IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Burger

Guest bitroast

I like the look of those chips in that last Five Guys one. I haven't seen one here yet, I'll keep an eye out maybe.

they're tasty, and they give you about half a lunch sack full. the first time my wife and i went there we each ordered "regular fries". we could have split one order and still had some left.

it's a great place.

Imagine that time you were so hungry that Burger King tasted good. Now imagine that is reality. You can go to Five Guys and it will taste good sober, and better drunk. Never been to BK / McDonalds without at least 1000 beers .

Should I crosspost? eh. Probably belonged in this thread anyway.

08gg.jpg

That's the Cowboy Burger at the Blind Donkey Whiskey Bar in Pasadena.

bacon, cheddar, onion rings, a pretty huge patty and triple-fried fries in gigantic proportions, somehow only $10 USD

delicious but probably deadly

also that is my whiskey drinking face, apparently, sheeiiit

the manager totally comped me a whistle pig rye for my b-day, too. awesome.

Edited by baph

Should I crosspost? eh. Probably belonged in this thread anyway.

08gg.jpg

That's the Cowboy Burger at the Blind Donkey Whiskey Bar in Pasadena.

bacon, cheddar, onion rings, a pretty huge patty and triple-fried fries in gigantic proportions, somehow only $10 USD

delicious but probably deadly

also that is my whiskey drinking face, apparently, sheeiiit

the manager totally comped me a whistle pig rye for my b-day, too. awesome.

how many whiskeys in are you?

that's it i'm making burgers this weekend.

slightly related... had a steak sandwich the other day and the guy asked if i wanted mustard, i said yes please, then he asked if i wanted horse radish sauce... mustard AND horse radish sauce? i'm not sure i could appreciate either of those strong flavours while all mixed up together. and i would have picked horse radish given the choice from the start.

surely it's either/or when it comes to mustard v horse radish?

He was probably just born confusing. LIsted one thing and then remembered that he had to list more than one thing.

This thread inspired me to go get Five Guys. I got a double bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, tomatoes, mayo/mus/ket

Didn't take a picture of it because I was too damn hungry.

I also went to Five Guys (for the first time).

Butt-load of pics in spoiler.

There were free monkey nuts everywhere, this one was next to the queue.IMG_0223_zps7d88dafa.jpg

IMG_0222_zps7d902ebb.jpg

After they put your order in the bag they throw another scoop of chips on top of everything, my burger is nestling underneath them.

IMG_0225_zpse155aa6f.jpg

I ordered a bacon double cheeseburger with jalapenos, gherkins, grilled mushrooms, fried onions, lettuce and hot sauce.

IMG_0227_zpsdd120deb.jpg

IMG_0226_zpsfa5dfdf0.jpg

First bite was juicy meat heaven

IMG_0229_zps4569c763.jpg

IMG_0230_zps813e6f4b.jpg

More free nuts, this time on top of a bin.

IMG_0231_zpsdf88dfa3.jpg

Hot sauce is not fucking kidding!

Also, the soft drinks were self serve with free refills. The machines were touch screen! I got a Dr Pepper. They also served beer and besides Budweiser they had Brooklyn Lager and Brewdog Punk IPA.

IMG_0234_zpsddfee6e5.jpg

APPROVED!

IMG_0232_zps2ff117f4.jpg

Didn't even eat the chips, put them in my bag, gonna have them for breakfast.

Took me hours to digest that burger, well worth it though.

amazon! Looks like this Five Guys place is pretty similar to the Mr Burger truck in Melbourne.. except Mr Burger does those oldskool crinkle cut fries. I'm glad there are a bunch of American style burger places popping up around here; it's so good to have a burger option that doesn't contain fucking bacon, eggs and beetroot.

• 2 weeks later...

DSC_0083_zpsf8c8024b.jpg

Had this beauty at my local pub yesterday. had jalapeños and a red sauce which I forget the name of. Was darker than ketchup and had a weak chilli taste to it.

The chips are amazing too.

Guest bitroast

amazon! Looks like this Five Guys place is pretty similar to the Mr Burger truck in Melbourne.. except Mr Burger does those oldskool crinkle cut fries. I'm glad there are a bunch of American style burger places popping up around here; it's so good to have a burger option that doesn't contain fucking bacon, eggs and beetroot.

no way man!

mr burger have standard cut chips. are you thinking of huxtaburger, maybe? :D

no way man!

mr burger have standard cut chips. are you thinking of huxtaburger, maybe? :D

I've had crinkle cut chips a few times at mr burger, but I went there on friday night and they were standard. Maybe they've changed, or they alternate?

uploadfromtaptalk1375625873560.jpg

Last weekend. Quorn 1/4 pounders with cheese and gerkins. No onions as we forgot. Oh yeah we also had a bit of fresh Thai green curry paste on them. Delish! All washed down with home brewed ale.

Edited by MadameChaos