IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

also, they use no pesticides and let these little bugs munch on the leaves which in turn the plant to produce these chemicals that give it unique flavour.

Darjeeling is cultivated like this as well.

absolutely beautiful. wish i could try these! :( VA sucks so bad.

Thank you for the kind words, good sir. They'll start mass production within the next 6 months so if you're ever in Seattle or surrounding area, it'll be on the shelves somewhere!

That reminds me blysky!

Are you coming to the Vancouver autechre show?

I believe so, I've been pelted with a good deal of eggs, and after repeated peltings for admitting I don't listen to much autechre or care for it too much from what I've heard - I have learned to like autechre more.

Mostly I'm coming for the WATMM hang-out

:dadjoke: + :beer:

my wife got me new prescription sunglasses

now i can actually see where I'm driving, lol

Edited by baph

stands & salutes,

the world is a better place for this research

At my job, I set out to find the fabled roadkill skunk bud of olden days. We were given the ability to keep researching into genetics (thanks WA liquor control...) so long as we kept a log from seed to sale and agreed to more frequent inspections. I started with a pool of 150 plants from 5 different cultivars I selected due to predominant terpene production being focused where I wanted it. It took close to 6 months to grow then we whittled down with the help of a few friends and my father for testing.

We ended up with 6 keepers out of the bunch from 5 different cultivars. I personally fell in love with two of them and they'll remain in in the stables for years to come.

#1 - Reeks of pure skunk cabbage, rubber, pine and carries a hint of lemon peel

attachicon.gifIMG_1560.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1561.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1543.JPG

#2 - Reeks like diesel fuel, sweet lime and has a funky cocoa/dark chocolate hint in there.

attachicon.gifIMG_9027.jpeg

attachicon.gifIMG_1559.JPG

(pics could be better, but I only had my phone on me)

Bought a bike a couple of weeks ago. Why the fuck didn't I do this any sooner? Even though I have a 30 minute bike ride to work it's still way faster than taking the bus which is around 40-50 minutes. And biking home only takes 20 minutes.

Fuck yeah, biking!

Finally got access to the open-end fund account my Grandfather made with 250$ in 1992. He made it for my college tuition, but never told me or my family about it. He invested well/the firm invested well because I just got the total at $21,566. Took a Medallion Signature from an investment firm and a ton of paperwork because he's deceased and the account was made in Boston.

That old bastard is looking down upon me and yelling at me to stop being such a pussy and not to spend the money on dope. I loved that Irish son of a gun.

Bought a bike a couple of weeks ago. Why the fuck didn't I do this any sooner? Even though I have a 30 minute bike ride to work it's still way faster than taking the bus which is around 40-50 minutes. And biking home only takes 20 minutes.

Fuck yeah, biking!

next step: motorcycle

Fuck yeah, biking!

next step: motorcycle

Ever noticed that our avatars are pretty similar?

At my job, I set out to find the fabled roadkill skunk bud of olden days. We were given the ability to keep researching into genetics (thanks WA liquor control...) so long as we kept a log from seed to sale and agreed to more frequent inspections. I started with a pool of 150 plants from 5 different cultivars I selected due to predominant terpene production being focused where I wanted it. It took close to 6 months to grow then we whittled down with the help of a few friends and my father for testing.

We ended up with 6 keepers out of the bunch from 5 different cultivars. I personally fell in love with two of them and they'll remain in in the stables for years to come.

#1 - Reeks of pure skunk cabbage, rubber, pine and carries a hint of lemon peel

attachicon.gifIMG_1560.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1561.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1543.JPG

#2 - Reeks like diesel fuel, sweet lime and has a funky cocoa/dark chocolate hint in there.

attachicon.gifIMG_9027.jpeg

attachicon.gifIMG_1559.JPG

(pics could be better, but I only had my phone on me)

drooling_homer-712749.gif2.png

Fuuuuuck..... So was this (re)search based on Sour D, NYCD, et al phenos, or more "pure" strains? If secret, nevermind!

Damn, man..... In Tokyo, with IDM hookups, $40/g. I gotta make like $150,000 a year to be a stoner. End up fucking working 18 hour days, going to meetings constantly, making shit happen... "Damn, dude- why you working so hard?" "CUZ I WANNA BE LAZY AND SMOKE WEED CONSTANTLY YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!"

Fuuuuuck..... So was this (re)search based on Sour D, NYCD, et al phenos, or more "pure" strains? If secret, nevermind!

Damn, man..... In Tokyo, with IDM hookups, $40/g. I gotta make like $150,000 a year to be a stoner. End up fucking working 18 hour days, going to meetings constantly, making shit happen... "Damn, dude- why you working so hard?" "CUZ I WANNA BE LAZY AND SMOKE WEED CONSTANTLY YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!"

If you want to know lol :)

#1 Nicknamed -Pepe le Glue- is a hybrid of Gorilla Glue #4. The GG was the female and was knocked up by a trinity OG dad, then the resulting selection was hit with male pollen from the trinity again and then selected out of this pool. We selected to find the one with the most diverse terpene profile and to focus on finding the long bred-out mercaptan group of terpenes in small amount. Too much is absolutely horrible smelling, like rotting meat, but if there is a very tiny amount (like less than 1% total terpenoid content) and a healthy amount of Humulene, Limonene and Myrcene - it creates this amazing boquet of skunk cabbage, spices, high acid hops, lemon and lime. True old-skool skunk style.

#2 Nicknamed -Ballard Skunk- is a dense polyhybrid. Its mother is a cross of Haze C (M) and Bhodi's White Lotus, we selected the shortest flowering and most white dominant genetics on that, aiming to take out the played out smell of modern haze hybrids and shorten the flowering time, but up the structure and yeild to a white-dom plant. The Father is an Afghani x Columbian that a few friends work lines of. It stinks to high hell, some of that stuff you can smell from a while away. They had a male they really liked and passed it on. We worked to isolate the skunkier side of things, but settled on this one, which has a much more woodsy citrus funk. The thing that sold me was the taste. The first taste is lime slurpee mixed with a classic funky sour-d taste and its finish is somewhere between pumpkin spice and an spiced apple candle with and very heavy after taste that reminds me of blonde bubble hash.

I'm blessed to do what I do and very happy that I get to do so. I haven't been partaking as much lately, just focusing on the perpetual cycle and making sure that everything I have a hand in at work is pushing forward. It's lusciously zen to not have to talk to people for 8 hours at a time and spend time with the gardens, getting things prepared, following my teas very closely, working with a microscope sometimes for fun to see the life I brew in compost/kelp teas. Sometimes when the irrigation comes on and the drip starts I watch the earthworms, springtails and arthropods run about.

I'll shut up now

#1 Nicknamed -Pepe le Glue- is a hybrid of Gorilla Glue #4. The GG was the female and was knocked up by a trinity OG dad, then the resulting selection was hit with male pollen from the trinity again and then selected out of this pool. We selected to find the one with the most diverse terpene profile and to focus on finding the long bred-out mercaptan group of terpenes in small amount. Too much is absolutely horrible smelling, like rotting meat, but if there is a very tiny amount (like less than 1% total terpenoid content) and a healthy amount of Humulene, Limonene and Myrcene - it creates this amazing boquet of skunk cabbage, spices, high acid hops, lemon and lime. True old-skool skunk style.

#2 Nicknamed -Ballard Skunk- is a dense polyhybrid. Its mother is a cross of Haze C (M) and Bhodi's White Lotus, we selected the shortest flowering and most white dominant genetics on that, aiming to take out the played out smell of modern haze hybrids and shorten the flowering time, but up the structure and yeild to a white-dom plant. The Father is an Afghani x Columbian that a few friends work lines of. It stinks to high hell, some of that stuff you can smell from a while away. They had a male they really liked and passed it on. We worked to isolate the skunkier side of things, but settled on this one, which has a much more woodsy citrus funk. The thing that sold me was the taste. The first taste is lime slurpee mixed with a classic funky sour-d taste and its finish is somewhere between pumpkin spice and an spiced apple candle with and very heavy after taste that reminds me of blonde bubble hash.

I'm blessed to do what I do and very happy that I get to do so. I haven't been partaking as much lately, just focusing on the perpetual cycle and making sure that everything I have a hand in at work is pushing forward. It's lusciously zen to not have to talk to people for 8 hours at a time and spend time with the gardens, getting things prepared, following my teas very closely, working with a microscope sometimes for fun to see the life I brew in compost/kelp teas. Sometimes when the irrigation comes on and the drip starts I watch the earthworms, springtails and arthropods run about.

I'll shut up now

Thanks, man! Sounds greeeat. Gardening- ganj or not- is really meditative, and I wish modern peoples had the opportunity to live life with a bit o green thumb. I used to daytime smoke around my plants after watering, and it was like laying around a bonfire with ancient family. Also, I used to come across some fucked up phenos (like flowers with tons of leaf in it, crazy foxtailing, interesting colors, etc.)- things that would generally be considered weaknesses- and it made me realize that ganj could be a totally different thing, if it weren't for selective breeding that has made it mostly geared towards bag appeal, strength, and weight. One of my best tasting strains was from mystery bagseed, tasted super spicy like spiced chai, but it couldn't produce worth shit- and it couldn't last a third revegging, so I never got to cross it. So kudos for breeding with flavor in mind, cuz even though a lot of breeders imply all sorts of flavor shit, you know that it's mostly generic picking and copping other breeders' lines.

Your #1 and #2 sound yuuum... Num... myam... mmm...

I think there's a niche for amazing tasting low THC strains, so people can just smoke for lengthy periods without having aliens come around the corner. When I lived in Egypt, I bought a few ounces of lovely desert grown mids for $50, but the point is that it was great to be able to roll and smoke fat ass joints, without having to sit it out due to overwhelming strength. Also, if any breeder is able to sooomehow stabilize a wholly albino strain, it will be epic.

Edited by peace 7

all i can say is great work for the simple reason that living with chronic pain 24/7 (yeah pain wakes you up, not the sketchy pun) some of the strains coming out of the US today are a gift to the world

being opiate-free isnt an option yet, but my god flowers like these work wonders & the more nuanced strains are really starting to filter out

11 1/4 stone. get in. i was nearly 12 three weeks or so ago. want to be more like 10 and however much muscle i want. operation sort myself out in progress

Edited by lala

I'll shut up now

Thanks, man! Sounds greeeat. Gardening- ganj or not- is really meditative, and I wish modern peoples had the opportunity to live life with a bit o green thumb. I used to daytime smoke around my plants after watering, and it was like laying around a bonfire with ancient family. Also, I used to come across some fucked up phenos (like flowers with tons of leaf in it, crazy foxtailing, interesting colors, etc.)- things that would generally be considered weaknesses- and it made me realize that ganj could be a totally different thing, if it weren't for selective breeding that has made it mostly geared towards bag appeal, strength, and weight. One of my best tasting strains was from mystery bagseed, tasted super spicy like spiced chai, but it couldn't produce worth shit- and it couldn't last a third revegging, so I never got to cross it. So kudos for breeding with flavor in mind, cuz even though a lot of breeders imply all sorts of flavor shit, you know that it's mostly generic picking and copping other breeders' lines.

Your #1 and #2 sound yuuum... Num... myam... mmm...

I think there's a niche for amazing tasting low THC strains, so people can just smoke for lengthy periods without having aliens come around the corner. When I lived in Egypt, I bought a few ounces of lovely desert grown mids for $50, but the point is that it was great to be able to roll and smoke fat ass joints, without having to sit it out due to overwhelming strength. Also, if any breeder is able to sooomehow stabilize a wholly albino strain, it will be epic.

yeah, leaf is good for driving long distance, light buzz to goldenafy the drive. Not that i know anything about this subject or have had anything to do with these kinds of things.