IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Burger

Guest bitroast

chicken burger today...i had the "ultimate chicken burger", which consisted of: buttermilk fried chicken breast, smoked bacon, mature cheddar, fried red onion, 2 hash browns, rocket, tomato, mayo...was deece

21ef890102b4e01197f532e9815b0bf1.jpg

bcm, you had me at buttermilk.  :beer:

drinking a greens n ginger smoothie from jamba juice right now cuz i need to detox from eating straight junk for the last few weeks lol .. imagining that ultimate chicken burger is in my mouth right now 

how does watmm feel about chicken burgers? generally i don't have a chicken burger.

chicken burgers.

before the Nandos period of my existence I would've been staunchly opposed to them, but... Nandos.

yeah fried chicken sandwiches can be risky cuz of the dry issue. a lot of places use mayo to make up for that and i hate mayo, so if its not moist enough or flavorful, ill sometimes get honey mustard, buttermilk ranch, buffalo sauce, etc. 

• 3 weeks later...

how does watmm feel about chicken burgers? generally i don't have a chicken burger.

chicken burgers.

I grabbed a 'korean burger' from Leon last week. It was chicken thigh meat and spicy pickled vegetables. Quite good.

wot episode was it?

The Trip/The Pitch/The Ticket/The Wallet/The Watch

chicken burgers.

I grabbed a 'korean burger' from Leon last week. It was chicken thigh meat and spicy pickled vegetables. Quite good.

wot episode was it?

The Trip/The Pitch/The Ticket/The Wallet/The Watch

yeah i've had one of those chicken thigh burgers from leon - really good!

Had this beauty on Saturday at a local place called Sweet Pea's that's right down the street from my place:

• Beer Cheese Lucy

Stuffed with our creamy, house-made beer cheese sauce, featuring Grain Belt Premium, and served on a pretzel bun. Topped with bacon, bistro sauce, haystack onions, and a slice of habanero jack

It was fucking glorious....

For those that don't know, a "Jucy Lucy" is a burger with cheese stuffed in the middle that gets all melty and delicious when cooked right, it was invented here in Minnesota, although which restaurant did it first is a hot debate around here... Either way there's a few places around here that do it damn well and go beyond the basic Lucy these days, regardless of wether or not they're the originators.

Every pretzel bun I've had was like a sodium overdose. Is there a correct way to make them?