by Aleksi Perälä
10 tracks, 1 hour

• Album artwork for CHILDREN OF LIGHT 2
CHILDREN OF LIGHT 2 
by Aleksi Perälä
12 tracks, 1 hour

• hayhook changed the title to Aleksi Peräla - Children Of Light
7 hours ago, kuniklo said:

I was once a fan but he lost me about 100 albums ago.

so, you're saying you were a fan until last year.

• Haha 6
  • Burger 1

None of this stuff is bad but It doesn’t have that sense of playfulness for me, the way the Wasted Sunday astrobotnia project v mental union era did when his music had the most boundless braindance fun vibe that captured a feeling that you don’t really experience much anymore. I hope this stuff gives someone that feeling. I was a die hard but I just dropped off and quit following it. It’s variations of a theme hammered into oblivion.

Edited by Upset man
  • Like 7

On 2/12/2024 at 5:19 PM, species8472 said:

too much of a good thing

This is a taste of what it will feel like when AI gets good enough to produce music. New record by your favourite band every week!

• Like 1

Its great techno, but it does feel like cult music. Not music with a narrow audience, but music you might hear being played in the halls of some secluded ashram that you cannot escape from. It has this sense of calm austerity and almost a complete absense of emotion. I feel like I am being programmed against my will just listening to it (and I suppose that is partly the appeal.)

I too dropped out of buying his stuff once I begun to lack the ability to discern one album from another. If he manages to surprise me or catch my attention again I might tune back into the Colundi frequency. It seems like many here are feeling the same, I wonder if this might have some impact on Aleksi's release approach? I noticed he has stopped putting the new stuff up on streaming. Tbh he's probably still getting enough cash from the dozens of albums he releases each year, there has to be some completists out there.

Edited by Key

I wonder why he thinks this release schedule is a good idea. Any quality his music has gets watered down because the good stuff drowns in a pool of filler albums. Last Aleksi album I checked out was Midnight Sun 1, which I liked. After that I gave up.

On 2/14/2024 at 2:16 AM, Hi Guys said:

None of this stuff is bad but It doesn’t have that sense of playfulness for me, the way the Wasted Sunday astrobotnia project v mental union era did when his music had the most boundless braindance fun vibe that captured a feeling that you don’t really experience much anymore. I hope this stuff gives someone that feeling. I was a die hard but I just dropped off and quit following it. It’s variations of a theme hammered into oblivion.

Miss that alot about him! Is he lurking arround here or other places? 
His releases on Rephlex was amazing but after that I lost connection with his stuff sadly. 

Pure IDM heaven 

11 minutes ago, cern said:

Miss that alot about him! Is he lurking arround here or other places? 
His releases on Rephlex was amazing but after that I lost connection with his stuff sadly. 

Pure IDM heaven 

I think the Boom Blaster (criminally underrated) album was the last album I REALLY enjoyed. Like thumbass said, I too dropped off somewhere in the midnight sun. 

I feel like a dick saying that, too. Believe me, I’m the last authority on anything and I know there are a lot of people that really enjoy this stuff. I just realized initially when I said this stuff how truly vast the Colundi-present catalogue is and it’s gigantic. 

Edited by Hi Guys
  • Like 1

According to Aleksi he does 14 hour days in the studio virtually every day, and it is recorded live with few edits so its no wonder he ends up with a huge amount of material. I imagine it all just goes straight up on the internet. Sifting through it all and selecting tracks for presentation would take precious time away from making more of it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pizza said:

it's perfect music for work, imo. listen to it a lot while programming etc.

microtonal beats to relax/study to, basically

this is how i listen to 90% of music. working, drawing, driving, playing strategy games,... so aleksi's music has been a gold mine for me in that regard, idk, i know some musicians might not appreciate this but whatever, it's how i roll 😄

• Like 1

Agreed. It meshes well with my job. I just wrapped up the Northern Lights Series. I enjoyed Cycles and Phantasia a lot. Less impressed with GAIA and ALITHIA I'll be honest. UNITY I also found to be a bit of a slog.

I get that the amount of music frustrates people but I like it. but i've been .01% of top listeners to aleksi on spotify for like 5 years running so I think I'm his target audience

• Like 3

• Album artwork for CHILDREN OF LIGHT 4
CHILDREN OF LIGHT 4 
by Aleksi Perälä
7 tracks, 1 hour
Edited by hayhook

On 2/20/2024 at 10:34 AM, kuniklo said:

He’s free to release as much as he wants of course but somebody needs to sift through it all for the best bits and it isn’t going to be me. 

I did it a few months ago. If you have Spotify on desktop it will show the number of plays of every track for every artist. Use that as a guide to the most popular tracks on each album and you can't go too wrong. Some obscure albums and tracks have surprisingly quite a few thousand plays so he obviously has a small but dedicated group of followers who listen to each release and find the good ones. There are indeed some really top tunes buried in his back catalogue. I actually enjoyed the process but I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't have Spotify to help me.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

He has some amazing tracks but i would prefer if he slowed down and improved his quality control, ive sort of given up on him but i still occasionally flick through the odd release, seems to put something out nearly every week, whats the opposite of the boy who cried wolf? Well its not that 

Im not trying to knock him he mustnt give a fuck what others think and i like that trait, id like to think he does everything really fast, the braindance benny hill