IGNORED

People born before 1970 who listen to Autechre, manifest yourselves!

Guest Rulohead32

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DO POEPL GET OLD????

Time is an illusion..

Actually a thought just occurred.

Time is usually thought of as the 4th dimension, but time is an artificial concept a product of our minds. Therefor, it is actually our thoughts that exist in the 4th dimension. Our thoughts, the likes of which can conceptualize that which doesn't exist, the future the past, our thoughts exemplify the power of the 4th Dimension.

There's a rumour the owner of this site is almost 40 and really likes electronic music...

Yes, it can be, what I mean is since 40, the more old is a person, the less chances there are that he likes Autechre. Originally I meant to say only Autechre because it's less accessible than other electronic artists. But if you find a grannie who listens Ryoji Ikeda's Dataplex album, hey, tell me.

Actually shouldn't it be that the older people get the the more likely that person likes Autechre.

It's that bell graphic: people who most listen to Autechre are between 20-40. Older people are not prepared to those "chaotic" sounds, and preadolescents and less kids will listen that.

Born 1958 (54 y.o.), Brought up on early Roxy Music (Eno's Synth Trickery) and Bowie's Low(Ditto), moved through Punk into Electro Punk/Rock (Cabaret Voltaire/Joy Division) with a side dish of Noise/Chaos (Throbbing Gristle/ Whitehouse) and thence forward through FSOL arriving at Ae's Confield in a state of utter bemusement.

And I can bob my head to Fleure with the best of them.....

Not really related but, a friend who seemed to enjoy some of the same music as me and I introduced Autechre to, recently said that he hadn't already bought Exai as he never really enjoyed other Autechre enough. I hadn't seen him for quite a while and, him being the only other person who I thought enjoyed it, I was looking forward to conversing about it.

I felt very very sad inside.

Guest isaki

Not really related but, a friend who seemed to enjoy some of the same music as me and I introduced Autechre to, recently said that he hadn't already bought Exai as he never really enjoyed other Autechre enough. I hadn't seen him for quite a while and, him being the only other person who I thought enjoyed it, I was looking forward to conversing about it.

photo-8651.jpg?_r=1363113649

Guest Rulohead32

Born 1958 (54 y.o.), Brought up on early Roxy Music (Eno's Synth Trickery) and Bowie's Low(Ditto), moved through Punk into Electro Punk/Rock (Cabaret Voltaire/Joy Division) with a side dish of Noise/Chaos (Throbbing Gristle/ Whitehouse) and thence forward through FSOL arriving at Ae's Confield in a state of utter bemusement.

And I can bob my head to Fleure with the best of them.....

yeah i feel there's a lot of overlap between people who listen to noise and who listen to autechre.

Guest nowyouknow

My mother is in deep stress when i put some autechre, especially with a track like Rostar on Tri Repetae..

I've seen my father tryin to move & dance on 'Dad' by Vsnares, it was funny because he was searchin a regular rythm and after a moment he stopped & said 'what's that shit', almost angry..

With my sister its funnier, Radiator by Aphex is the track that she hates the most in the whole world, i often put it just to drive her crazy, after 3 secs she's already suffering... But When i put some autechre she imagines lots of things... For example Cichli is about some happy frogs who jump around a pool... And Tewe.... "This is a snail... he put some marbles in boxes.... (listening)... that's his job!" and it goes on and on... She made a complete movie with Pro Radii, it was about a lonely cryin machine who wanted to be loved but was assaulted by everyone....

Guest Rulohead32

My mother is in deep stress when i put some autechre, especially with a track like Rostar on Tri Repetae..

I've seen my father tryin to move & dance on 'Dad' by Vsnares, it was funny because he was searchin a regular rythm and after a moment he stopped & said 'what's that shit', almost angry..

With my sister its funnier, Radiator by Aphex is the track that she hates the most in the whole world, i often put it just to drive her crazy, after 3 secs she's already suffering... But When i put some autechre she imagines lots of things... For example Cichli is about some happy frogs who jump around a pool... And Tewe.... "This is a snail... he put some marbles in boxes.... (listening)... that's his job!" and it goes on and on... She made a complete movie with Pro Radii, it was about a lonely cryin machine who wanted to be loved but was assaulted by everyone....

I change the name of the topic: "People born without mental illnesses who listen to Autechre, manifest yourselves!"

Archived