IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse
LoL, I dunno what you suspect is off about it Frankie5fingers, everything about Hawken makes me jizz in my pants. Since the first announcement trailer I was like: yes, this is the game I need. It plays and looks in real time better than I hoped for when I began dreaming of it's greatness back when it was mostly just a dream. Hawken is a boner endless pipe dream cream scheme.

i dont know either! lol. thats what i dont get. maybe its just the fact that its an MMO that i dont like. im just not a MMO kinda guy. all of my MMO experiences have been rather disappointing. but like i said, im definitely gonna try it cause i need a new mech game.

I have no idea, at all, where you could have got an impression that it's an MMO. LOL that you worded it as "the fact that its an MMO". Hawken: it's definitely not an MMO, but it does make my penis massive.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I was thinkin bout going to play the new build of Mechwarrior Online, I think I'm just gonna play some more Hawken, but anyway, made me think that, the only way I could see you thinkin Hawken was an MMO is if you had it confused for MWO (Mechwarrior Online) which also isn't an MMO despite what the title might suggest.

Sledgehammer was the guys behind Modern Warfare 3, not the MOH games. I think that studio is called Danger Close or something. Not sure.

That's right - still a shit studio though.

Guest Frankie5fingers
LoL, I dunno what you suspect is off about it Frankie5fingers, everything about Hawken makes me jizz in my pants. Since the first announcement trailer I was like: yes, this is the game I need. It plays and looks in real time better than I hoped for when I began dreaming of it's greatness back when it was mostly just a dream. Hawken is a boner endless pipe dream cream scheme.

i dont know either! lol. thats what i dont get. maybe its just the fact that its an MMO that i dont like. im just not a MMO kinda guy. all of my MMO experiences have been rather disappointing. but like i said, im definitely gonna try it cause i need a new mech game.

I have no idea, at all, where you could have got an impression that it's an MMO. LOL that you worded it as "the fact that its an MMO". Hawken: it's definitely not an MMO, but it does make my penis massive.

wait, its not? i must've read something wrong somewhere down the line. well then i think ive got a chubby now.

FarCry 3 for PS3 is sold out everywhere in this damn city. I checked every single store that sells games. Looks like I'll be borrowing it from a friend, who owns it but isn't currently playing it, until I can grab my own copy. I wish this city had an EBGames.

hmmmm... perhaps this post would be better in the first world problems thread...

Guest Frankie5fingers
anyone here do any handheld gaming besides smartphones/tablets?

i have a couple games on the DS. but honestly i havent played that thing in ages.

Edited by Frankie5fingers

I dissed the 3DS XL when it came out, but I received one as a gift and it's an amazing system. They fixed almost all the probs w the original model, the bigger screen looks beautiful, and the eShop is finally coming along. You can find more than enough $10-15 games to fill it up without bowing to Nintendo and their $40 portable game bullshit. System exterior looks cool, feels great in your hands and actually has a good battery life. After almost a decade of playing DS, the graphics upgrade is a really welcome one. Great Xmas idea if you want a portable gaming fix on a dedicated system.

Guest bitroast

Agreement on the 3ds xl being amazing. Doesn't really have the wealth of unique amazing games the DS had, but I think it's coming along slowly (the launch of the original 3ds was just down right depressing..).

And as for hardware and actual system of the 3ds xl, ... yes! it really is an amazing piece of technology.

i have a couple games on the DS. but honestly i havent played that thing in ages.

lol same here. Two years ago I sold like ten DS games because I hardly ever played them. The only reason I use my DS anymore is as a Japanese-English dictionary, because I have a "game" that enables it to be used for that purpose. In fact, I used it every day in university classrooms when I lived in Japan.

Korg DS-10 is also pretty good for making music on the fly. Might not be as sophisticated as programs for the PC, but it's a good handheld platform for laying down beats during a ride on the train or bus.

I love Christmas time, it gives me seat time for iRacing.com (still the #1 racing sim on the market, now going into it's 5th year, with more people on the service than ever!) :) :)

Edited by Philip Glass

Guest Mirezzi

I'm finally, 5 years after first attempting to play it on the shitty Xbox 360, playing Bioshock on the PC and damn, what a very fun game.

It's an excellent combination of difficult but not tedious gameplay and incredible atmosphere/art.

Does Bioshock 2 stand up to the original?

I'm finally, 5 years after first attempting to play it on the shitty Xbox 360, playing Bioshock on the PC and damn, what a very fun game.

It's an excellent combination of difficult but not tedious gameplay and incredible atmosphere/art.

Does Bioshock 2 stand up to the original?

Yeah, Bioshock is fun. Bioshock 2 is essentially the same as the first, except you play as an early Big Daddy prototype and is set eight years after the first game. Honestly there's very little difference in gameplay.

Only two more months until the next Bioshock game, BTW!

Bioshock 2 is no where near being as good as the original.

I personally did not enjoy it at all. It just don't have the same atmosphere. And even though the gameplay is very similar to the original, it's still inferior. It's hard for me to really explain why, but I was so bored with Bioshock 2 compared to the original.

I completed both games for the first time within the same month. So it's not just because I remember it wrong.

Edited by Npoess

Save your money for Infinite.

I've had almost the entire intro of the game spoiled for me in gaming podcasts (which I really regret). But what I've heard about it sounds incredible. It's going to touch on some subjects, no other games has ever been near.... like racism and religion.

And don't get me wrong, I don't think it's cool there's going to be racism in the game. It's cool that it's going to be a theme in the game, and that they're going to actually going to address it (mostly because of the time period). Most developers are scared of that sort stuff, just look at Assassins Creed III. Even though it was set in colonial America, slavery was hardly mentioned.

Edited by Npoess

About BioShock 2... I thought it was better gameplay-wise. BioShock got very repetitive and what kept me going was the story and atmosphere (that music!!). It was definitely not the pipeline hacking game that kept me on the edge of the seat. The story in 2 is not as interesting as the original though. The first one was pretty mindblowing when it came to story telling, because it almost seemed like an easy way out to make the second game revolve around altruism since the first game was all about objectivism. But I loved being a big daddy - way more than I thought I would.

Has anyone played the DLC called Minerva's Den? I've heard it's fucking mindblowing but have yet to try it. Maybe I should play it over the holidays?

True. There's not really an excuse for its existence except for MONEY, but I thought it was pretty good for what it was. BioShock Infinite will hopefully live up to the hype. Man, the opening scene is fucking lush...

Graphically yeah it looks amazing.

But the gunplay... nah man... the gunplay from what I've seen so far lacks any punch. Definitely going to have to play it before I buy.

Bioshock was extremely captivating in regards to its atmosphere and unique presentation. If they can reignite that in Infinite, we can all expect to get our monies worth. .