IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Hades 2 is in early access. very tempted but will probably wait.

• Like 1

Microsoft shut down Tango Gameworks and Arkane Austin, and I'm pretty pissed about it. Finally cancelled my gamepass subscription which I wasn't really using anyway.

• Sad 1

Went back to Hollow Knight, got Steel Soul 100% and the time attack achievements. Now pantheon of hollownest is the only one left. Phew. Need to get more consistent with Pure Vessel, quite demanding in terms of reaction time to me. Never even got to Absolute Radiance yet.

Great game. Silksong pls.

• Like 2

the timing for Pure Vessel is maddeningly difficult. I must've restarted that fight a thousand times.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 6:22 AM, usagi said:

the timing for Pure Vessel is maddeningly difficult. I must've restarted that fight a thousand times.

K, so i'm trying p4 with all bindings now for the last blue health thingy, no charms being the last one left. test of patience. after failing dozens of times i tried p5 just for fun and reached absRad on first try. so that's that i guess. naturally i got defeated pretty fast but now i can at least practice it as a diversion from p4.

this whole dlc easily puts any from title to shame in terms of difficulty imo. still motivated tho. i want that ending + achievement. dammit!

20 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

K, so i'm trying p4 with all bindings now for the last blue health thingy, no charms being the last one left. test of patience. after failing dozens of times i tried p5 just for fun and reached absRad on first try. so that's that i guess. naturally i got defeated pretty fast but now i can at least practice it as a diversion from p4.

this whole dlc easily puts any from title to shame in terms of difficulty imo. still motivated tho. i want that ending + achievement. dammit!

I finished pantheons 1-4 but gave up on the last one, ended up just cheesing it with a no-damage cheat to satisfy my 100% completion itch.

amazing game though. beautiful music that complements the art style hugely.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, usagi said:

I finished pantheons 1-4 but gave up on the last one, ended up just cheesing it with a no-damage cheat to satisfy my 100% completion itch.

amazing game though. beautiful music that complements the art style hugely.

absolutely! hauntingly beautiful, wouldn't be the same without it fo sho.

k, so i finally got p4 without charms yesterday, phew. so back to practicing absRad. got to final phase a couple o times, still not consistent enough to bother going through the rest of p5 again. it seems the best tactic is to play very patiently, concentrate on dodging its crazy barrages of projectiles and only get hits in when opportunity presents itself... those homing balls of energy are a major pain in the ass. also i don't have the pattern behind those insta-beams down yet, regularly dash into the 2nd or 3rd batch.

still, faint light (pun semi-intended) on the horizon...

Got animal well, it's pretty but i can only play a few minutes at a time, there aint much reward for all the getting lost/exploration/backtracking it makes you do.

Also got the anniversary edition of braid, its short, commentary could be interesting to some, says theres new levels but i didnt come across them maybe they're hidden or something?

On 5/9/2024 at 2:11 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Just installed it on my switch. Does it take some progress in the game to see the dlc? Started from scratch and currently besides a short loading sequence it’s nowhere to be seen 

I'm still cranking on The Talos Principle 2, but it's a lot. And the puzzles are kind of samey.

So I also started Bomb Rush Cyberpunk as lighter fare. It's Jet Set Radio inspired. Music is good. It's fun, but definitely retro.

Posted (edited)

Hellblade 2 out soon.

I've been playing Metro Exodus, both the first version and now the enhanced edition. amazing visuals, fun gameplay though a bit on the rails and dialogue heavy at times. kinda cheesy story but it works. a post-apocalyptic stalker/shooter par excellence still. the semi-open world integration works really well in contrast to the previous two games.

Edited by usagi
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, usagi said:

Hellblade 2 out soon.

I've been playing Metro Exodus, both the first version and now the enhanced edition. amazing visuals, fun gameplay though a bit on the rails and dialogue heavy at times. kinda cheesy story but it works. a post-apocalyptic stalker/shooter par excellence still. the semi-open world integration works really well in contrast to the previous two games.

Sam's Story is 10+

I'm loving the darker atmosphere of this DLC so far. They also posted this the other day which is giving me major Bloodborne vibes:

GNzIpoTbIAE6fVL?format=jpg&name=4096x409

HYPE!!!!!! \o/ praise the miyazaki

• Like 4

Interested to see how the gaming ecosystem for Vision Pro develops, and how interactive they will become a few years into development. Star Wars, The Matrix, Tron, Alien, Blade Runner, LOTR, etc. could all make great VR experiences.

16 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Interested to see how the gaming ecosystem for Vision Pro develops, and how interactive they will become a few years into development. Star Wars, The Matrix, Tron, Alien, Blade Runner, LOTR, etc. could all make great VR experiences.

How do you imagine LOTR AR to work? Galadriel dating sim? :w00t:

Finished animal well (not 100%) overall its a chill, enjoyable exploration game. Kinda wanna complete it but doesn't seem worth it (although ive seem claims that the real game starts when you 100% it) i might look at a guide or something next.

• Like 1