whats your favorite boc drum track?

gritbox

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beyond ones already mentioned (gyroscope, dayvan):

Chinook

Happy Cycling

As with Beck remix I also like the drums they used on the cLOUDDEAD remix - they have a real talent for flipping songs so much in tempo and groove to the point where the remix sounds superior.

you could feel the sky, gyroscope, turquoise hex sun, and probably mostly spiro because it goes really awesome with the rest of the song

and seeya later's is catchy as hell too

Ones that I like that haven't been mentioned yet:

Nlogax

Oirectine

The Beach at Redpoint

An Eagle Inside Your Mind

Triangles and Rhombuses

Smokes Quantity (pretty similar to Seeya Later, really)

Sixtyten, Telephasic Workshop, Turquoise Hexagon Sun, and Chinook are great too.

that live track that everyone loves that I'm too lazy to find the number of...#7? The long one with the vocoder.

Trapped Hell Interface version is another good'un.

Both of these! Also Orange Romeda; it's all about percussive buildup...

And Skyliner; the hi-hats and percussive details are amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwJ7x_141Cw

korona

chinook (hi-sco version)

alpha and omega

gyroscope

and most-definitely triangles and rhombuses

oh, and how could no one of mentioned Basefree?

shit, and Whitewater!

edit: for my "favorite" i'd choose Triangles and Rhombuses, it's very subtle

korona

chinook (hi-sco version)

alpha and omega

gyroscope

and most-definitely triangles and rhombuses

oh, and how could no one of mentioned Basefree?

shit, and Whitewater!

lol whut, that's not a boc track...or if it is, it's misnamed

its the short quiet one off of right to children isn,t it? sort of whispery break beats that get louder then fade away again

The clap in Peacock Tail makes the track so much better

That clap is so perfect!

Turquoise Hexagon Sun is amazing as well. You got that one drum thumping along with a nice bass line fuzzing over top while some sort of steel bar is smacking and dragging along the ground in forwards and reverse with that sad/eerie chime crying over it all, then at 2:00that crazy stereo BA-BUMP bass comes in gently hovering over everything while the people in the background somehow sound both like sex and the droning of 100's of people in a train station. Everything in this song makes me think of time lapse just going forwards and backwards.

Happy Cycling gives me goose bumps. That tick makes me think of the clicks my freewheel makes while riding my bike. Those 3 snare hits are great as well. Seaguls squaking along to the beat? Yeah we got those. Object (Optic?). At 5:05 when that backwards drum kicks in the screaming chorus is freed, the drums get a new punch, the bass gets gloomy and the keys wail the some of the most emotional and sad notes I've heard. Song closes out very gloomy and uncertain, oh and with a guy talking backwards about backmasking in songs.

Unknown last track played at live @ warp 10th anniversary party (05.11.1999). The vocoded voice singing along with the skittering drums is amazing. It would make my year to see this song released.

Sunshine Recorder those drums are stuttering and reversing all over the place. At 4:49 you get punchy bass and some crazy alien chatter.

You Could Feel The Sky Booming bass drum, old creaking wood, fire crackling and paper ripping make for a creepy song. That one little flute sound @ 2:00 onward gives it such a hopeful spin tho. Sounds like the guy from Lion King makes an appearance late in the song as well.

Peacock Tail that bass and clap were made for each other. So many things get introduced into the song as it progresses I still find myself hearing something new on occasion. When the song explodes at 3:15 its just epic. Those tiny little tambourine tickling the right channel are the sweetest little things. Another goose-bump song.

Left Side Drive the dreamy bass and keys with that signature steady hit along with the strange things happening in both channels make for one amazing song. That tinny clank that rolls around most of the song is like the soothing clacks you hear as a train passes by.

I wish it was summer....

Archived