IGNORED

Sigur Rós - Kveikur

Redruth

gs0DxaX.jpg

"Sigur Rós have announced that their new album Kveikur will be released on June 17 (18 in US)."

"The album - their first to be released worldwide by XL Recordings - was recorded and self-produced by band members Jón Pór Birgisson, Georg Holm and Orri Páll Dýrason. To mark the occasion Sigur Rós have released a video for the forthcoming new single, Brennisteinn, directed by Andrew Huang, which you can watch now below."

[youtubehd]Oc6zXSdYXm8&feature=player_embedded[/youtubehd]

i enjoyed the trac quite a bit, but the video is really painful to watch. the parts with the light shine on the grass blades are pretty, i would watch more of them. the rest seemed to be trying terribly hard

i like the track and the video. the electronic-y bass is nice and the messy percussion from the drums are both interesting to my ears. and jonsi pulls out some nice melodies that are one moment pretty, next moment sad.

i don't like that they supposedly produced the album themselves, that could be okay at best, or very bad at worst. we'll see.

they mentioned on Facebook that they're now a three piece, i haven't heard anything about that.

Huh. I’m undecided. I like that SR is trying something different though. Also intrigued about the 3-piece aspect of them now.

Although the guy that left was QG I thought.

wtf is Sigur Ros doing trying to emulate Muse?

Says Philip Glass

I don't think PG ever tried to emulate some pseudo emo-rock group. It's a shame SR is trying to appeal to the masses. Just fucking separate instead of trying to sell out into top-40 rock radio.

I mean ffs, you gotta be more creative than that in the field of post-post-rock. It's the indie-yet-on-a-major-label-cheapout kind of way to just do that.

Guest zaphod

how does that sound anything like muse? i've only heard one of their songs and they just seemed like a queen rip off.

point me to a track.

Guest Araungzeb

I'm pretty psyched about this, Valtari was okay but I've been waiting for Sigur Ros to do something different for quite a while now. Everything post-Takk has been a bit meh, this is a refreshing change. Heard this and a few other new songs a few nights ago when they played in Boston, it's going to be pretty amazing.

Guest Araungzeb

wtf is Sigur Ros doing trying to emulate Muse?

Says Philip Glass

It's a shame SR is trying to appeal to the masses. Just fucking separate instead of trying to sell out into top-40 rock radio.

:blink:

If you think an 8-minute post-rock song sung in Icelandic is going to "appeal to the masses" or break into top-40 rock, you might need to get outside a little bit more often...

• 2 months later...

Archived