IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

yeah, all i hear is great things for the first one. so ill probably hit that up before playing infinite. but i heard that 2 sucks and that i really shouldnt bother with it. true?

I've played all three. Bioshock 2 is basically an extension of the first game. The only main difference is that you play as an early Big Daddy prototype. You can walk on the ocean floor without running out of O2 in some sections though. There's also a couple of new enemy types. Aside from that, there's nothing significantly different from the original.

I definitely enjoyed both Bioshock 1 and 2. The first one is better, but the second one is still good. And I agree completely with ambermonk.

Guest Enter a new display name

I'm about to beat Beyond Good & Evil on PS2 (yeah, I'm not playing the HD remaster). This game is great but the sneaking parts are a bit weak imo.

Edited by Enter a new display name

A bit late but I'm now getting into Far Cry 3. So far it's much more similar to FC2 than I was expecting. Not that I didn't really like FC2 but I was expecting something a bit different. Not sure what though really. The hunting aspect is quite good but I can't find any damn Tapir so can't enlarge my loot sack which is annoying. I may need to just go round the whole map and get all the aerials sorted first.

Dude that fucking caught me out for ages too. The tapir are literally just south of Amanaki where you start, check your map you'll see over the bridge south of Amanaki the white animal, that's the tapir!

Guest isaki

Receiver,

Interesting game, randomized level layouts, the most realistic gun mechanics I've seen in a game so far, no saves, one shot death. Simple game but really creates tension.

ust copped metro 2033 in the steam sale for £3.50 aswell, hope this has a STALKER-esque feel to it.

nice! good job on developers for releasing source

I finished Abe's Exoddus with 299 Modukons saved, I missed 1.... rage.

Gonna give Silent Hill Downpour a chance tonight. I have one friend who says it sucks massive dick and another two who love it. I don't have high expectations.

my cd/dvd machine doesn´t accept disks anymore and team fortress 2 is falling on the beginning every time I run it (which I am half-way happy about altough because it´s a very addictive one) so I am off to indie/abandonware/old school territories

I rented Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD but realized they are going to take more than the rental is worth to complete

is it worth buying?

they have that Studio Gibley charm but a little long winded for the time I get to play games these days

Guest Enter a new display name

You can beat Ico within less than 5 hours and Shadow Of The Colossus within less than 10 hours. These games are both fantastic but they're rather first time experiences.

Guest Frankie5fingers

yeah, theyre awesome games. but if you really sit down and play em you can beat them pretty quickly.

I don't think I've found a game that perfectly encapsulates the atmosphere of each environment as well as Ico does. Every room is just so perfectly lit, the acoustics and audio ambience just so realistic that I just get completely engrossed in the game world, even after all these years. Just seeing Yorda messing around with jumping on blocks, playing with the birds is really some uncanny valley stuff that always warms my heart.

After completing Bibleshock Bioshock: Infinite twice, I decided to give Metro 2033 a go for the first time last night. It reminds me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in many ways, but is darker and more claustrophobic. A gas mask becomes a necessity when going anywhere outside of post-apocalypse Moscow's tunnels. Also, pre-apocalypse military grade ammunition is currency. It is also more effective in combat than conventional "dirty" ammo, but you're basically using money as ammo if you do so.

I never did finish Stalker. I played it every night for months but took it real slow. IIRC I got as far as the entrance to the Red Forest, where there's a skirmish between Monolith and Freedom.

I know exactly the part you describe. I don't want to reveal any spoilers, but it'd be a good idea to have plenty of anti-rad meds and/or vodka before heading into the Red Forest. Also expect to encounter Monolith fighters the rest of the game, next time you have a chance to play.

It might also be worth noting that the Red Forest is a real world locale. It's one of the most radioactive places on Earth, and is part of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.

Guise, what are recommended PS3 games to play? Games that are unique to PS3, I mean. Keep in mind I'm not interested in your boring shootan hoorah gayboy games, I like something that offers a slightly unique experience.

Also I like games, not QTE interactive cutscenes. Think unique along the lines of ICO/Shadow of Colossus, which will be my first purchase!

Fanx!

I've played that to completion round my friends. Good recommendation though! Actually, is Flower much cop?

Aye absolutely - it's not quite Journey's level of loveliness but is way up there ! (probably the only decent use of the Six-axis motion control too)

Guest Frankie5fingers

Guise, what are recommended PS3 games to play? Games that are unique to PS3, I mean. Keep in mind I'm not interested in your boring shootan hoorah gayboy games, I like something that offers a slightly unique experience.

Also I like games, not QTE interactive cutscenes. Think unique along the lines of ICO/Shadow of Colossus, which will be my first purchase!

Fanx!

Ni No Kuni

Fanx!

Any of the PixelJunk series of games - Eden, Monsters, Shooter 1 and 2, SideScroller - about the only ones I wouldn't recommend of theirs are the Racers series and PixelJunk AM (unless you like to fiddle around and make interactive music).

Seconded on Flower, Journey, or Echochrome 1 & 2.

Started playing Bioshock Infinite - hopefully I won't lose interest like I did with Bioshock 1 & 2...

The burden free dynamics of Elizabeth in Bioshock: Infinite make me even more optimistic for the dynamics between Joel and Ellie in The Last of Us, from the gameplay videos it seems simillar in that she can assist you and seemingly even jump into combat at times, without ever having to protect her. Seriously can't wait to play The Last Of Us, girlfriend pre-ordered the special edition for me as a gift months ago.

Fanx!

As far as lush goes God of War and Uncharted are pretty much the flagship games that let you know your not playing an XB360.

MGS4 is not so good if you don't like extended cut scenes or Killzone 2&3 if your not a for the gun-ho but they revised Ninja Gaiden for the PS3 is pretty sweet and Metal Gear Reverence follows its trend. If you like racing games then Wipeout HD and GT5 are essential and really good online too.

On the PSN Dead Nation, Flow, Sine Mora, Soldner-X are worth an look also this crazy title from the Saturn.

yet to check out these

The burden free dynamics of Elizabeth in Bioshock: Infinite make me even more optimistic for the dynamics between Joel and Ellie in The Last of Us, from the gameplay videos it seems simillar in that she can assist you and seemingly even jump into combat at times, without ever having to protect her. Seriously can't wait to play The Last Of Us, girlfriend pre-ordered the special edition for me as a gift months ago.

I have strong faith that The Last of Us will be an amazing game. And yes, I see what you mean, Bioshock Infinite's Elizabeth seems to add to the idea of burden free followers/lack of babysitting, quite well. I'll be purchasing this big title on day 1 for sure.

Finished Metro 2033 last night. Ended up being about 10 hrs of gameplay. A decent game overall, but what I hated most about it was

those damn Librarians and Amoebas towards the end. The Librarians especially take about 20 shotgun shells to kill, and there were probably at least ten of those fuckers in the part where you have to find the D6 documents. If ammo was more abundant I wouldn't bitch as much.

Considering playing Bioshock 1 again, after having played through Infinite twice. I think it's been about four years since I last played it.

Edited by ambermonk