• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry.... so is this just MU3 and we are still waiting for MU4?

Or.... what?

Yeah sorry about the topic title confusion, should've put Aleksi's name in there as well. Anyway, MU3 is just out and mu4 was also announced at the same time but scheduled for later release, and looking at the last page there should be even a MU5!

I forgot about this release actually, saw the youtube uploads just now and after 1 minute in the first track I ordered it. Bloody hell, this sounds amazingly good (only in the third track).

Btw, Norman Records describes this album as a new Rephlex album, to add to all the confusion!

...the new AP Musik imprint that's also the name for Aleksi Perala's new project...

So he's actually using the artist name AP Musik for this also? Do not like. I think once I get this I will label it with his real name and scrobble as such. :closedeyes:

Enjoying this on YouTube right now: MU3

I still don't buy that this shouldn't just be called Aleksi Perälä - Mental Union 3. Look at the image of the CD label on the first page. I know all sources that are selling it have it labeled as AP Musik (artist) but where's the actual proof of this? Even ovuca.com states the full title and his name as the artist/producer.

Sorry to make a big deal of this...but I'm an avid last.fm scrobbler and RYM cataloger. :biggrin:

Ace album, much prefer it to the second Mental Union CD which I thought was a bit overrated. And on the inside of the front cover there's a reiteration of the main image in red bearing the title 'MU4'. So I'm deducing there will indeed be another volume soon, wouldn't be surprised if we didn't wait long for it.

Guest dylanmcknd

How did I not hear about this until now?

Hopefully I'll be able to scrap together enough cash for it here soon.

nice to get some new braindance off Rephlex that doesn't emulate Aphex so heavily. Some of this sounds great. I will be picking up a copy

is this his best album yet? i think so.

from what im hearing i would agree with that, but its hard to judge on samples alone. This feels very rhythmically tight and more dancey compared to other stuff i've heard by him

Enjoying this on YouTube right now: MU3

I still don't buy that this shouldn't just be called Aleksi Perälä - Mental Union 3. Look at the image of the CD label on the first page. I know all sources that are selling it have it labeled as AP Musik (artist) but where's the actual proof of this? Even ovuca.com states the full title and his name as the artist/producer.

Sorry to make a big deal of this...but I'm an avid last.fm scrobbler and RYM cataloger. :biggrin:

lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dylanmcknd

Wish I could buy this and MU1&2 but I just don't have the money for this. Juno usually has the best prices when it comes to rephlex but they're out of stock.

Shit.

Starting to regret splurging on TH. I loved it, but, damn, this stuff is ace.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived