IGNORED

DJ Fred McGriff - Calmer Than You Are

Fred McGriff

Good morning yall. Last night I dusted off the old turntables and made this hour long vinyl mix. Good for when you're up way too early on saturday morning and you're having a coffee and want a slow transition into being fully awake and maybe you're hungover and maybe the sun isn't up yet and you have sleeping family in the house and you're easing into the day the way you'd kinda just lovingly slip a pinky into someone's butt for the first time. Alternatively, maybe you are in the hospital and you have a pain drip and you feel like giving it an extra 5 or 6 clicks and then you fire this bad boy up and you just sit there, body and mind humming in numbness with this mix. Either way. Please enjoy. :mcgriff:

-Frad

Tracklist:

andy stott - submission
orb - blue room excerpt 606
infinity window - skull theft
simon and garfunkel - so long frank lloyd wright
marvin gaye - inner city blues
bee mask - fallen tree thursday and the half-crushed arc of the sky taking tea in the pastoral index

bee mask - causes and cures
bola-whoblo
jan jelinkek - traffic echoes
aphex twin - untitled
holy other - (w)here
beck - runners dial zero

q76kQNS.jpg

Guest zaphod

you surprised me with the simon and garfunkel->marvin gaye transition. figured you'd do a seamless drum thing since they both basically have the same bongo(?) pattern. like the choice of aphex track, unexpected. a mellow but slightly off kilter mix. i like it.

many cheers for listening and i'm glad you guys enjoyed

you surprised me with the simon and garfunkel->marvin gaye transition. figured you'd do a seamless drum thing since they both basically have the same bongo(?) pattern. like the choice of aphex track, unexpected. a mellow but slightly off kilter mix. i like it.

haha very cool that you picked up on the s&g __> gaye mix... i was desperately trying to beatmatch but i'm really out of practice so had to bail out and work the faders instead to salvage.

Guest Frankie5fingers

i dont normally post 'round these parts, but i just had to say DAYUM! this is amazing Fred.

very interesting. not sure i have really heard anything quite like this before. wasn't expecting to be so groovy. really liking it at this point. thanks for turning me on to this dude, he is definitely doing his own thing.

bad wires is cranking in my office right now.

Archived