IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

lol, the bass at the end of jatevee C is making my windows/door/everything in my apartment rattle

edit: holy shit t ess xi!

Edited by modey

album sounds better on vinyl than on CD i think. At least compared to albums like Untilted, Draft 7.30 and Confield which all sound better suited for cd or digital

yeah. I still love Draft and Confield on vinyl though. Parhelic Triangle is just so beautfully organic that it needs vinyl, imo.

Guest bitroast

album sounds better on vinyl than on CD i think. At least compared to albums like Untilted, Draft 7.30 and Confield which all sound better suited for cd or digital

i need to re-listen to Oversteps again on vinyl. i remember thinking it was pretty similar to the cd, but again, i definitely need to listen to it some more. (i may have just been bothered and annoyed after dealing with all the excessive layers of tightly packed fiddly packaging with the box and sleeve and record sleeve.)

Edited by pigster

i thought Oversteps and Move of Ten worked better on the vinyl format. Something about the sound palette on both albums. While confield and Draft and Untilted all sound good on vinyl too, the crispy digital glitchy high end is mostly missing, especially on Draft. It makes the album sound significantly different, which can be good depending on your mood.

wow, the vproc breakdown in Flep on vinyl sounds completely different to the digital version. More.. muffled? Maybe just more bassy.

Guest bitroast

i need more autechre on vinyl*n*

oh my. the reverb is in nodezsh is so swirly. werl-a-werl-a-werl-a-werl,

wow, the vproc breakdown in Flep on vinyl sounds completely different to the digital version. More.. muffled? Maybe just more bassy.

lol.

*turns on lowpass filter, turns up volume, listens harder*

Edited by Guest

This really is a fantastic album. I'm enjoying other tracks more now that weren't hitting the spot before. I've alway really liked deco Loc (while understanding why it's not so popular in general), but now it does my head in even more wonderfully. 'Recks on' is way more creative than I thought it was, what with all those nasty, ill-sounding, disintegrating synth parts. My favourites are still the first three tracks, though, with Prac-f being a constant source of amazement. Prac-f really is incredible. There aren't really any 'bad' tracks on here. But it is a more accessible, varied, and more overty musical release than anything they've done in a long while. I've read lots of reviews claiming the opposite - that it is 'noise' that barely changes, that it makes for an exhausting two hours, that it is difficult, etc. I'm not really sure what these folk are after or what they are listening to, but I suppose they have to say something.

vinyl listening session for me this weekend, the missus is away and im setting up on the kitchen table near the fridge :-) will probably record a few dj mixes while im at it.

Most of my exai plays thus far have been in my car, which can handle the sounds ok but there is a tremendous difference when listening from my main stereo or headphones, more so than for most albums i can think of at present. How do they do dat? Awesome.

Loving Exai!! I've been listening to it onthe way to work and Since tuesday I've been listening to the radio broadcast when i get home and cutting out tracks I really like. the only problem is that I didnt mark where i cut the tracks from, so I cant match them with the google doc! its all good though.

One Question:

Where does CD1 end and CD2 begin?

lol.

*turns on lowpass filter, turns up volume, listens harder*

Yeah I know it sounds weird. Not so much a lowpass filter but just sounds different. Maybe I've just become accustomed to hearing Exai on my Sennheiser canalphones and that part stood out as being more 'smooth' sounding on the vinyl version. Though I could be just remembering v-proc itself, which is crunchy as fuck.

it's all good, would love to have the vinyls for the fact that the album is then divided into 8 distinct chunks you can actually have physical contact with, also for the packaging etc., but don't own a turntable so...

Guest theSun

This really is a fantastic album. I'm enjoying other tracks more now that weren't hitting the spot before. I've alway really liked deco Loc (while understanding why it's not so popular in general), but now it does my head in even more wonderfully. 'Recks on' is way more creative than I thought it was, what with all those nasty, ill-sounding, disintegrating synth parts. My favourites are still the first three tracks, though, with Prac-f being a constant source of amazement. Prac-f really is incredible. There aren't really any 'bad' tracks on here. But it is a more accessible, varied, and more overty musical release than anything they've done in a long while. I've read lots of reviews claiming the opposite - that it is 'noise' that barely changes, that it makes for an exhausting two hours, that it is difficult, etc. I'm not really sure what these folk are after or what they are listening to, but I suppose they have to say something.

i think there are a few bad tracks, but i agree that it is more accessible than anything since lp5 and more varied than anything since confield

my vinylpack came today finally!

over the recent weeks I found I like these tracks the best:

irlite (get 0)

T ess xi

vekoS

bladelores

spl9

cloudline

recks on

YJY UX

18 (keyosc)

it really is a great album, and just like with quaristice & the quadrange eps, with more material, there's a lot more to actually enjoy and get into... (quaristice is the album I like the least, but with my special selection of what I actually like, with quadrange eps tracks also being brought into the selection - it is by far my most played ae-album & ep ever! it feels a bit funny... :wacko: )

bladelores, spl9, YJY UX, and keyosc - WOW!

it's all good, would love to have the vinyls for the fact that the album is then divided into 8 distinct chunks you can actually have physical contact with, also for the packaging etc., but don't own a turntable so...

Yes, i really like it for that!

Better buy the vinyl now before it's out-of-stock on this planet...God knows when and if we're gonna have repress of it. I'm waiting for vinyl reissues of their other albums for ages and nothing :( ...only have Overmoves and Exai.

Maybe in the near future you'll buy a turntable if not you can always sell the vinyl for more than you payed for it.

p.s. Why there's no reissues?! No enough demand?

Edited by xox

I'm pretty sure they did a second run of Oversteps to meet demand. I remember them being out of stock for a while on Bleep and then all of sudden back in stock.

I'm pretty sure they did a second run of Oversteps to meet demand. I remember them being out of stock for a while on Bleep and then all of sudden back in stock.

So that was while the album was still fresh/actual. What i need is Con-Draft-Unt-Quari vinyls. Yes, i could find them on the net but used and for several millions of money. I want them perfectly fresh, still with toxic off-gasing. :music: