IGNORED

New Album called "Ufabulum"

Guest teetime

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still waiting on the 2CD preorder, too. Also wondering why bleep doesn't allow a free download of the EP tracks.

Also, my dick is in my hands but no homo.

mj-laughing.gif

Guest kodomo

I loved Drax 2, then Dark Steering came and after Drax it felt more epic in a good way, then 303 Scopem followed steering and I found myself smiling and travelling within my mind sinking into the couch in front my soundsytem.

In short, its a very good one and my vinyl is on its way, cant wait to experience this on Vinyl as well, oh and I liked the second half.

Guest jenny

while i thought shobaleader one was okay, i've got to say i fucking love this. it contains some totally unexpected stuff, like the chill synths in unreal square, even though they mesh incredibly well with everything else. the entire album is beautiful, i also love how he's programmed crazy breaks without traditional drum and bass drum sounds. i can't say which is my favourite track.

i also love how he's programmed crazy breaks without traditional drum and bass drum sounds.

I definitely agree on this. this was necessary. it's not Big Loada 2, and it fucking shouldn't be in 2012.

YES! My god I'm so glad he didn't go back to the god damn amen break.

i also love how he's programmed crazy breaks without traditional drum and bass drum sounds.

I definitely agree on this. this was necessary. it's not Big Loada 2, and it fucking shouldn't be in 2012.

YES! My god I'm so glad he didn't go back to the god damn amen break.

:facepalm:

I am disappoint.

Guest CraniumXII

I LOVE TEH AMENZ! But I agree, I like that he's being more unique in that sense. His breaks are decent enough, but I know he could done better in a few instances. Drums on JAS were well composed for example...

well, I'm fucking tired of the amen, to be quite honest. it's not like there isn't a massive enough body of good music out there already that uses it. I've stopped being able to enjoy new music that features the amen, there's just a law of diminishing returns there.

i feel ya

like most reviewers, the option to restrict himself to a smaller pallet of drum sounds is in fact a good idea and i'm all for it, but in this case, it fails to deliver, imo :|

*Severe JAZZOLA warning*

Yes, I know, it's super jazz at this point... I know this has been posted several times, but I'm still amazed at the similarities of the art in Ufabulum and the new Beach House cover

This is the Beach House cover.

Beach-House-Bloom.jpeg

There is a pic in the inside of Enstrobia that may as well be this pic.

It's like whover did the Beach House cover took the pic at a Squarepusher show.

I just can't let it go.

*Severe JAZZOLA warning*

Yes, I know, it's super jazz at this point... I know this has been posted several times, but I'm still amazed at the similarities of the art in Ufabulum and the new Beach House cover

This is the Beach House cover.

Beach-House-Bloom.jpeg

There is a pic in the inside of Enstrobia that may as well be this pic.

It's like whover did the Beach House cover took the pic at a Squarepusher show.

I just can't let it go.

I took a pic of the inside photo of the Enstrobia CD.

WTF!?!?

7225844300_94dcf8352b_z.jpg

Guest rotchnock

well, I'm fucking tired of the amen, to be quite honest. it's not like there isn't a massive enough body of good music out there already that uses it. I've stopped being able to enjoy new music that features the amen, there's just a law of diminishing returns there.

The amen is and will always be perfectly fine.. the Steinvord EP had the amen on at least 4 of the 5 tracks and it was great. In Cyg x-1 for example, i think im pretty sure it's there but the use is subtle and it's layered with other percussion sounds/breaks

What ISNT enjoyable is the sounds used for percusion on this record.. i mean, DRAX 2, what the hell is going on with the beat on this? i bet im not the only person in this forum complaining about severe ear fatigue after listening to this track only (let alone the entire record in a row). I mean the beat is just some sort of sound as if someone was tapping on a microphone, it has no body whatsoever, it's just a really annoying piercing sound.

i mean, DRAX 2, what the hell is going on with the beat on this? i bet im not the only person in this forum complaining about severe ear fatigue after listening to this track only (let alone the entire record in a row). I mean the beat is just some sort of sound as if someone was tapping on a microphone, it has no body whatsoever, it's just a really annoying piercing sound.

yes, the samples are so sharp and over compressed to the point that it sounds like mashed-up taps and clicks...

stadium ice is a perfectly good example on how to fuck a perfectly great song with crappy "beats"... the crazy amount of reverb in such weak percussion samples makes it sound even worse...

Guest khurmookum

I was lured into pre-ordering what from warp's description seemed like a very stylish and well-designed product (phosphorescent vinyl and cover etc., which to me seemed a perfect match to sp's current appearance and live shows). however the box arrived today and i'm quite annoyed to find that the vinyl is instead rather non-"deluxe", non-phosphorent black. did i miss something about there being two different editions??? bummer.

I was lured into pre-ordering what from warp's description seemed like a very stylish and well-designed product (phosphorescent vinyl and cover etc.) .... i'm quite annoyed to find that the vinyl is instead rather non-"deluxe", non-phosphorent black. did i miss something about there being two different editions??? bummer.

Where did you read that the vinyl would be phosphorescent ? Everything I read stated it'd just be the front of the box that was glow int' dark.

I was lured into pre-ordering what from warp's description seemed like a very stylish and well-designed product (phosphorescent vinyl and cover etc., which to me seemed a perfect match to sp's current appearance and live shows). however the box arrived today and i'm quite annoyed to find that the vinyl is instead rather non-"deluxe", non-phosphorent black. did i miss something about there being two different editions??? bummer.

You might want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

Archived