IGNORED

Squarepusher - Ufabulum

Redruth

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

two last tracks add up to the steinvord mystery as they both sound like based on the steinvord ideas. whole album kinda sounds like that. maybe tom is just a fan.

steinvord is one of the biggest SP ripoffs of all time.. not a single unique idea to be found in that stuff.

That's because they're both the same person. :cerious:

yup

Listening to 4001 now, I'm seriously thinking Armin van Buuren walked into the studio and added some trance melodies to an otherwise OK track.

This appeals to me. I'm getting too old to pretend I don't like trance synths/melodies. Can't wait to hear it!

Guest ruiagnelo

this album might be a grower.

i still feel a need to break my head on the nearest wall when Unreal Square is playing, but other than that it's an o.k. album.

i can't help but think that everytime an artist is approaching a very popular style (dubstep being the case) it can only mean it's trying to get to a broader audience, or saying something like 'hey look at me, i can do it TOO!!!'

Tom doesn't really need to go this way

Dark Steering has grown on me the few times I have played. At first I didn't care too much for the 2nd half but it's pretty good now. It's still cheesy but hopefully in the context of the album this may work a treat.

Guest ruiagnelo

somehow the melodies on 4001 and Ecstatic Shock really sound reminiscent of early analogue bubblebath melodies

Guest CraniumXII

somehow the melodies on 4001 and Ecstatic Shock really sound reminiscent of early analogue bubblebath melodies

Yup... "Ecstatic Shock" seems like "4001" Pt.2. I love that the album closes in a similar note, just a bit nastier. I'm sure the album will grow on those who are still unsure about it.

I was exploring a long dungeon (blackreach) in Skyrim while listening to this, n' it just felt right :emb:

Guest bitroast

Is any of the criticism in this thread legit?? This album is the best shit ever!!

There's a clear a distinction between the two halves. First half being colourful and fun. The comparisons to ceephax or him trying to reach out to a larger audience don't even ring true to me. This stuff reminds me of Numbers Lucent and the electronic ultravisitor tracks like abacus and talk. Only fatter and well produced like the shobaleader stuff. And the second half is down right awesome. Even dark steering is fucken good in the context of the album (race car noises and all).

I fucken adore this album. It's every bit >the shit< I thought it was going to be^^

I love 4001 at 3:15 ish. Love 303 scopem hard, probably my favorite. Drax 2 after the 5 minute mark and all of The Metallurgist. The 'happier' tracks are okay, I mean unreal square sounds like some club hit, but it's not my taste as much as the darker stuff. The tracks I like I really do LIKE, so, awesome.

Archived