IGNORED

What Job Do You Have

Danny O Flannagin

Basically the topic title. What do you do for work? Do you have a job? Are you a student? Did you get a degree for your job? Are you happy with your job? What is your dream job?

Jesus, so many questions. But ultimately... Are you happy with your life?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am currently the plant supervisor at a recycling plant. We are the common collection agency for beverage containers in my province, IE we have a government permitted monopoly.

I oversee the collection of beverage containers and the process of densifying them and turning them into commodity form which is sold back to manufacturers like Coca Cola!

I am also a full time student. I am happy with my job as the pay is really great considering I only work 8hrs a day. Also, since there are provincial government entities involved, it gets me one step closer to my "dream" of being employed by the federal government.

I interact with an entity called the BCMB which helps regulate our business; it is basically quality control or operations excellence. This is great for me because the capacity I wish to be employed in for the federal government is in some sort of analyst or financial position. The way certain statistics are extrapolated at my present job will help me in an analyst position in the future.

I am happy right now, especially since I have recently faced my alcoholism and I'm no longer an alcoholic!

What about you mr?

Basically the topic title. What do you do for work? Do you have a job? Are you a student? Did you get a degree for your job? Are you happy with your job? What is your dream job?

1. I sometimes draw designs for filters, fences and metal sheets but most of the time i cut filters, fences and metal sheets using machinery from the 70's.

2.yes

3.no

4.no (does a vocational diploma count lol lol lol i hope not)

5.no

6.no

ive been unemployed for 6 years now. livin the dream. was a student for a bit though. im maybe thinking of getting back into work actually. not sure what direction to take though

Oh and as for me. I'm a first year college student at a community college. I'm planning on transferring to a university after my 4th semester. I don't have a job so in place of that i'm taking a lot of classes and focusing 100% on school. Got straight A's last semester taking a full unit load. If a job opportunity came up, id probably take it because i still have a lot of free time on my hands. My dream job is to work in audio recording in a recording studio and i'll be taking classes in that field.

in 5 days from now i've been unemployed for a year, i used to drive a cab for a year, and before that i drove an ambulance for about 8 years, right now im mainly trying to survive on my music. it pays the bills but im always poor as fuck.

Why are you collecting so much data about watmm? I'm beginning to think you work for the government. You are like that "Not a cop" twitter page.

Why are you collecting so much data about watmm? I'm beginning to think you work for the government. You are like that "Not a cop" twitter page.

I don't know? I've just been really interested in hearing people's back stories and seeing the man behind the mask. I feel like there's sort of a disconnection when you're just interacting with people through a computer screen, it almost feels fake. I just like hearing about what WATMM does outside of WATMM

I didn't realize i was making so many threads about the community

I'm a health economics lecturer/researcher. Basically involves evaluating new policies and estimating the cost-effectiveness of new pharmaceuticals.

I have a BA and an MSc and am currently doing my PhD

currently unemployed, but i'll be in trouble if i don't find a job this month. im doing ma in sociology with a focus on society and technology. my dream job at this stage will be a research(er) assistant, but the openings seem to evade me.

I make paintings and try to sell some but am a complete noob on the marketing area. Also I'm teaching others various visual art practices, have stop-motion workshops for children and stuff.

Guest Frankie5fingers

im currently a 3rd year student majoring in Aerospace Engineering. once i graduate i plan on getting a job with NASA or a private aerospace company like Boeing or something. then once i make some money ill be continuing my studies to get my masters. most likely i will not get my PHD just cause i feel like it will be a waste of my time. however, if my bass playing actually takes off and i could make a nice living off of that i would be just as happy. as for dream job mine is kinda silly or might be considered weird. but honestly, id like to be a defense contractor for the US government.

and yes, im very happy.

I work in policy and legal/welfare matters for a large UK organisation. Was headhunted internally, have a degree, but not really a factor. Respectable salary and somehow ended up with my own office overlooking the Thames, so yes, happy. Dream job would be evil theme park mogul.

What do you do for work?

• I've been working as a sound assistant/technician, lifeguard, assistant in several construction sites...

Do you have a job?

• unemployed atm, last job i was at a toys section in a supermarket...

Are you a student?

• yes

Did you get a degree for your job?

• no, well, kind of, depends which job... i'm currently taking a degree on "sound engineering"

Are you happy with your job?

• no

What is your dream job?

• daymares

Are you happy with your life?

• no

Archived