery" business. i'd rather buy a ticket than have some random chance of getting a free one.

Lol, yeah, my bad bringing Skrilks into this... But I agree with your earlier post, this does sound like Venus No. 17 Era Pusher. Definitely my favorite as well. He actually didn't release too many tracks in that vein, so I'm glad we're getting more.

why is everyone saying this sounds like skrillex? i don't think the tracks that have been posted sound like brostep at all, and i wish everyone would shut the fuck up about skrillex already.

I never said it sounded like Skrillex (although I do think that it shares some sonic qualities with his music). I just said that I think people who like Skrillex (or other mainstream electronica) would probably like this. It's less danceable, though.

edit:

I have friends that listen to Dave Matthew's Band and Chemical Brothers and Wiz Khalifa and other pop music. They hate most of my music, but they do like Squarepusher quite a bit. And Flying Lotus.

I will be looking forward to Skrillex fans going "hurf durf this dude is ripping off skrillix"

We should have a thread just for such quotes as will arise on the interwebs

Wow, thanks a lot. I have to say, I like the two new tracks a lot. Quite a new side to Squarepusher or am I wrong? This combination of his early mad drum skills with trashy pads and textures and big melodies and chords, sometimes quite close to this d'Demonstrator-stuff, right?

I was notified today of admission, looks like I'm seeing Squarepusher on Saturday!

"Squarepusher

will also debut his new live show, marking one of his first US performances in more than seven years."

http://www.thecreato...-francisco-2012

http://www.thecreato...rs/squarepusher

Yay

yeeeeeeeah i got mine today too!!! if you see a bearded guy in a faded black and white squarepusher shirt smoking joints, say hi!

yeeeeeeeah i got mine today too!!! if you see a bearded guy in a faded black and white squarepusher shirt smoking joints, say hi!

I'm pretty sure you won't be that conspicuous, lol.

Can someone alert me if he's coming to Los Angeles? Even my girlfriend wants to go. And I always end up missing notifications of this sort of thing, due to me sucking at life.

Archived