IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest pixelives

already pixelives AND 'chre, you fuckin asked for it

Was3808113.jpg

the fatwa on you guys have already reached $500,000 bounty, the longer you don't leak it the higher that amount goes. just sayin

sorry Gl0tch, couldn't wait for your part of the bargain so i kick started it myself

crybaby-muhammad0.jpg

LOL

Fuck Timothy Scarcetti

Fuck Thomas Carcetti

Hey... Tim is awesome and is super talented..

pixelives, I have an intelligent question, which you've probably already answered once, but:

Does Exai have any tracks with pretty melodies? Oversteps had a lot (pretty much on every single track), and so did Quaristice (the ambient tracks, Simmm etc.). Do they completely throw that out the window on this one, or does it still have a few melodic tracks?

Guest pixelives

Thats true ! Dont be so rude just because he got the promo !

and the reason he got it is because he does loads and load of great work for Warp. So....

Guest Araungzeb

No love for ep7. Maybe I'm biased because it was the first Autechre disc I bought, but I feel like it had the most personality and struck a great balance between their earlier, catchier sound and their more recent colder, more abstract sound. That and the progression from Chiastic Slide -> Cichlisuite -> LP5 -> Ep7 was quite magical.

Same here, I know that objectively it isn't in the top tier of Autechre albums but it's always been one of my top 5 (probably because it was my first). I've heard very few songs written by anyone as emotional as pir, and the general style & sound they were working with is probably the coolest out of any they've done.

Guest pixelives

pixelives, I have an intelligent question, which you've probably already answered once, but:

Does Exai have any tracks with pretty melodies?

ummm, that's not really an intelligent question.

The answer is yes. But not to the extent that Oversteps was pretty.

Yes it is

Thanks for the answer pixel.

Guest Retosik

Does that mean that it's not jammy like untitled or quaristice?

Yay.

Yay.

Fuckin'nah Untilted fuckin'nah jammy? 'fuck you talkin'nah about-tah? Do you know 'chre?

Guest Retosik

Yay.

Fuckin'nah Untilted fuckin'nah jammy? 'fuck you talkin'nah about-tah? Do you know 'chre?

Yes, it has very little actual melody and feels like made live.

I want something that i can hum, like Acroyear2 :3

Edited by Retosik

I guess rhythmic=jammy to your ears? Untilted feels methodically constructed and totally progressive rather than improvised. Gotta feel those beats man. And I'm ready for more of it.

Yay.

Yes, it has very little actual melody and feels like made live.

I want something that i can hum, like Acroyear2 :3

Did ya not hear our boys 'chre sayin' that fuckin'nah Quaristice was like the total methodicool opposite to Untilted-duh which was like 100 percent pre-programmed stuff, negro. Sort ya shit, common

Yes it is

Thanks for the answer pixel.

I wanted to ask that question but was worried I'd look stupid.

Based on what pixelives has said, it sounds like a very dark album overall...

How bout a review of "bladelores" ?

braunld (Lowell N. Behold'n), Sunday, 27 January 2013 05:18 (17 hours ago) Permalink

Like the funky drummer break slowed down about 10 times until it's just this humungous unrelenting thwack echoing into a bottomless chasm. Dirty, gritty little acid squiggles weave around the beat and after a while these great plumes of almost trancey/housey chords start breaking through like the sun coming up on a sodden morning. It's actually a really beautiful piece of music in the same way that Cichli or Garbagemx36 start out quite ugly and malformed but slowly form into a cohesive something or other. Of course as soon as you think everything's going to go full on chorale bliss, Ae pull it all back under and it's back into the boggy marsh, before repeating the whole trick again except this time we're treated to an extended outro of washy church-like organ chords.

besides Sunny Real Estate (dog latin), Sunday, 27 January 2013 13:18 (9 hours ago) Permalink

(from ilxor)

Edited by barbara planar