IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Ryo looks a bit weird... Seems like he gained a bit of weight while waiting for his next lead role. Just make the fucking shenmue 3 kickstarter already so I can throw my money at a game that will never live up to my expectations. Please.

Guest Pennywise

I don't even remember the Shenmue story. I loved the games when I was younger but I think it's time to let the game die. I want anyone here that wants the 3rd game to say why they want it. I say let the game die

Edited by Pennywise

Guest Enter a new display name

I don't even remember the Shenmue story. I loved the games when I was younger but I think it's time to let the game die. I want anyone here that wants the 3rd game to say why they want it. I say let the game die

I played both games last year and I must say I understand the hype. The hype behind a sequel makes sense. Yu Suzuki even hinted a few times lately about getting the rights to make the next game, and even considers using Kickstarter to fund the project.

Guest jasondonervan

Go home Nintendo, you're drunk:

ftrs_001_imagewa_c1_on_r.jpg

Had to double-take this when I first saw it, but nope - it's real. I realise it's for the kiddy market (no 3D, so safe for little Timmy and Tammy to play the Pokemons) but it just looks like a half-arsed bit of kit you'd find on a market stall in the seedier end of town.

Currently playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist (yes I like triple A action games, fucking sue me).

They've improved the AI a lot. But they've managed to make the controls much worse than Conviction, which sucks. I had a blast play Conviction, but they've changed too many things for my taste.

Edited by Ceerial

Had to double-take this when I first saw it, but nope - it's real. I realise it's for the kiddy market (no 3D, so safe for little Timmy and Tammy to play the Pokemons) but it just looks like a half-arsed bit of kit you'd find on a market stall in the seedier end of town.

Nintendo is behaving like Microsoft.

Microsoft-Windows-Release-Cycle-Sine-Wav

They produce something amazing (Wii, 3DS) and then follow that up with some crap (Wii U, 2DS).

There is probably alot of $$$ to be made by alternately buying and selling Nintendo stocks every time they announce a new device.

Nintendo is behaving like Microsoft.

Microsoft-Windows-Release-Cycle-Sine-Wav

They produce something amazing (Wii, 3DS) and then follow that up with some crap (Wii U, 2DS).

There is probably alot of $$$ to be made by alternately buying and selling Nintendo stocks every time they announce a new device.

A. I think that chart is missing some Windows builds and B. Windows 8 is a great OS. People are just stupid and stubborn.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. It's an optimised, bug fixed Windows 7 with a somewhat dubious Start menu which can be sorted out in less than 5 mins by downloading a replacement version (eg with classic shell) . It's a bloody great os.

I don't get the 2DS hate. I would gladly buy a cheaper version of the 3DS without the 3D, because I would probably only use that for a couple of minutes just to experience the 3D and then turn it off.

Guest jasondonervan

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. It's an optimised, bug fixed Windows 7 with a somewhat dubious Start menu which can be sorted out in less than 5 mins by downloading a replacement version (eg with classic shell) . It's a bloody great os.

tell_me_more.jpg

Guest jasondonervan

I don't get the 2DS hate. I would gladly buy a cheaper version of the 3DS without the 3D, because I would probably only use that for a couple of minutes just to experience the 3D and then turn it off.

They dropped stereo sound for mono. A true IDM console if ever I saw one.

I just finished Beneath a Steel Sky - well worth playing, loved the retro-future-horror feeling and the surreal banter. Some wonderfully creepy bits of imagination in there. Might replay the CD version - I played the floppy version because I disliked the voice acting on the CD when I initially started playing it. Only down side was a small bug that was fixed by one line of code in the console, and the occasional object that was sligggghhhhttly to hard to find.

Might play another point and click next, maybe The Longest Journey?

I loooove my 3d xl, and I play all my games with the 3d on max setting, no problem there. Maybe if you move your hands a lot when you're playing, it's unusable? different strokes for different folks, I guess.

was just watching a guy streaming pre-alpha footage of Star Citizen. Open world space sim. Built on cry3 engine. He just has access to the ship he bought($300) and his hangar. It looks pretty nice. Coming out fall 2014. The gfx detail is redonkulous.

Open world space sim. Built on cry3 engine. He just has access to the ship he bought($300) and his hangar. It looks pretty nice. Coming out fall 2014. The gfx detail is redonkulous.

Absolutely - This is what it looks like for those that haven't seen it yet -

8263.jpg