IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Squee" data-cid="1925194" data-time="1357042247"><p>Table Tennis was surprisingly good but fucking Jesper, man... ruined the game for me.</p></blockquote>

I just play exhibition matches. The tournaments are impossible because of that Jesper dude... Stupid bullcrap.

Edited by Friendly Foil

Guest Frankie5fingers

been playing Persona 4 Arena now for a couple of days. Persona Fans should definitely get this game if they havent already. its freakin unbelievable. generally i dont like fighting games but this one is so much more than just that. Atlus delivers, as usual, an amazingly powerful, emotional, and humorous story. the only downside, if it could be considered that, is that in story mode each character has about 2 and a half hours of story but only 9 fights, each only lasting about 2-3 mins. so thats a shit load of reading. but like i said earlier, the story is so great that you really dont mind it at all. the fighting itself is wonderful as well. easy to learn but hard to master. something you dont often see in video games.

all in all, a fantastic game. Atlus never seems to disappoint.

Still playing FarCry3... so much ffffffffun! 'Splosions!

Do you feel like the story could have been so much better?

It's got the framework of a great game but the story is full of wasted potential. A really juvenile game masquerading as an adult story.

Also spoilers:

Killing Vaas in a dream sequence is fucking retarded. He was the first interesting bad guy in ages and it's a really vague death.

I'm 98% completion now after hammering the game over the christmas/new year period, but you know what's annoying? I can't get the last relic because it's in the cave where your friends are and if you don't get it before the friends move out of there it blocks the cave off permanently. 119 out of 120. Utter cunt.

Squee you done the co-op missions yet? I want to get those achievements and my flatmate isn't playing Far Cry any more after getting that game that pretends to be a Hitman game.

They patched that relic issue on the PC, not sure if they did on the console. If you finish the game without that relic you should automatically get it.

Edited by Ego

Apparently it passed XBL certification but I'm not sure if the patch has been pushed through yet.

I should find out, but I don't want to be a slave to OCD.

Guest Corvus

I'm currently playing Gravity Rush on the PS Vita and it's pretty cool.

Probably the best game I've played on the Vita yet. :sleep:

Still playing FarCry3... so much ffffffffun! 'Splosions!

Do you feel like the story could have been so much better?

It's got the framework of a great game but the story is full of wasted potential. A really juvenile game masquerading as an adult story.

Also spoilers:

Killing Vaas in a dream sequence is fucking retarded. He was the first interesting bad guy in ages and it's a really vague death.

I'm 98% completion now after hammering the game over the christmas/new year period, but you know what's annoying? I can't get the last relic because it's in the cave where your friends are and if you don't get it before the friends move out of there it blocks the cave off permanently. 119 out of 120. Utter cunt.

Squee you done the co-op missions yet? I want to get those achievements and my flatmate isn't playing Far Cry any more after getting that game that pretends to be a Hitman game.

Killing Vaas half way through the game is one of the worst decisions any game designer has made in a long time. He was the reason why I was interested in the story in the first place. They killed off one of the best and most believable antagonists in a game ever and replaced him with Hoyt who no one had any idea who was. My theory is that they wrote the story, hired the actors, and when they started doing the motion capture and saw the performance the guy playing Vaas delievered they were all biting their nails, thinking, "we fucked up".

And yes, the story was so promising. I thought the game was about doing all kinds of exotic fucked up drugs and having weird visions that would slowly reveal details about the main characters background... but no. I chose Citra over my friends (Hell yeah!) but that just let me to get stabbed after getting her pregnant and that was it. To be honest, it would have been a lot better if they had gone for the "and then he woke up in a mental institution"-ending.

I just completed Far Cry 3 tonight.. And now it's my turn to complain about bad video game endings:

Seriously the stupidest ending I've ever seen. I those the Citra one as well (zOMFG TITS!). I didn't really care much for the story to begin with, but the what the fuck was that...

And yes. Killing Vaas midway through the game was just retarded. One of the best Villains I've ever seen in a video game. And he was the only reason the story missions where actually worth playing.

But at least he opened his eyes right after he 'died'. So he might be back for in a future installment of the franchise. If they learn from their mistakes in this one (story wise), Far Cry 4 could be the best thing ever.

And hopefully the protagonist won't just be some annoying random dudebro next time

But I really enjoyed the open world stuff in this game. I wish there where more bases for me to takeover, now that I've completed it. That part alone is worth playing it for.

Edited by Npoess

I actually love the fact that the main character is a dudebro idiot, because the game is pretty fucking dumb, and it's the characters around the main character (and his stupid friends) that are worth something.

still on Dark Souls...Bed of Chaos is a huge B****.

Anyone play Assassin's Creed III? Thoughts? If I loved II and Brotherhood, Im prolly gonna like this one, yes? I just need one more game to enjoy before work starts again..

I actually love the fact that the main character is a dudebro idiot, because the game is pretty fucking dumb, and it's the characters around the main character (and his stupid friends) that are worth something.

lol...reminds me of people talking about the main guy in FFXIII....ive never played it, but apparently he's the most idiotic character in fiction history.

still on Dark Souls...Bed of Chaos is a huge B****.

Anyone play Assassin's Creed III? Thoughts? If I loved II and Brotherhood, Im prolly gonna like this one, yes? I just need one more game to enjoy before work starts again..

lol...reminds me of people talking about the main guy in FFXIII....ive never played it, but apparently he's the most idiotic character in fiction history.

ACIII is supposed to be more of the same (surprise!) which might sound like a good thing but I haven't heard anyone scream out loud about wonderful it is. My friend, who is a big fan of the series, borrowed my copy just as I received it, and he says it's good - and that's about it. He didn't sound super psyched about it, but I still can't wait to play it.

Aren't all the characters in the the FF games retarded?

I was getting sick of Assassins Creed (like everyone else) after Revelations. But I really enjoyed AC3, one of my favorites games this year. I especially loved the setting of the game.

A lot of people are complaining about the intro of the game, because it's too slow. I don't agree with that at all, the intro was fucking awesome.

It's more of the same, yes. but I thought it was just as fun as AC2.

But it is another game that suffers from having a bad protagonist. He just has absolutely no personality.

Edited by Npoess

Nah man, FFVII, VIII and even IX had some really well written characters.

X had retarded characters in a good story, everything since has been unmitigated SHIT.

X had retarded characters in a good story, everything since has been unmitigated SHIT.

Wait... Final Fantasy is retarded.

Wait... Final Fantasy is retarded.

i dunno, even in FFX Auron was a pretty awesome character/story arc. Tidus was ridiculously stupid though.

Final fantasy is all about the music. Love the fucking music

True. FF's have best consistent music of all time. FACT.

Also, one of the most overlooked aspects of FFX is how many gorgeous almost IDM ambient stuff is in the soundtrack.

[youtubehd]892CDC1TnMI[/youtubehd]

this one reminds me a LOT of Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross music:

[youtubehd]nrYpOPLh3dc[/youtubehd]

Edited by Smettingham Rutherford IV

Guest Pennywise

This one reminds me a lot of Air for some reason

[youtubehd]jRinM3g6tdQ[/youtubehd]

Edited by Pennywise

Started Fez recently. Great fucking music in that game.

The environments are kind of hard to keep track of though.

bought a couple more gog games, and started playing Might and Magic VII. that game is pretty sweet once you adjust to the gameplay

edit: ha ha ha I just realized it's from 1999. funny to think that this came out after half-life

XZhiC.png

Edited by ganus