IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

Great work Lala!

Thanks! love yours btw :)

they have been such a pita, £4,000 spent total so far and sold a couple. £150 each is a lot of money but thats the price i have to sell them.

some of the exhibition pieces:

zx0ksw.jpg14ju9zb.jpg5l9gk8.jpg2my3wjd.jpgqrag78.jpg6t0fnm.jpg20zz781.jpg

This last one was a £600 failure. When light passes through acrylic (or glass) you get a few things. reflection, refraction (twice, once when entering and once exiting), and de-saturation. without knowing this, I made this beauty with 6 layers for maximum 3D-ness. unfortunately, the 12 reflections and refractions and total de-saturation ended up with the black background being a silver mirror, with 11 separate refractive angles. so its a bit like when you look in a mirror facing a mirror, with epic fail of contrast.

you can get non-reflective glass. but its what they make glasses out of and i think i got quoted something ridiculous. a thousand quid per square foot? this is what, 24x48" or something? and that times 6? a beeet out of my price range. Art rules

and this is not even counting the epic fails of some printing companies even though i spell things out exactly how i want them done - you have to make in bulk, else £££, and then they turn up and they havent printed them correctly CMYKW is a bit of a new thing for some printers. you have to make a white layer and they mess it up (white layer has to be smaller than you need because it spreads, its not used so much for high-precision art.) the list of fails goes on.

but they are here now and look fab if i do say so myself. really happy with them

Edited by lala

• 2 weeks later...

your artwork looks good on my phone always pattern. Stepping up with this one. I'd love to see your paintings or whatever you do that you don't show us, or is this more of an hobby now, sketchenating when you fit it in.

your artwork looks good on my phone always pattern. Stepping up with this one. I'd love to see your paintings or whatever you do that you don't show us, or is this more of an hobby now, sketchenating when you fit it in.

I'll post some of my more finished stuff at some point.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

so good. looks straight out of Dark Souls.

Amazing chest ahead.

Try holding with both hands.

faaark. stupid post is page breaker??? :facepalm:

lol just saw this

try tongue but hole

• 3 weeks later...

op rum and watching well listening to endgame cause my head is down looking at the coffee table.

dleetr-2015-08-04_-_d.dror01.JPG

lol then it sort of got to me when they were talking about the texas toll roads.

dleetr-2015-08-04_-_d.dror02-ks-mwk-noe-tue-eliet.JPG

delet - Didn't know you draw! Cool, man.

patternoverlap - Have you ever tried conte crayon? Your style suits the medium. For me conte crayon used to be the shit, man- it's hard to believe that someone can love a medium so much... Colored pencil also suits your style- that being, drawing on lightly toned paper, using the blue for underlying stuffs, working out mids in something like burnt umber, then working out darks in 9B, highlights in white.

Edited by peace 7

are you still drawing peace ... i need to see that shit, like you used ta do. I know that you're busy though and doing like real professional stuff now so don't postenaet it's all good, but i miss your abstract peoplescapes.

also yeah, i draw all the time with pen, cause if you fuck it up, well that means you suck, so yeah i draw just not very well or with any purpose in mind. sometimes though i use pencil, being able to rub stuff out and improve a picture is amazing. didn't bother with drunkoe kashee drawing though, he doesn't need to be coolafied. char from my long running comic strip ...

patternoverlap - Have you ever tried conte crayon? Your style suits the medium. For me conte crayon used to be the shit, man- it's hard to believe that someone can love a medium so much... Colored pencil also suits your style- that being, drawing on lightly toned paper, using the blue for underlying stuffs, working out mids in something like burnt umber, then working out darks in 9B, highlights in white.

I've done stuff like this before. It's fun. Most of the time it's larger stuff so hard to get good pics/scans. I'll try to dig up my pastels/conte crayons and do some smaller ones.

Started doodling again a bit, it's been years and years.. Some kind of character concepts for a post apocalyptic story.

mUivxfk.jpg

Xs38WpD.jpg

bLwGxeu.jpg

zF83wnT.jpg

TbT94ST.jpg

5cBySjO.jpg

JZSesUC.jpg

pHOL66uh.jpg

Y3UBs14h.jpg

dxLNr9kh.jpg

eMUNUYah.jpg

FDl0at2h.jpg

yI4QyIbh.jpg

FMBA6c5h.jpg

are you still drawing peace ... i need to see that shit, like you used ta do. I know that you're busy though and doing like real professional stuff now so don't postenaet it's all good, but i miss your abstract peoplescapes.

One day, one day... I haven't been on my art game in like 10 years, haha... Shitty artists have become good in that time!