IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Earlier I said I was gonna wait until the release to hear any of Exai. But the temptation won.

I listened to the samples provided at the Norman Records site, and I gotta say DAMN. I already like this more than Oversteps. Irlite (get 0) and prac-f especially give me a brain boner.

This be next level shit. Screw everything else this year.

Thank you Norman for the clips!

This sounds like Autechre has reinvented popmusic from the year 3000. Autechre with actual hooks! There's hooks right there at the surface upon first listening. F-ing unheard of! And there's still plenty of the abrassive fuckery as well. I think I just creamed my pants!

<3<3<3<3<3<3

first thing I thought after hearing this was the prospect of having one if not many of these songs ravel/unravel as it goes, ala garbagemx36. also, as wonderfully spoken on an earlier post in this thread, how ae continues to paint a story as a song continues by starting disjointed and finding an order in the chaos.

Those are some good 30 second clips. Sean, pls.

.... Not gonna listen to poor quality clips.... Waiting for

"the drop"

Damn. I almost clicked on those sound clips but I didn't - had to fight the urge. To me it would be like a Christmas present with a small peep hole cut into the side of the packaging.

I should just wait til it's released. To me it's more EXAIting without spoilers.

not listening to these yet! not sure if i'm gonna. i'm torn....

:closedeyes: wise decision

Alright, I'll count these samples as having listened. Post number 1337 in the Ae subforum, woot.

These little snippets certainly confirm everything that people have said about the album so far. And it looks like the whiners should get their precious leak before too long with the way things seem to be going.

Maybe YJY U(ni)X was coded in jatevee C, and vekOS is an operating system based on YJY UX.

And from the way Flep sounds, I sure hope at least one of y'all, maybe Salvatorin, makes a video with psychedelic dolphins in it. I'm thinking I might find some time lapse footage of flowers growing and edit it to Fleure.

Oh and encey or Asersinsky, some kinda swordfighting/fencing/LARPing video for bladelores, maybe?

Edited by vproc

samples=rapture

Am I the only one who thinks that prac-f is hands down the best sounding clip in that short sample list?

nope, judging just from those 30 secs it's my fav, too. it's got them parhelic "munchy" beats... yum!

overall terms like eclectic, upfront and "lush" spring to mind. BRING IT!

Can we make this a Jonathan Frakes reaction image thread for a few pages?

[spoilers]

frakes.jpg

Edited by vproc

the clips remind me of a lot of their previous work...hear a lot of draft, until, oversteps (reverbsssssss), lp5, ep7........even Confield...but it is like...2.0, or something. Great clips. Can't wait any longer for the total album

no comparison between the notwo was even made, JR just mentioned having a greater liking for BoC over ae. it's not like he was saying outright that BoC was more prolific than ae, or anything, gnomean?

btw JR's sense of humor and pun on the internet is goddomn atrocious

...wtf, i can't type below the quote box

can we ban JR from the Ae subforum? my tits are still in a knot over the notion that someone thinks BoC are better than Ae

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist