IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

That was possibly the most successful rolling lol I've seen on watmm to date. Doesn't get much more FWS than that.

there was one that lasted a page and a half back in the day.

Finally got my knackered laptop up and running again after it bricked itself and I had to reinstall Windows, a million shitty wireless drivers, etc. I never really got used to browsing teh webz on a tablet, always felt small and fiddly, so it's nice to be able to witness rolling lols in all their big-screened glory once more.

An animated short film I did the sound design and music for just won a huge award.

I can't show the film but here's some behind the scenes stuff

By the way, none of the sound effects in any of the clips are in the final film. All of the sounds in the clips were temp sound made by someone else.

I'm going to Berlin the weekend of my birthday with a nice ladyfriend travel companion. Aside from work, which is waaaaayyyy too work-like, I'm having a rad trip.

Two of my friends who just got back from a road trip in South America gave me the best souvenir gift ever : field recordings of jungle wildlife, creaking Ushuia trees, footsteps in the salt desert... LUSH.

An animated short film I did the sound design and music for just won a huge award.

By the way, none of the sound effects in any of the clips are in the final film. All of the sounds in the clips were temp sound made by someone else.

Holy wow! Looks like a remarkable production! Keep us updated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NMC386hsq8

Holy wow! Looks like a remarkable production! Keep us updated!
Will do!

Right now I'm crossing my fingers that the right film festivals pick up the movie. It has already been sent off to one really big festival so I'm really excited to see what the future will bring

We've taken up jogging, mostly to help control my weight. Did 5.75km the other day. I know it's not much but it's the most I've done before and it felt really good.

We've taken up jogging, mostly to help control my weight. Did 5.75km the other day. I know it's not much but it's the most I've done before and it felt really good.

ukh! hard on the knees, no?

So far, not at all. Long term and for people that do lots of km probably, but I'm not sure? Even when walking I've focused on really controlling the length of stride and striking with the heel first.

My only problem right now is shin pain. I get a bit of shin pain and have to rest a day or two, and I can only increase each run by about 10% distance wise.

Jogging/running will never be my primary exercise but it feels good to have added it once a week as part of healthier living. :happy:

So far, not at all. Long term and for people that do lots of km probably, but I'm not sure? Even when walking I've focused on really controlling the length of stride and striking with the heel first.

My only problem right now is shin pain. I get a bit of shin pain and have to rest a day or two, and I can only increase each run by about 10% distance wise.

Jogging/running will never be my primary exercise but it feels good to have added it once a week as part of healthier living. :happy:

for sure, good on ya :nyan:

watch it with those shins! i was overly enthusiastic and almost ended up with a shin splint, which basically means that my muscle sacks couldn't contian my muscles. pain was pretty intense and couldn't jog for a while.

there's a fairly simple solution: stretching before and after! when shins are your primary concern, simply use this stretching exercise beforehand:

5610264071_f215c906eb.jpg

3x10 seconds for each leg (so 90 seconds total if you have 3 legs).

also do some stretching after. v important part of the exercise

other than that, good on you mate!

Thanks!!! I did 6.5km today, it feels great.

I've been doing that stretch in the pic, but right before bed rather than right before the run. I'm going to take your advice and do it before the run to see if that helps with the pain.

I've read some people suggest icing your shins after a run too, but other sources say not to. Thoughts?

So after calling my landlord about my shitty roommate, she asked him to move out. Didn't see him for a week or so and then his family members started moving his stuff out.

another roommate relayed information they had told her... Apparently he died in a car crash that week.

Not sure how to feel about this... :mellow: not sure if i should even be posting in this thread

On the one hand I'm glad i don't have to deal with him again, but I'm bummed the asshole died.

Edited by Danny O Flannagin

That reminds me of what Richard Stallman said when Steve Jobs died: "I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone"

will say the same about Stallman when he kicks the bucket.