New Album called "Ufabulum"

Guest teetime

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RadarJammer

If you've read them, you'd know.

'Hello' Posts

It seems to be natural to post something to announce who you are when you join the board. This is fine. However, you should be treating your audience with a little respect first. Making a first post like "hello you fuckers" will be treated as flame-baiting (see above). Don't be surprised if you get repeated "read the rules" comments. Just our way of saying "hi".

I read the rules several times before I caught this bit because If I am going to waste 5 or 10 minutes out of my life to read a boring document I will intentionally skip over the bits which I don't think apply to my situation, like making a "hello post" which most users probably don't intend to do so wouldn't read that section.

If all you watmm coolaid drinkers intend to keep irresponsibly hazing new users with offhand and out of place "read the rules"comments then have the courtesy to move it to a part of the rules page that isn't arbitrary.

My 10th or so post was almost my last one because someone decided to be a douchbag and tell me that and then refuse to let me in on the joke after a few PM's and a half dozen times reading the rules.

Also its like throwing a pointless kink in a thread. If you need to tell someone to read the rules then why not do it in PM?

If you've read them, you'd know.

'Hello' Posts

It seems to be natural to post something to announce who you are when you join the board. This is fine. However, you should be treating your audience with a little respect first. Making a first post like "hello you fuckers" will be treated as flame-baiting (see above). Don't be surprised if you get repeated "read the rules" comments. Just our way of saying "hi".

I read the rules several times before I caught this bit because If I am going to waste 5 or 10 minutes out of my life to read a boring document I will intentionally skip over the bits which I don't think apply to my situation, like making a "hello post" which most users probably don't intend to do so wouldn't read that section.

If all you watmm coolaid drinkers intend to keep irresponsibly hazing new users with offhand and out of place "read the rules"comments then have the courtesy to move it to a part of the rules page that isn't arbitrary.

My 10th or so post was almost my last one because someone decided to be a douchbag and tell me that and then refuse to let me in on the joke after a few PM's and a half dozen times reading the rules.

Also its like throwing a pointless kink in a thread. If you need to tell someone to read the rules then why not do it in PM?

In all seriousness, it's just our way of testing how gullible someone is. At least, that's how I see it. It's not a personal dig or anything. Every forum has its in-jokes, and one of ours just happens to take advantage of new members :wink:

I've noticed lately that there are a few new members who behave like toolboxes, coming on here with no clue and getting all aggro with long-time members. telling someone to rtr is not so much hazing as it is like saying "pull up your pants, noob".

this too

welcome to the internet.

I've noticed lately that there are a few new members who behave like toolboxes, coming on here with no clue and getting all aggro with long-time members.

edit: not personally directed at you, Radar

Directed at me then?

Anywho, my pants are up and I'm wearing a belt too. I still don't understand how telling someone to read the rules is applicable, or even funny. Maybe it's a long-time WATMM joke that's just old and dry by now......

Some of us "newbs" are here to have conversations and randomly, without any apparent reason, telling us to read the rules is actually quite annoying and put-offish.

anyway, back to the album...

When are they putting out MORE than 14 seconds worth for us?! =/

I guess they're applying the same strategy they did back in 2010 for Shobaleader : first a very little video, then the music clip in it's entirety. In this case it shouldn't take long before we hear some fresher material. But we still have the vimeo clip to satisfy us right now :music:

I guess they're applying the same strategy they did back in 2010 for Shobaleader : first a very little video, then the music clip in it's entirety. In this case it shouldn't take long before we hear some fresher material. But we still have the vimeo clip to satisfy us right now :music:

heck ya!

Hopefully thats where the similarities to shobaleader end though lol.

About reading the rules and noobs and all: I also got through this but I took it as fun and necessary. I kinda like it, that you're supposed to feel awkward in the beginning, because watmm is a special place. And then, when you're in and "get it" you feel more excepted because you passed the test. It's a test.

the test of truth

About reading the rules and noobs and all: I also got through this but I took it as fun and necessary. I kinda like it, that you're supposed to feel awkward in the beginning, because watmm is a special place. And then, when you're in and "get it" you feel more excepted because you passed the test. It's a test.

the test of truth

:rtfm:

welcome to the internet.

I've noticed lately that there are a few new members who behave like toolboxes, coming on here with no clue and getting all aggro with long-time members.

edit: not personally directed at you, Radar

Directed at me then?

Anywho, my pants are up and I'm wearing a belt too. I still don't understand how telling someone to read the rules is applicable, or even funny. Maybe it's a long-time WATMM joke that's just old and dry by now......

Some of us "newbs" are here to have conversations and randomly, without any apparent reason, telling us to read the rules is actually quite annoying and put-offish.

lol no, not personally directed at you either, but I have noticed you getting aggro. maybe don't do that so much. I get that you're new to this community and want to be a part of it, but understand that it can take time for that to happen. I've only been a member for a couple of years (though I've been reading since 04/05) so I'm not getting on my high horse or anything, just pointing things out.

also RTRing people is just part of WATMM humour, stick around long enough and you'll get it.

edit: also also re flahbulb, refer to these texts: 1, 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onnd3UM04hc

?????????????????????????????????????//

lol

Also yeah, I don't think I get aggressive. It's more... assertive. Aggressive would be jumping into a thread out of nowhere and calling someone a retard for their opinion. But I leave that to the old school watmmers who have done it to me a number of times in the last 2 or 3 weeks lol.

dw, stephen is just chuffed that he didn't get it

it's really one of the best bits of watmm culture left.

hhaah no it's ok. I get it. Don't worry. It is well within my grasp to understand. Doesn't mean I think it's funny. lol

Not everyone has to agree. =)

Archived