IGNORED

Sigur Rós - Valtari

Redruth

In a previous interview, the band used adjectives like “ambient,” “introverted,” “floaty,” and “minimal” to describe the album’s sound.

Well fuck yeah, 8 tracks! And that preview video looks a bit like the new clark artwork. Sounds like a return to the earlier sounds / compositions rather than the 3 minute pop songs of recent years. Orsum.

Well so far it sounds like Riceboy Sleeps, which IMO is by far the best Sigur Ros-related album (certainly the only one I listen to frequently, VERY frequently actually).

If the rest of it sounds like this I'm in. I get sick of the overblown pop stuff really quickly (although I still like it).

Guest bitroast

Well so far it sounds like Riceboy Sleeps, which IMO is by far the best Sigur Ros-related album (certainly the only one I listen to frequently, VERY frequently actually).

If the rest of it sounds like this I'm in. I get sick of the overblown pop stuff really quickly (although I still like it).

yeah i was thinking this.

this album has me very interested^^

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest ryanmcallister

What do you guys think about the streamed album? I only just started listening to it, and think it's quite nice.

also listening now. quite like it.

Guest bitroast

I quite like it. It sounds like a follow up to the jonsi and alex riceboy sleeps album more than anything. I also dig track 7, and 6. So yeah, no. No falling apart for me, I quite like it:)

ah, well that was my impression upon first listen, i should've mentioned that. i'll certainly give it a few more chances. i mean, it's Sigur Ros. it's not bad, just didn't initially grab me.

I just spent, like, a lot of money on the vinyl + poster edition of this album. Just listened to a few songs. Sigur Ros is usually pretty great and I loved what I heard. Should be worth it. Poster looks great (I really like the art for the album). Didn't spend 250 dollars on the blanket, though.

The album sounds like the cover artwork

When I get my copy I'm gonna stare at the poster while listening to the album. Maybe take some shrooms idk probably not though.

Wish I could wrap myself up in that seemingly warm and fancy Icelandic wool blanket they made though.

I think this is the best stuff from them in a good while...

I have to say that I find this album pretty boring so far. I also find the Jonsi & Alex album boring, so I think in a way everything is consistent here. It's just like… really? MORE piano arpeggios backed with scrapey string quartet chords? It's like an entire album of intros.

I'll take the manic pop of the dudes' butts album every time over this.

I have to say that I find this album pretty boring so far. I also find the Jonsi & Alex album boring, so I think in a way everything is consistent here. It's just like… really? MORE piano arpeggios backed with scrapey string quartet chords? It's like an entire album of intros.

I'll take the manic pop of the dudes' butts album every time over this.

Jonsi's solo album is the best Sigur Ros album, by far.

Archived