IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest AcrossCanyons

Just finished Alan Wake. What an amazing game. My only critique is that I wish there were more sections being in the town at day and getting to really interact with the characters, I would play a life simulator if it was done with the Alan Wake engine. :crazy:

How are the DLCs and American Nightmare? Worth getting? I presume they are but I have a backlog of about 6 games to play as well as buying the final version of Street Fighter 4, King of Fighters XIII and Street Fighter x Tekkan recently to keep me busy, so how worth it are we talking?

Talking about the backlog, what should I play next? I have Darksiders 2, The Witcher 2, Vanquish, Nier (I've finished once but have the 2nd and 3rd stories to go) and Bioshock Infinite to borrow off my brother.

The burden free dynamics of Elizabeth in Bioshock: Infinite make me even more optimistic for the dynamics between Joel and Ellie in The Last of Us, from the gameplay videos it seems simillar in that she can assist you and seemingly even jump into combat at times, without ever having to protect her. Seriously can't wait to play The Last Of Us, girlfriend pre-ordered the special edition for me as a gift months ago.

Yeah, I could easily see TLoU being GoTY - assuming there's no PS4/NeXTBOX games that steal its thunder (which would be unprecedented if a launch window title got GoTY - I think Mario 64 or Super Mario World ever came close (and without checking, possibly did).

Guest Shit Attack

got a thing to play ps2 games on the pc anybody got any recomendations of cool lesser known games to try ? already got most of the famous ones (ico, metal gear, gta, shadow of the colosus, final fantasy etc)

Guest Frankie5fingers

got a thing to play ps2 games on the pc anybody got any recomendations of cool lesser known games to try ? already got most of the famous ones (ico, metal gear, gta, shadow of the colosus, final fantasy etc)

Person 3 and 4. absolutely amazing games

Rez

assuming you've got God of War 1&2?

Guest Shit Attack

coool will check those ones out , nah i dont have either god of war . is the person ones called persona ? i cant find any games called person cheers

Edited by Shit Attack

Guest Frankie5fingers

Persona, yeah. i missed the a. Also you should check out the other Shin Megami Tensei games by Atlus, Specifically Nocturne and Devil Summoner. Atlus makes some pretty amazing games.

Okay, the game itself is sort of low budget and quite a bit clunky, but one of my favourite games on PS2 is Way of the Samurai. It's a really short game where you play a wandering samurai who strolls into a village that's in the middle of a bit of gang plight. You can literally complete the game in less than a minute by strolling into the valley and just deciding to walk out of the other side. The great thing about it is the multitude of paths you can take through the game, there are loads of possibilities depending on the allegiance you take, whether it be with one of the gangs, or with the people of the village, or just out for yourself.

There are mild RPG elements in improving your stats.

One of the most fun parts of the game is the swordplay, which is odd at first, but it's really well done. It's very slow and deliberate, but there are loads of swords and they do different things depending on stance. As I said, it's a bit clunky over all, there is hardly any voice acting, just written dialogue (which I prefer tbh), but it's a real unappreciated gem. Definitely worth a play.

The sequel is great too, but I think you should try the first one beforehand.

After blasting through Fallout 1 and 2 for the umpteenth time I have started re-playing through Fallout 3 again, with all the add-ons this time. Enjoying it a lot more this time around than last time, as having knowledge of how to build a maxed out character and knowing when to stop doing the main quest to pursue everything else makes things easier. It is a blast going through the ruins of D.C. and exploring every nook and cranny, even if they are all samey. Lots of people complained that the developers strayed too far off of the original series but I thought they nailed most of it... even having to carry more stimpacks than you will ever use, having to switching multiple weapons, and weird and quirky NPC quest and conversation bugs! Only thing that really sucks about the game is the actual storyline and occasional plot hole that surfaces (Where do the children from Little Lamplight keep replenishing their kids? I doubt they're having sex and then kicking the parents out before the child can walk and talk on their own.) I'm at level 16 and have played the main storyline up to meeting Dr. Li at Rivet City, and now I'm just gleefully exploring across the ruins and the wastes, and making sure to avoid Vault 112.

I haven't played New Vegas yet but that's next on the list after Fallout 3 and its accompanying DLC. Probably going to be a while before I get to it, but I was told to finish Fallout 3 before playing New Vegas because the latter does everything better!

I love Fallout. one of my favourite game universes ever.

btw which one's the "Gary" vault again in FO3? that one creeped me out.

Vault 108 = Gary's Vault. I found 106 to be the creepiest though.

Vault 106 is the one where everything suddenly turns purple in certain areas and you see hallucinations of Vault 101 dwellers from your past. Then there are the crazy vault dwellers who try to attack you.

I normally don't get that scared from playing video games, but Vault 106 was one of those exceptions. Last time I played FO3 I got too creeped out to venture any deeper than B1 level in 106.

I know it's not a PC glitch either, because it does the same thing on PS3.

Guest Frankie5fingers

Vault 106 is the one where everything suddenly turns purple in certain areas and you see hallucinations of Vault 101 dwellers from your past. Then there are the crazy vault dwellers who try to attack you.

oh man, i hated that. it scared the shit outta me. they had other areas like that too. i forget the name but they had that office building at the South West end of the map where you see flashbacks of the people working and you would read notes about what they did during the bombs dropping. that was probably the scariest place for me in that game.

oh man, i hated that. it scared the shit outta me. they had other areas like that too. i forget the name but they had that office building at the South West end of the map where you see flashbacks of the people working and you would read notes about what they did during the bombs dropping. that was probably the scariest place for me in that game.

That's the Dunwich Building. The Deathclaw Sanctuary is another one of those areas where you gotta tread lightly, for obvious reasons. There's some top notch loot in there though, if you look hard enough.

Guest Frankie5fingers

PanzerCorps

I'd like some hardcore military strategy game and this one fails to deliver. It's just not that ok for me. anyone knows any good stuff?

real time or turn based? or do you not care?

Just played this fantastic mod for Half Life 2 called The Stanley Parable. Basically anything I mention about it are potentially spoilers aside to say it's essentially about choice and narrative. Here's a trailer -

You can get the free download here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-stanley-parable/downloads

(Needs Half Life 2 (though not the additional episodes) and the Source SDKs installed - the latter is in the 'Tools' section of Steam)

After blasting through Fallout 1 and 2 for the umpteenth time I have started re-playing through Fallout 3 again, with all the add-ons this time. Enjoying it a lot more this time around than last time, as having knowledge of how to build a maxed out character and knowing when to stop doing the main quest to pursue everything else makes things easier. It is a blast going through the ruins of D.C. and exploring every nook and cranny, even if they are all samey. Lots of people complained that the developers strayed too far off of the original series but I thought they nailed most of it... even having to carry more stimpacks than you will ever use, having to switching multiple weapons, and weird and quirky NPC quest and conversation bugs! Only thing that really sucks about the game is the actual storyline and occasional plot hole that surfaces (Where do the children from Little Lamplight keep replenishing their kids? I doubt they're having sex and then kicking the parents out before the child can walk and talk on their own.) I'm at level 16 and have played the main storyline up to meeting Dr. Li at Rivet City, and now I'm just gleefully exploring across the ruins and the wastes, and making sure to avoid Vault 112.

I haven't played New Vegas yet but that's next on the list after Fallout 3 and its accompanying DLC. Probably going to be a while before I get to it, but I was told to finish Fallout 3 before playing New Vegas because the latter does everything better!

yeah, new vegas is amazing. there are tons of great mods for it on the nexus. makes it look very pretty if you have a computer that can handle the texture upgrades and what not.

DOTA

I fucking suck

Been playing lots of LOL lately myself.

I'm decent though. Haven't gotten to 30 yet so not playing ranked matches.