IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

canada is officially legalizing marijuana next year. little stoned birdie told me.

BC has never sounded so appealing.

Cost of living there is insane.

I live in San Francisco...

canada is officially legalizing marijuana next year. little stoned birdie told me.

:(

Are you actually in Victoria? I love the island. Cost of living there is better than Vancouver, but that's because work is hard to find. (Correct me if wrong!)

I wish I could live either on the island or in Vancouver, I just can't afford it! I scoped out some work similar to what I'm doing, and it paid much less than Calgary unfortunately.

I will move out there one day though. =)

Even if the cost of living is higher, the quality of life is worth it.

Touche

Edited by StephenG

:(

Are you actually in Victoria? I love the island. Cost of living there is better than Vancouver, but that's because work is hard to find. (Correct me if wrong!)

I wish I could live either on the island or in Vancouver, I just can't afford it! I scoped out some work similar to what I'm doing, and it paid appr much less than Calgary unfortunately.

I will move out there one day though. =)

Even if the cost of living is higher, the quality of life is worth it.

Aye, it's my home turf. It's a little too nice here, which makes it hard to leave. But for anyone hoping to make a name for themselves in music or anything to do with the arts (which I am) it's usually necessary to get the fuck away from here. I just so happened to recently stumble into a really good musical collab that seems like it might actually go somewhere... so I guess for now I shall stay put, but see where the road takes me. Cost of living here is way too expensive though, like you said, 'specially for a broke-ass like me.

Yeah, having originally come from Victoria/Vancouver area I can corroborate that BC prices are nowhere near this insane... It's just stupid down here. Lucky to live in a below market-rate situation here though, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Yeah, having originally come from Victoria/Vancouver area I can corroborate that BC prices are nowhere near this insane... It's just stupid down here. Lucky to live in a below market-rate situation here though, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

It depends how much you're earning. The cost of living is much higher in San Francisco, but so is the median income. Vancouver is less expensive in absolute cost, but more so relative to its median income.

It depends how much you're earning. The cost of living is much higher in San Francisco, but so is the median income. Vancouver is less expensive in absolute cost, but more so relative to its median income.

The inequality gap here is actually worse than BC in addition to being more expensive.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Income-inequality-on-par-with-developing-nations-5486434.php

San Francisco likes to think of itself politically, socially and culturally as akin to European countries.

But when it comes to income equality - or lack thereof - we're far less Sweden and Denmark and far more Central America and sub-Saharan Africa.

In one measurement, we're about on par with Rwanda. Yes, Rwanda.

I've finished all my art coursework for college FOREVERRRR - I'm just left with my photography coursework now :D

Mazel tov! Now get out there and have your spirit and dreams crushed into a perfect diamond of disappointment!

been having a war with black heads on my nose this week. I got a serrated knife and dug out an infected bastard which caused a bit of a crater but by using acne lotion x2 daily they are beginning to fade!

been having a war with black heads on my nose this week. I got a serrated knife and dug out an infected bastard which caused a bit of a crater but by using acne lotion x2 daily they are beginning to fade!

It's a parallel to a past life where you dug a bullet out of yourself with a red hot knife after combat.

So a while back I installed Logic X on one of my laptops. The shortcuts were similar to Logic 9, so the learning curve was fairly easy.

Yesterday I installed Logic X on a different laptop and all of a sudden the shortcuts were all FUCKED! Now, instead of pressing Esc to bring up the Tool menu like I've done for the best 10 years I had to press T. I wasn't able to skip through my projects frame by frame neither. I was on the verge of biting my laptop in half. I looked everywhere online for an answer and it turns out that if you have Logic 9 installed on your computer, Logic X is able to replicate the shortcuts from Logic 9. Apple, you stupid motherfuckers! But I can't download Logic 9 anymore since Apple has removed it from the App Store, those filthy animals!

*deep breath*

I then found how out to export a file from Logic 9 containing all my shortcuts from a different computer and export it into Logic X and now everything works the way it used to.

I love Apple's products, but seriously... if it ain't broken don't fucking fix it! And if you decide to fix it make sure to allow people to revert the settings back to what they're familiar with. So yeah, my first world achievement is being able to bypass Apple's stupid fucking ideas.

I honestly can't believe the things they sometimes bruteforce onto their software. Some people actually use this sort of stuff for a living.

^^ Posted in the wrong thread Squee

Wrote 2,800 words of my next story quickly and early in the day, leaving plenty of time for goofing around without feeling guilty. :catrecline:

I finally decided I need to change my university. I love the career (software engineering) but in the school I am atm I feel really bored, with teachers that doesn't know how to teach (most of them) and people around me that doesn't really care about learning, only about getting the fucking degree as fast and easy as they can.

I will go to a new school, though this one is private (the one I'm atm is free), but I think it will be a good investment.

My achievement is that I finally had the balls to decide for my own good, instead of worrying about what other people might think, including my family.

^^ Posted in the wrong thread Squee

Haha, no, I actually posted it because I have happy I fixed my problem, but then I ended up rambling about how stupid the changes they've made are :)

I recorded vocals for my band's demo yesterday and it sounds really good so far. We just need to record bass and punch in a couple solos.

I recorded vocals for my band's demo yesterday and it sounds really good so far. We just need to record bass and punch in a couple solos.

Nice

What's yr setup like?

We're recording in our practice studio, so it's not the most ideal place, but it has some acoustic dampening. Everything has been recorded with a 57 and some 58's with Protools (Mbox 2 Factory Pro). We haven't mixed it yet and it sounds pretty good for what it is.

turned in my bachelor's thesis...presented it in february, procrastinated and heard on monday that the deadline was today...so i did the finishing touches and turned it in....now i am at a loss on what to stress about this summer...the upcoming master's thesis..going to enjoy this little victory a little while