IGNORED

New Album called "Ufabulum"

Guest teetime

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pitching a new sitcom to the beeb called Tom Jenkinson Just Can't Win

Huge fake applause whenever Andy walks through the door in a silly jumper

episode 1: tom's bass gets stolen by skrillex, with sexy consequences.

episode 2: andy's 303 gets stolen by skrillex, with sexy consequences.

episode 3: tom and andy embark on an adventure to belgium, with sexy consequences.

Guest CraniumXII

realaudio? jesus

sorry, never saw that format before..

Damn... I haven't used Realplayer in fockin' years... Like 10 years. Guess I'll have to wait :/

Thanks anyway, Sir.

realaudio? jesus

zole, no i was jesusing at the fact that it's realaudio, not that you didn't know it! I'm not surprised, it's a shitty format.

Guest teetime

realaudio? jesus

Damn... I haven't used Realplayer in fockin' years... Like 10 years. Guess I'll have to wait :/

Thanks anyway, Sir.

It is just a preview not the whole track. You can play it with the vlc player.

Guest CraniumXII

It is just a preview not the whole track. You can play it with the vlc player.

Oh... Thank you kindly :)

Guest CraniumXII

Actually... Still couldn't... Tried a couple of different methods.

How about your first impression? :)

there really isn't much in the sample, and what is there is not particularly impressive. can see why it's not on the album proper. and the song's only about 2.5 minutes long yet doesn't go really far in the 45 second clip, so i doubt there's going to be anything immense for the other parts.

it'd still be nice to hear it in full, just for completeness' sake. this whole not letting the japanese tracks be downloadable for the rest is pretty much bullshit. they can keep the extra tracks on their cd/vinyl pressings.

this album made my downstairs neighbor come up and ask me to turn it down.

because you liked it so much you were blasting it?

Or in a bad way?! lol

ectsatic shock at 1:46 -> shameless fart. Once you hear it you cannot unhear it.

original title: ecstatic shart

Farts aside I can definitely understand why people love this live. It is really epic if you turn the volume all the way up.

Farts aside I can definitely understand why people love this live. It is really epic if you turn the volume all the way up.

Happy 1234th post, it's good luck.

But yeah I've only sampled a few songs, waiting until saturday until I can crank it and devote an hour to it.

i thought it came out today, no?

In Japan yeah I think so. Rest of the world May 15th.

i thought it came out today, no?

In Japan yeah I think so. Rest of the world May 15th.

Guest teetime

Ecstatic Shock was the past part of his set. The bass part is just epic. In this track all pieces of ufabulum fall in place. No love for this track?

Guest CraniumXII

Ecstatic Shock was the past part of his set. The bass part is just epic. In this track all pieces of ufabulum fall in place. No love for this track?

I fockin' love "Ecstatic shock"... Definitely one of my favorites. I hear a mild fart... but RDJ actually uses real fart and mashed potato samples... so it's fair game :emotawesomepm9:

Guest yikes

i think this album really is designed for a big system and it lacks a serious translation on a home system or on earbuds

played live it was just bone crushing bass

that said -it's almost primitive when compared to "do you know squarepusher " or anything from go plastic

i think this album really is designed for a big system and it lacks a serious translation on a home system or on earbuds

played live it was just bone crushing bass

that said -it's almost primitive when compared to "do you know squarepusher " or anything from go plastic

To the contrary I find unreal square to be similar to dyks: synthy hook with crazy beats (there are a lot of little edits on the 2nd half) and drax2 reminds me a lot of something ala go-plastic.

It seems like the whole cd is just squarepusher having fun. He's established himself and proven (to himself) that he can make serious music, now he's made money and he's having fun with it making crazy LED shows and shit.

If I were in his shoes, I'd probably do the same.

I know most people won't share this outlook though.

A lot of the comments on here (not yours) are like people saying 40 year olds are having a "mid-life crisis" because the buy a corvette, when really, statistically that is just when most people can afford to buy a nice car like that... He's put in his time as a serious musician. I'm down for some squarepusher rave-y shit.

Some fantastic tunes on this album.

4001 - My favorite track so far. Has an eerie sort of sad synth with pounding bass around the 2min mark that makes the hairs on my arm stand up. Nice wobbly high hats and stuttering drums in between.

Unreal Square - Odd track. Strangely dubstepish for small bits. Would be a blast to experience live.

Stadium Ice - What an odd song. Makes me think of sonic the hedgehog music, or romantic music for expensive kitchen appliances. Lots of fun vowel sounds at the end.

Energy Wizard - Firstly what a funny name for anything. Sounds pretty similar to Stadium Ice with a more conflicting feeling. Perhaps the toaster has cheated on the blender?

Red In Blue - Odd transition track. Feels out of place but its amusing enough. Sounds like somethings up type stuff.

The Metallurgist - I guess this is what was up. Things just got tundra type cold, with lasers.

Drax 2 - Good nod your head music. The bleeps and blips are signature SP material. Lots of stuttering going on late game.

Dark Steering - Album just gets darker and darker sounding. Starts out very dark and cold and evolves into lots of vowel sounding keyboardness.

303 Scopem Hard - Abrasive start, vowel keyboards, grinding metal together.

Estatic Shock - Sounds like a mash of a few songs. Decent enough closer for the album.

The album has a decent flow to it. I can definitely feel this aging well, I do however wish there were more mind blowing moments like in 4001 with those breathtaking synths.

Archived