IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

After learning that Mel Bay and some other music publishers accept spec manuscripts, I've started working on a book tentatively called 'Tonal Concepts' or something like that.

I'm really happy with it so far.

The last two posts in the Now Consuming thread are by me and now I want to brag about the paté I made last night SO I'LL DO IT HERE.

I picked up some ox liver by chance on Saturday and cooked it for dinner. You always get shitloads in a supermarket packet of liver so I only ended up eating half. Last night I improvised my own paté recipe (the cooked livers, sweated onion, garlic, chopped fresh rosemary, salt&pepper, butter, olive oil). Hand blended it smooth and packed it in an old olive jar.

Just got home from work and spread some on buttered toast it it fucking rules. Great success.

EGQLn6d.jpg

You make miracle food and put it on toast? Roast a duck and stuff that shit in there! (doesn't know shit about pate / ducks)

Received a whole load of furniture today so my flat isn't so empty and modern i.e. empty. Sure, the delivery people lost my desk but I can overlook that for now!

Even better: the bookshelves I ordered are big enough for vinyls. Finally, they have a good home, out of the cold attic they've been in for years. :cattears:

excellent dude, congrats!

After a couple of months of bloodhounding slsk, buying obscure compilations, messaging owners of totally oop compilations on discogs and messaging the man himself, I've managed to compile all of the non-album Mark Fell tracks into a chronological playlist :feelsgoodman:

Anyone interested in hearing it should Probably Mention it somewhere

Slowly but surely getting settled into my first official new home. And not just renting this time.

Got internet set up today as well.

where??

Cheers Spiral :)

Being a homeowner comes with more responsibilities and bills to pay but also more freedom, as I'm finding out. Def worth it overall.

Slowly but surely getting settled into my first official new home. And not just renting this time.

Got internet set up today as well.

where??

A condominium in east Anchorage. So I haven't left the Far North yet, but that's still the plan in another four years or so. Kinda depends on how these new digs work out.

Edited by ambermonk

Seems like there's a lot of people buying a new place recently. WATMM Home Owners Club. Need to sort out my internet soon...

Also the glass desk I ordered showed up and it isn't broken. Hurrah!

Not quite at the level of owning my own home yet, but I did get the keys for a lovely new flat today with a good friend. Can't wait to get everything properly moved in and set up.

Edited by Leon Sumbitches

Leaving for an all expenses paid three month trip to Europe where I'll stack $$$ and the associated first world problem of trying to hide my erection in public all day

Also cooked up some red curry for the first time that turned out way better than I expected. The more I cook, the less need I have to go to a restaurant.

my parents house they just bought, the back neighbour is always smoking pot and it reaks. my stepdad who has never done it (supposed, i believe him) says he likes the smell. and his buddy and buddy's son came around the place the other day and they get in a big conversation about the stuff because of the smell.... growing it, profitiing. ETC

lolz

any, funny if he ever smoked up but it's not going to happen

Copenhagen is a beaut

I feel like I just got a chest bump from God

When did you arrive?

About 4 hours ago. I'm already drinking some Carlsberg and I walked around a bit. People are friendly. Everything looks amazing and I got set up in a palace as far as I'm concerned. This will be a great three months. Thank you lawd

Got a three-seat sofa for only $30. Had a buddy from work help me carry it up to the new condo.

I should spend more time at thrift shops. You never know what you might find.

Yesterday I went to Christiania, which is a section of Copenhagen that was started as a hippie commune in 1971. It's like a graffiti covered wonderland that even has a makeshift hobbit village in the woods. It really is a sight to behold. And I was lucky enough to not have to go into work until tonight, because I got to be there on 4/20! It was a fucking odyssey. I bought a pre-rolled joint of some weed that was just complete astronaut status. I walked around one of the most amazing gatherings I have ever seen just completely fucking blitzed. It was bewildering and awesome. Words can't do it justice.

I also took back half a joint and three space cookies. Gotta have souvenirs.

Edited by Candiru

canada is officially legalizing marijuana next year. little stoned birdie told me.

BC has never sounded so appealing.