IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

244985-ibb.jpg

Destructoid: Photo of the PS4 controller prototype (& devkit)

http://www.destructoid.com/what-the-hell-is-this-the-new-playstation-controller--244985.phtml

Well, at least this controller looks bigger than the PS2 & 3 controller. That's great because I have MIGHTY BIG HANDS and the old controller gave me cramps!

Thinking of getting a 3DSXL. It comes bundled with a Pokemon game. I'm not sure if I should go for it? Are Pokemon games just for kids? I used to have one for my original Gameboy but I was a fair bit younger then.

You want Pokemon X/Y scheduled for Fall 2013, they finally revamped their engine to take advantage of the 3DS graphic capabilities. Monter battles are also finally rendered in an attractive art style instead of 1998 2D sprites.

244985-ibb.jpg

Destructoid: Photo of the PS4 controller prototype (& devkit)

http://www.destructoid.com/what-the-hell-is-this-the-new-playstation-controller--244985.phtml

Well, at least this controller looks bigger than the PS2 & 3 controller. That's great because I have MIGHTY BIG HANDS and the old controller gave me cramps!

With that Blue light at the top it almost seems like they are integrating the Playstation Move into the controller.

I got Ni No Kuni on Tuesday. Already over 20 hours in... can't get enough of it. Kinda annoyed that I've made some poor decisions regarding familiars, though, and I think I'm going to have to go back and level some up.

Thinking of getting a 3DSXL. It comes bundled with a Pokemon game. I'm not sure if I should go for it? Are Pokemon games just for kids? I used to have one for my original Gameboy but I was a fair bit younger then.

You want Pokemon X/Y scheduled for Fall 2013, they finally revamped their engine to take advantage of the 3DS graphic capabilities. Monter battles are also finally rendered in an attractive art style instead of 1998 2D sprites.

I'm probably gonna get the White/Black 2 for now because it ends up being £10 when I buy the console as well. I am looking forward to trying out the 3D on it though. Think I'll get the Super Mario 3D with it too.

It's quite surprising to see that up to now the battles haven't changed much from the originals.

Guest nuclearaddict

Didn't read the rest of the thread, but are you guys big on DayZ? I run a private hive server located in Washington D.C. We've been looking to open it up to anybody who isn't a hacker. Griefers and carebears are all welcome.

IP: 184.173.146.24
Port: 3068
It's passworded, but just PM me and I'll send it to you. We're currently running Taviana (1.7.4.4). I have it set to give all new spawns a pistol with some ammo, compass and a map.

Didn't read the rest of the thread, but are you guys big on DayZ? I run a private hive server located in Washington D.C. We've been looking to open it up to anybody who isn't a hacker. Griefers and carebears are all welcome.

IP: 184.173.146.24
Port: 3068
It's passworded, but just PM me and I'll send it to you. We're currently running Taviana (1.7.4.4). I have it set to give all new spawns a pistol with some ammo, compass and a map.

I've been meaning to get into this game but haven't had a decent server to join. I shall join yalls when I have some spare time to play.

Just finished Portal 2, now playing the co-op mode with a friend and it's as great as the solo campaign.
Also waiting for SC2:HotS to come...Will have to upgrade MacOS to play it but nevermind

Guest Frankie5fingers

Just finished Portal 2, now playing the co-op mode with a friend and it's as great as the solo campaign.

Also waiting for SC2:HotS to come...Will have to upgrade MacOS to play it but nevermind

same, i want it to be March already. im probably gonna do a full SC day where i play all three games to get ready for HotS. SC is one of my favorite video game series of all time.

still on Batman Arkham City....stuck at the fucking gang fight when you break into Dr. Strange's parto f the city...jesus christ why the fuck is it so damn hard? is there a strategy Im missing?

Im starting to think the way to go is to take out the gunner immediately, then grapple back up, shoot the line launcher, do line launcher dive and slowly pick off everyone by repeating the process...those fucking stun baton guys UGH

Started replaying Alan Wake.

Dat atmosphere.

Only complaint I have about it, is that the camera in the game, is really annoying at times.

Edited by Ceerial

skyrim is such an amazing game once you realize it's a whole lot more fun to just explore the world and do random quests rather than slavishly follow the main questline. also, last time i played i read every single book i found and clicked on every single dialogue option because OCD even though i couldn't give less of a fuck about the lore. it's like i just realized that im supposed to have fun with the game.

it becomes even more OCD friendly if you get the hearthfire add-on, it lets you build your own houses and get furniture and set everything up the way you want, so you can build libraries of color coordinated bookshelfs and what not. thats kind of what i did

Giving XCOM: Enemy Unknown a go again after a three-month hiatus. This time I played it with the Slingshot DLC installed, which grants three new missions and a new Heavy soldier by the name of Shaojie Zhang, a former Triad member.

Currently at the end of April 2015 and already on the Alien Base Assault. But once I ran into a pack of six Chryssalids, I was fuct. Will try again tonight, saving all of my Heavies' rockets for only Chryssalids.

Edited by ambermonk

^I remember having that same issue with Deux Ex: HR.

I felt like I had to read all those boring emails. But once I stopped, the game was immensely more fun.

Same. Although the emails and eBooks throughout the game provide detailed insight to the game's setting and history, they really slow down gameplay if you read all of them.

Edited by ambermonk