IGNORED

Mid-2012 Top Albums & EPs

cear

I am horrible at these lists, everytime I start to make one I always get paranoid I am forgetting some stuff.

edit: I do know that Actress - RIP is most definitely highlight release so far for me.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vaervaf - hipcatch

the caretaker - patience (after sebald)

photodementia - fig 03

automatic tasty - speech and silence

Well, I'm a little bit behind the 2012 releases. I've been catching up with older stuff. But here's some favorites from me:

LPs:

Dr. Robotnik - Number Theory

Lone - Galaxy Garden

Plug - Back On Time

Mr 76ix - Experiment Four

EPs:

Kyoka - Ish

This brilliant first Robotnik track (infrared divergence) sounds so much like a videogame song... #perfectdark

This brilliant first Robotnik track (infrared divergence) sounds so much like a videogame song... #perfectdark

Yah, it sounds like he used a SID chip for some of the pads. Diverge into the unknown..

ALBUMS

Automatic Tasty - Speech & Silence (album of the year imo so far)

Photodementia - Fig. 03

Dexciya - Journey of the deep sea dweller I and II

CN - Obscure Research

Squarepusher - Ufabulum

Last Step - Sleep

Mr. Oizo - Stade 2

EPS

CN - RA

Mr. Oizo - Stade 3

Odan - Odan EP

Der Zyklus - Krypton 84

Actress - R.I.P.

The Gasman - Hiding Place

The Caretaker - Patience (After Sebald)

are my three favourites, but then I've only bought about 8 albums released this year - there's too many past years to catch up on :/

Yah, it sounds like he used a SID chip for some of the pads. Diverge into the unknown..

On repeat all day after your initial post. Thanks man...

Guest AcrossCanyons

Galaxy Garden is undisputed number 1 for me. The Money Store, Ufabulum and Ex Lives (Every Time I Die) are taking up the next few slots.

Gangrene, Odditorium

Hell yeah.

Word

Checked it out. Good but so short...

Yeah, despite the length though I enjoyed a lot more than their longer releases.

After downloading few from the lists I'd say Atom TM's Winterreisse and Ital's Hive Mind are some of my favorites now. I need to start paying attention to Planet Mu also, I guess. :cisfor:

Also nobody mentioned senking's Dazed? I noticed I had missed that too and got it also. Pretty good.

Guest ruiagnelo

i keep an eye on several music blogs and watmm's own music forum, but i usually spend a lot of time with every new release that grabs me, so as a result, i haven't checked about 95% of the releases you guys are posting.

have i been losing too much? because i just can't keep with this intense rhythm of music releases nowadays...

Archived