IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

had a great night catching up with old friends at a bbq, weather was perfect, brats, beers, bowls, and good fucking times.

Wrote a whole shit ton of words, far surpassing my daily quota. Feels good, like running a marathon and then keeping on running beyond the finish line. Except I'm sitting on my fat arse.

My cast iron skillet is well seasoned and contains the legendary ancestry and ghosts of my cooking past infusing flavor into everything I eat. Pancakes all rustic and hearty like the Wild West.

had a great night catching up with old friends at a bbq, weather was perfect, brats, beers, bowls, and good fucking times.

kinda the same but with one good friend i haven't seen for ages and in scorching weather. very happy with myself that the bowls didn't provoke an insta-diarrhea like they usually do.

Due to the industrial holiday, it's been really quiet at work so I've been working from home the past two days... playing The Witcher 3. 8 hours straight, two days in a row. Phew.

I can fucking hear everything again!!!! :biggrin:

Some of you may recall I've mentioned a few times being slightly hard of hearing before... Well I've been without working hearing aids for almost 2 years now, and that's kinda sucked at many times. At that BBQ I went to over the weekend my friend's girlfriend mentioned her grandpa had recently died, and just before his passing had bought brand new top of the line hearing aids. She said I could have them and didn't really want anything for them otherwise they were just gonna get donated to the VA hospital (I'll be sending something nice their way though).

Need to go to an audiologist and have them tweaked to fit my ears and hearing a bit more (her grandpa was significantly more impaired than I am) but otherwise they work perfectly well! Feels awesome to be able to properly hear all the subtle noise I can't normally hear again.

I can fucking hear everything again!!!! :biggrin:

Some of you may recall I've mentioned a few times being slightly hard of hearing before... Well I've been without working hearing aids for almost 2 years now, and that's kinda sucked at many times. At that BBQ I went to over the weekend my friend's girlfriend mentioned her grandpa had recently died, and just before his passing had bought brand new top of the line hearing aids. She said I could have them and didn't really want anything for them otherwise they were just gonna get donated to the VA hospital (I'll be sending something nice their way though).

Need to go to an audiologist and have them tweaked to fit my ears and hearing a bit more (her grandpa was significantly more impaired than I am) but otherwise they work perfectly well! Feels awesome to be able to properly hear all the subtle noise I can't normally hear again.

That's awesome!

Didn't know you had lost your hearing though. How did that happen?

Born with it, had issues since I was a kid. Funny enough though it went undiagnosed for years, because when I was little I could cheat on the hearing tests in the Dr.'s office since I could see the nurse turning the dials on the sound machine. I used to raise my hand because I knew she had pressed the button, and I didn't want to do poorly, and they just wrote off my inattentiveness and issues in school as my ADD (which I do actually have as well). It wasn't until about my sophmore year of HS that that it became apparent it was an actual hearing issue. By then they had better ways of testing hearing, and when they put my in the seperate soundproof booth, it was pretty clear I have what they call "moderate loss".

Edited by ghOsty

Born with it, had issues since I was a kid. Funny enough though it went undiagnosed for years, because when I was little I could cheat on the hearing tests in the Dr.'s office since I could see the nurse turning the dials on the sound machine. I used to raise my hand because I knew she had pressed the button, and I didn't want to do poorly, and they just wrote off my inattentiveness and issues in school as my ADD (which I do actually have as well). It wasn't until about my sophmore year of HS that that it became apparent it was an actual hearing issue. By then they had better ways of testing hearing, and when they put my in the seperate soundproof booth, it was pretty clear I have what they call "moderate loss".

Do you still wear earplugs at shows? Do you try to avoid loosing more hearing?

Do you still wear earplugs at shows? Do you try to avoid loosing more hearing?

admittedly, probably not as often as I should be, especially when I used to play shows with my old metal band... but yes I have worn plugs at/during shows

Edited by ghOsty

moving into a new flat on friday. Had the maximum pleasure of pepper gassing my folks out the last couple of days by making fried chilli things for breakfast.

they have been coughing and spluttering, opening windows, teary eyed. i like it hot

We got kindling. Let's get a fire started, give us some wood.

I was out for a walk this morning, and two young women,wearing lycra workout gear started crossing the road towards my side, so i jogged ahead down the road a little to give them some room and that statement happened from one of the girls.

lol

Guess my weight loss plan is starting to pay dividends.

No i didn't turn around and strike up a prelude to sexy time with them, this is still delet... we're discussing. I did laugh though and say 'good on ya'. Also, i don't live in a dero suburb, and this wasn't some strippers in the middle of the night on their way from work or something. Just a couple of regular lasses out for some morning exercise.

nwaae, fwp, i wanted to stay off watmm for a few more days. glah.

We got kindling. Let's get a fire started, give us some wood.

I was out for a walk this morning, and two young women,wearing lycra workout gear started crossing the road towards my side, so i jogged ahead down the road a little to give them some room and that statement happened from one of the girls.

lol

Guess my weight loss plan is starting to pay dividends.

No i didn't turn around and strike up a prelude to sexy time with them, this is still delet... we're discussing. I did laugh though and say 'good on ya'. Also, i don't live in a dero suburb, and this wasn't some strippers in the middle of the night on their way from work or something. Just a couple of regular lasses out for some morning exercise.

nwaae, fwp, i wanted to stay off watmm for a few more days. glah.

What Wood Delet Do?