IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

Seriously though, that put me in a bad mood. He actually put that out on a release too.

I think I'm burned out now. I'm going to just enjoy non-ironic, unintentional proto-vaporwave for now.

I have Mark Isham and other Windam Hill releases on cassette, including this one:

http://youtu.be/C7ZgTO6jlx0

Edited by joshuatx

Guest jasondonervan

Seriously though, that put me in a bad mood. He actually put that out on a release too.

I think I'm burned out now. I'm going to just enjoy non-ironic, unintentional proto-vaporwave for now.

I have Mark Isham and other Windam Hill releases on cassette, including this one:

http://youtu.be/C7ZgTO6jlx0

I'll happily ride alongside you on those unintentional proto-vaporwaves. Surf's up:

http://youtu.be/8-U88CGc-U0

my first vaporwave track as my moniker, "Donovan Hikaru Presents..."

Donovan Hikaru: Moving Forward In The Company

This is amazing, that slideshow is perfection. This has the same vibe as Ferraro's Far Side Virtual which was also MIDI and not sample/pluderphonics based.

Another thrift store find (just gonna post those from here on)

Also, is there another forum or messageboard discussing vaporwave, at least beyond any labels/artists actually involved? I still feel a bit lost on what is and isn't vaporwave at this point. It's either something you're knee-deep in or barely aware of, and I'm like somewhere in the netherworld between that.

my first vaporwave track as my moniker, "Donovan Hikaru Presents..."

Donovan Hikaru: Moving Forward In The Company

This is amazing, that slideshow is perfection. This has the same vibe as Ferraro's Far Side Virtual which was also MIDI and not sample/pluderphonics based.

Thanks man, glad you dig (: It was fun to make. Been working on some more ideas too.. possibly a whole EP with a corporate stock music theme once i have time haha.. started working on something last night called "Business Plaza Rock", it's kinda new jack swingy lol.. that Far Side Virtual album was awesome.

ill post more vids once I make more stuff.. i wasn't sure if i should post in the EKT or in here, but i figured it called for being in this thread. excited to hear anyone else experiment with some vwave type stuff too.

Edited by Lane Visitor

let me just state for the record, that in theory i think the way people have idealized this genre, the template described eloquently by some in this thread lends itself to some very cool possibilities. I think Lane Visitor, Salvitorin, Spore and a few other watmmers could make a watmm vaporware compilation that would actually kick a lot of this music's ass in a serious way. I'm obviously not the right person to do it because of my haterdom but someone should start an open submission vaporwave comp on watmm.

that's a pretty awesome idea.

first we gotta come up with a swanky cool name of the comp.. "Washington Mutual?" or WaMu... "We Are The Movers and Shakers" (lol)... "Polygon Shopping Mall"?... "Joyrex Holdings?" "Joyrex Industries Incorporated?"

im sorta half way joking btw, but it could be fun to come with some kind of cover art or something just for kicks

Edited by Lane Visitor

let me just state for the record, that in theory i think the way people have idealized this genre, the template described eloquently by some in this thread lends itself to some very cool possibilities. I think Lane Visitor, Salvitorin, Spore and a few other watmmers could make a watmm vaporware compilation that would actually kick a lot of this music's ass in a serious way. I'm obviously not the right person to do it because of my haterdom but someone should start an open submission vaporwave comp on watmm.

first we gotta come up with a swanky cool name of the comp.. "Washington Mutual?" or WaMu... "We Are The Movers and Shakers" (lol)... "Polygon Shopping Mall"?... "Joyrex Holdings?" "Joyrex Industries Incorporated?"

im sorta half way joking btw, but it could be fun to come with some kind of cover art or something just for kicks

I can dub 25-50 cassettes to sell if we setup a bandcamp page.

No joke, I have a plethora of cases and C90 tapes and I'm planning to order C60s anyway soon. I have never participated in EKT comp, just listened to them, but this one is very appealing to me.

lolissimo @ borrowwave, although to be fair the Three Crosses Bropor Edit is better than the original track, if only it was billed as "bropor edit" and not a new track.

I've got that Isham album on vinyl, second hand vinyl is sort of expensive around here but they were selling that one for 3 euros, neat stuff. There's one track that sounds a lot like some other track from Tortoise's TNT.

some tasty ident action

Edited by poblequadrat

I can dub 25-50 cassettes to sell if we setup a bandcamp page.

No joke, I have a plethora of cases and C90 tapes and I'm planning to order C60s anyway soon. I have never participated in EKT comp, just listened to them, but this one is very appealing to me.

Nice! I'm down if ya'll are.

Because of some old post ITT I've been listening to Satomi Taniyama - Portopia and The Psychic Stewardess - Spiritual Foundation. I like them both a lot, especially Spiritual Foundation. I'm open for suggestions.

some tasty ident action

Noice

Because of some old post ITT I've been listening to Satomi Taniyama - Portopia and The Psychic Stewardess - Spiritual Foundation. I like them both a lot, especially Spiritual Foundation. I'm open for suggestions.

Whoa, Danny Wolfers made those!? I constantly recognizing how truly lush his discography is. I'm shocked those haven't received more attention, lot of underground and tape artists are making similar stuff now.

Vaporwave: THE MOVIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijGRkGEPL9o

Have me some Shadowfax on Tape.

We should start a new thread if we are going to post solely 80's/early 90's new age/midi/jazzbient

That autoreply email from doldrumcorp@null.net from the Blank Banshee Eco Zones video is fantastic. Makes the video way cooler.

I know. It's great. Reminds me of The Host.

Edited by sheatheman