IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Yeah, I came to the conclusion that Cult Films was terrible while at the grocery store. I don't know what I was thinking. Speak in Tongues is still pretty inoffensive though, I think I can live with that one. I don't see how either of those are cliche though. Explain.

'Speak In Tongues' sounds pretty good to me... There is logo potential there.

Speak In Tongues

it's like tennents here or carling in england. bud, miller, coors, etc.

nice gift though. :wink:

i spend my life going around pissing people of by telling them carling is a canadian beer.

no, i'm not stupid! it is actually canadian.. aye,the advertising is very misleading. not my fault though.

from London ONTARIO

Also yeah, VB is utter shit. I've had worse beer, but I don't understand why people still drink it; I mean, Coopers green is only slightly more expensive but it's fucking amazing in comparison.

What about Speaking In Tongues? Then you can be among the cool bands who took their name from Talking Heads songs/albums.

Haha, I considered that for just that reason, but I don't like the ring as much. Speak in Tongues is more aesthetically pleasing to me in both print and sound. Man... there really isn't anything more subjective than band names. People love or hate them for the most random reasons.

VB is watery piss. i think they give it to stupid tourists.

Yeah I just tried it. It certainly doesn't have the punch that Stiegl has, but it's not the worst I've had either.

I just started growing chillis. I've never gardened (sp?) before as I was going to save it for my golden years but hey you know what they say A MAN'S GOTTA HAVE A HOBBY hahahaha.... Oh and I just bought tickets to the states.

PS they are bhut jolokia, viper, and yellow 7 pot chillis. I'll probably need to start a gardening thread as I'm a bit lost/paranoid

What about Speaking In Tongues? Then you can be among the cool bands who took their name from Talking Heads songs/albums.

Haha, I considered that for just that reason, but I don't like the ring as much. Speak in Tongues is more aesthetically pleasing to me in both print and sound. Man... there really isn't anything more subjective than band names. People love or hate them for the most random reasons.
And the funny thing is, if you make some songs people like, your name hardly matters. Just becomes another vocab word. (as long as it's spellable/pronounceable)

finally got the job i wanted at uni as a teaching and research assistant with the professors i really like.

also made it through the torturous 1-day ban on watmm successfully. don't get banned you guys, it's not easy.

After only 3 years of doing it for others, I just successfully uploaded my first own iPad App to the iOS App Store. It's very simple and will appeal only to a handful of people. a minor success.

poli

a MIDI utility to add polyphonic voice allocation via external keyboard to the Elektron Analog Four synth.

currently waiting to be reviewed by the sanitizer brigade, not in the Store yet....

@chengod thanks! yeah let's see, i've kept this app simple & free to snoop out how much interest there really is in stuff like it.

@keith no iPhone version at the moment. do you have experience connecting USB MIDI hardware to an iPhone? I'm not sure if that's possible without jailbreak? can't use the Camera USB adapter like on iPad anyway. wonder what sort of Apple genius came up with that decision.

Edited by Guest

Guest disparaissant

i just successfully booted an ancient, ailing powerbook g4 into leopard using a usb stick. had to do all sorts of fiddly shit in open firmware to do it. definitely the nerdiest thing i have ever been proud enough of doing to brag about.

Guest Frankie5fingers

so a couple days in on my new job at NASA. i get to play with a flight simulator all day. this job is fucking awesome.

Guest Frankie5fingers

You work for NASA? What? More info please.

yeah, i got an internship at one of the research labs for the fall. its a lot of fun. i basically get payed to play a video game all day. well, i guess that isnt entirely accurate. i consider it a video game, but i design aircraft and consoles to be used in a simplified version of one of these bad boys (let me stress the "Simplified" part. ours isnt nearly as advanced as the pic below)

acfs_sim.jpg

then we have real pilots come in and test my designs. the one at our lab is new, so my job is to basically understand the program completely and set ours up.

You work for NASA? What? More info please.

yeah, i got an internship at one of the research labs for the fall. its a lot of fun. i basically get payed to play a video game all day. well, i guess that isnt entirely accurate. i consider it a video game, but i design aircraft and consoles to be used in a simplified version of one of these bad boys (let me stress the "Simplified" part. ours isnt nearly as advanced as the pic below)

acfs_sim.jpg

then we have real pilots come in and test my designs. the one at our lab is new, so my job is to basically understand the program completely and set ours up.

Im very jelly

The grant proposal I wrote (at work) won our biggest client a federal competitive/discretionary grant of $10 million dollars against some ridiculously long odds. Company prez calls Friday night and leaves a message (I was putting our kid to bed at the time lol), and at first I was nervous like "wtf is he calling me on a Friday night about?" then I realize what it's about and crap pants.

Here's hoping some sort of award/recognition/raise is in order (particularly as Mrs. Dob and I have babby #2 on the way :cisfor: ), but I've never done anything so fantastically lucrative for a client (and by extension our company), that I couldn't begin to guess what the order of magnitude might be.