IGNORED

APHEX TWIN Running Springs, CA Organic Underworld Sep 20 1997 (FLAC)

Guest bias

hi all,

something new popped at DIMEADOZEN:

http://www.dimeadoze...s.php?id=327516

"APHEX TWIN Running Springs, CA Organic Underworld Sep 20 1997

Aphex Twin Sep 20 1997.torrent

APHEX TWIN

RUNNING SPRINGS,CA:ORGANIC UNDERWORLD

9/20/97

D3 Cassette Master -> Untracked Aiff File -> Soundforge -> FLAC

(no setlist)

Similiar quality to the Sneaker Pimps, BT and Faithless that were uploaded way back when. All I think I have left is a bunch of DJ sets unless anyone remembers anything else happening that night?

302.86 MB"

audience recording.

tracklisting is:

01 4/Peek 824545201 (intro) / Pulsewidth

02 Bucephalus Bouncing Ball

03 To Cure A Weakling Child (Contour Regard)

04 (unknown track with HAB drums)

05 Laughable Butane Bob

06 Heliosphan

07 Inkey$ / (unknown track - Crappy)

08 Digeridoo"

I got to see Aphex in 97 here in Seattle along with Luke Vibert. I don't think the bodybuilders were until (years) later. This would have been with the Donkey Rhubarb teddy bears.

Brilliant find!

The 97 sets were all great... similar tracklists with lovely minor tweaks here and there. Love this one.

Was LA the set with the bodybuilders?

large thanks to whomever uploaded this originally. a lot of fun stuff happening at this show. and he plays that tangent iteration in bulph bouncing ball four+ times instead of the two at other shows. that was always my favorite part i wish the original track had it in in it.

• 1 year later...

Brilliant find!

The 97 sets were all great... similar tracklists with lovely minor tweaks here and there. Love this one.

Was LA the set with the bodybuilders?

Holy shit I was at this as a li'l baby 18 year old! My first real show :w00t: (besides seeing like Weird Al at the county fair or something which sorta doesn't count cause I was only there to chill w/ friends). Been looking for a great recording of it for years!! Oh internets, how awesome it is that I get to hear my first show 17 years later. This was not in Running Springs however. It was originally supposed to be there in the mountains (but they ruined a shitload of gear up there the year before because of dust at the ski resort in Running Springs where it was held in the summertime [least that's the reason I heard]) but they moved it down into the city of San Bernardino at the National Orange Show fairgrounds and racetrack. It should really be called Aphex Twin live at Organic '97, San Bernardino, CA.

Yes it was these guys on stage :rhubear3::rhubear1::rhubear2:, but they had RDJ Album faces instead of I Care Because You Do ones.

Little people body builder girls and tall masked pagan robe/cloak wearing guy was at ATP at UCLA in 2003. Another great one, and he played Acrid Avid Jam Shred too.

Then there was Coachella 2008 with an hour long DJ set with none of his own music that I recall and that's where he had the dancing animal costumed people right at the crazy mad drill n bass climax ending of the set.

Bangface Weekender 2012 was really the least good time I saw him. Too hot. Too loud (never heard him that loud because he never had to play that loud to still be awesome). He played a couple of his tracks like Meltphace 6 but I didn't even want to stay and most of us left part way through it.

Nothing is going to relive the magic of that 1997 show for me though, and I don't think anything should. Well done. Thanks to whoever put this up indeed!

Archived