IGNORED

Autechre Exai Tshirts

cear

never mind the pattern, the sizing issues with this t-shirt have put me off making a purchase. i'm just gonna stick with my plain black primark tee.

Sizing issues? Aren't they just standard American Apparel tshirts? Just go try one on at a store.

yep they're standard American Apparel tshirts.

unfortunately, not everyone has had experience with their sizing, it seems :-s

I bought a medium BoC shirt and a medium Exai shirt and they are both AA shirts with identical tags. The BoC shirt is one of the most comfortable I've owned. The Exai shirt feels like I'm wearing a fucking corset, and they've both been through the wash the same amount of times. I'm pissed because I basically can't wear it at all. I hope they will replace it for me but I seriously doubt it.

It might have to do with how large the printed area on the Exai shirt is - I noticed it's tighter in the chest/stomach than the BoC shirt (I ordered the same as you).

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a medium (silver) and it fits great - really pissed though because the second day I wore it, I accidently splashed achiote paste on it while cooking (made some yummy Yucatan-style slow cooked chicken thighs in the crock pot).

Sprayed the shit out of it with Shout, and I think it's been through the laundry - haven't looked yet.

I really like the AA shirts; well cut, and fit comfortably - however, you do NOT want to get these if you're sporting a beer gut, as they're clearly meant for skinny hipsters.

lol

achiote paste is the shizz though!

achiotexai

I can confirm that these shirts do shrink after washing - My two Medium shirts are tighter than when first purchased - not by much, but it they were close fitting before, you'll feel the difference after washing. I don't know if going to a Large and then washing would produce a comfortable Medium, as I don't know the size differences between the two.

... and then I can confirm that this is pretty lame, given how much they are charging for them.

you should take it up with the manufacturers of cotton.

I can confirm that these shirts do shrink after washing - My two Medium shirts are tighter than when first purchased - not by much, but it they were close fitting before, you'll feel the difference after washing. I don't know if going to a Large and then washing would produce a comfortable Medium, as I don't know the size differences between the two.

I haven't noticed any shrinking in my Warp shirts, though I only ever wash with cold water.. and I don't use a dryer either.

• 4 weeks later...

Bleep was out of stock so bought one yesterday on ebay from a guy who had bought the wrong size. After reading how many t-shirts have shrunk in the wash i got a size bigger. Wash at under 30 degrees, y'all

It's a nice design. As a tattoo that would be cool. I've seen a few nice t-shirt designs on ebay (some cool Rephlex and Drexica tees) but the thing that is always worrying is the quality of the material. I always loved the Ae black polo shirts which were released around the time of Quaristice, wish i'd snapped one up while they were in stock.

I want the Augmatic Disport lyrics tattoo'd on the inside of my eyelids so I can see a bowl of crisps whenever I close my eyes

Ae need better shirts. The quaristice one was ok, but some of the other ones are rather lame. They need to hire BoC's graphic designer. Shame considering Exai rapes the hell out of Tomorrow's Borefest. I want to continue to flaunt my ae love.

Oh, ok. cool.

Their shirts are always very understated.

I like my black Oversteps one, but I'm not that fond of my Untilted shirt. It's not a particularly nice grey colour and the actual fit/style is not good. Reflective print is pretty cool though.

Archived