IGNORED

New Album called "Ufabulum"

Guest teetime

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lucy Faringold

can we unban sini so he can leak this to us?

I don't think it's even been given to many/any press yet. I'm due to get a promo but I've heard nothing yet. Maybe Warp are trying to tighten up their ship after all their recent shit leaked super-early.

Guest teetime

Anyway now you might be able to hear for yourself what i meant about that he stops using the staple breaks (amen ,think) and is replacing them with his own drum recordings.

This leads to some nice dynamics especially in the snares.

Unfortantely the radio recording is just awful, but you might get a glimpse of it.

sounds like good 'pusher :happy:

It really does sound incredible. I'm glad it's really electronic (no shobadooby one) but also that it is a new style of electronic for him, if that makes any sense. I really like his old, amen-y stuff like ultravisitor and hello everything, go plastic etc, but I think this is a nice departure from that (from the 4 songs I've heard).

Guest CraniumXII

Unfortunately the quality still left much to be desired. The host is a massive cock for rambling on through the climax :dry:

Unfortunately the quality still left much to be desired. The host is a massive cock for rambling on through the climax :dry:

lol what a knob goblin this guy is! Actually maybe he's a very nice guy. But still, he fucked up the epicness.

Don't really like the sound of the drums, reoccurring comment I know but I didn't like them in Shoba and I still don't.

I get it, the amen is done, all the classic breaks are used to death but there's so much more he could have done in a way that they wouldn't clash with everything else going on in most of the tracks.

Guest CraniumXII

Don't really like the sound of the drums, reoccurring comment I know but I didn't like them in Shoba and I still don't.

I get it, the amen is done, all the classic breaks are used to death but there's so much more he could have done in a way that they wouldn't clash with everything else going on in most of the tracks.

http://youtu.be/2qXavp09Lmo

I thought the samples in this track sounded pretty good. It's just what he's going for... I try not to be so critical of those things; whatever samples or synths are used are entirely up to the musician. If it's good music, then it ultimately doesn't matter. And again, I would reserve judgement till we hear the proper audio.

With all that said... I do agree with you in some instances. :cerious:

I thought the samples in this track sounded pretty good. It's just what he's going for... I try not to be so critical of those things; whatever samples or synths are used are entirely up to the musician. If it's good music, then it ultimately doesn't matter. And again, I would reserve judgement till we hear the proper audio.

With all that said... I do agree with you in some instances. :cerious:

To be honest I don't really like the track to begin with, it sounds like something Basshunter or Tiesto would make if they had any advance synth and composition skills. As far the drums goes, the open-hats to me are the culprit, throw me off every single time.

Just had a relisten to old squarepusher releases and the new stuff sounds indeed like he is elaborating further from Go Plastic. I was not really into it anymore but now Go Plastic sounds really fresh for some reason

Archived