IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

Guest Lucy Faringold

Cool, what about from before the 20th century? I'm never getting over Rembrandt as long as I live...

lol, he is like my favourite too but i didn't think to mention him. Dude was an alchemist. Also Durer, Velasquez, El Greco - they got shit done. Looking at Rubens/Michaelangelo/Leonardo drawings is a must too, obvs. :-)

I'm currently finishing a painting I've been working on over half a year now, that's kind of a Rembrandtesque portrait. I'll post the photo here as soon as I have finished it.

Guest Lucy Faringold

I'm currently finishing a painting I've been working on over half a year now, that's kind of a Rembrandtesque portrait. I'll post the photo here as soon as I have finished it.

Awesome, I look forward to seeing it!

Awesome, I look forward to seeing it!

me too

I can't wait to finish it as well. It started in July and I've spent more than 100 hours on it easy. It's been a love/hate relationship this, and a tough one too. Please don't expect results adequate to my effort statement I just wrote here.

re-Gen

Picture103_zps22360f61.png

I've always liked the bridge of the nose and temple and I get a lot of satisfaction from looking at the line work of those elements of the face in this work, well done. Drawing facial lines and getting lost in miniscule detail you'd never see replicated in a photograph are also pleasurable.

Guest Lucy Faringold

Hey thnx. That pic was kind of a depressing slog to get through so tonight I've been messing with some doodles by colour-correcting the shit out of them.

Pictureh98_zpsbbb65472.png

Damn! I love moss & ferns. They don't exactly rule the environment in arid-ass Texas, though, unless it's an exceptionally wet winter (this one hasn't been).

edit: Is that watercress at the bottom-left by the stream? Yum!

Edited by bronchuseven

fNO0f4y.jpg

it needs sound

trust me, I'm working on it.

also, open invitation: any wattmer that comes to Olympia, WA, will get a free rainforest tour

also, open invitation: any wattmer that comes to Olympia, WA, will get a free rainforest tour

My Grandma volunteers at Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge... was able to check it out over summer... grabbed this shot:

8198353694_b254bed411_c.jpg

GF670_TX400_077 by akagoffer, on Flickr