IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest the anonymous forumite

so it seems one should avoid dling the 24bit version because of possible glitches ? I'm at work, can't dl yet.

You greedy fuckers trying to get three formats simultaneously. Just pick one for now and let the rest of us at least get the mp3s before you clog the tubes up with 2GB transfers. I'm skipping class to come home and hear this so it better download.

Disc 2 > Disc 1.

There, I said it.

By miles. It's incredible. On it's own it would have been more than satisfying as an album.

Guest RandySicko

autecherian non-melody that your brain struggles to recognize in the sounds

Was trying to figure out how to describe that

Edited by RandySicko

Audio cuts out at :48s into bladelores for a split second.

Happens on the promo too. Could be part of the track I guess but it does feel a bit odd.

That is on mine as well

Disc 2 > Disc 1.

There, I said it.

By miles. It's incredible. On it's own it would have been more than satisfying as an album.

Yeah Obel... I was totally thinking the same thing. This whole thing is the gift that keeps on giving.

deco Loc.

Straight G.

I thought Disc 1 was a bit too aggressive on the high end, but Disc 2 certainly feels right.

I wonder if one was written at a different time period all together. I really hope they give some sort of interview about this album.

Guest pixelives

Compositionally, this is one of their most dense albums. Drum programming wise, it's not. <---- not a bad thing necessarily though

That's one of the reasons I think it's a lot of hardware and not algorithmic beat variation. I don't care about that, As long as they're dope and they are.

Compositionally, this is one of their most dense albums. Drum programming wise, it's not. <---- not a bad thing necessarily though

That's one of the reasons I think it's a lot of hardware and not algorithmic beat variation. I don't care about that, As long as they're dope and they are.

I agree with this statement. I do like some algorithmic drum programming though. I'm really dying to hear what Awepittance thinks of this.

As I enter track 17, I can honestly say I don't hear how some people can say this is like LP5.

It sounds like Draft level abstraction with Quaristice hardware. It has the thicker elements of Untilted's thickest songs and the brightest elements of Oversteps songs.

LP5 always struck me as melodic and algorithmically programmed. This is the furthest thing from that.

Edited by gl0tch