IGNORED

Echospace [Detroit] Bandcamp

Guest jasondonervan

Guest jasondonervan

Still a couple left. Be quick if you want the physical media.

^ This

Just seeing some of the vinyl going up, but I'm passing.

Listened to Aurora's Dream last night under some herbal influence and holy shit did it work. The Polar Mix promptly embedded itself into my brain and proceeded to massage the right brain spots. Incredible.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would love them to be able to distribute more on the CD side. Wax would be nice but could rightly stay limited, but CD's mayne :cerious:

Kinda sucks paying full price for digitals when a nice CD would be more beneficial for me and I think a lot of others, there's clearly a decent sized following.

Got The Setiing Sun Remastered.

I don't know, I think it is my least favorite release from them so far, the remastering is too much, especially the first track, the high pitched sample is so shrill now that it hurts.

The other Variant releases have been good. Dreaming thru Vector, Chromestesia, Auratia and Aurora's Dream. The phase90 album is nice as well. I was always suspicious about the remastered Setting Sun, think the original release sounds just fine as it is.

Edited by azatoth

Thanks, I'll check them out.

I agree about The Setting Sun remaster, the new version is so loud I have the volume of my stereo turned down compared to other albums from Echospace.

Further proof that remastering is not always for the best. Of the Variant releases, the remastered FallingStars that came out a few years ago was actually an improvement, though.

Further proof that remastering is not always for the best. Of the Variant releases, the remastered FallingStars that came out a few years ago was actually an improvement, though.

I just bought Dreaming thru Vector and Auratia on cd.

cv313 usually are my favorite releases from the label.

"As Time Stood Still" from the remastered The Setting Sun is like shrill tinnitus with beats.

Another question......sorry.

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two releases?

http://www.discogs.com/Variant-Dreaming-Thru-Vector/release/6136080

http://www.discogs.com/Variant-Dreaming-Thru-Vector-Reprise/release/6976228

They seem almost identical except the lengh of the songs are *slightly* different.

• 3 months later...
Guest Enter a new display name

Still waiting for dc13/14/16 pressed on vinyl. It makes no sense it's the only part of the trilogy only available on CD.

All the new Variant stuff is top notch. It's a really great time for fans who are into the long form ambient techno stuff, sort of an epoch in the Echospace canon. Vortexual is going to be a ten part set too, so strap in!

• 1 month later...

I'm all caught up on the CD releases I want from Team Echospace. Now delving into the CD-r's.

Am I in for a surprise with the quality of these CD-r's?

Edited by M360

• 4 years later...

How do they get away with pricing digital copies like this?  Even if it is 8 hours of music, $80 (before tax!) is taking the absolute piss.  It's ridiculous.  Ae only charged £35 for the 24bit digital copies of the 8 hour NTS Sessions.

https://echospacedetroit.bandcamp.com/album/vortexual-tape-sessions-series-collection

Edited by NewSchoolScience
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NewSchoolScience said:

How do they get away with pricing digital copies like this?  Even if it is 8 hours of music, $80 (before tax!) is taking the absolute piss.  It's ridiculous.  Ae only charged £35 for the 24bit digital copies of the 8 hour NTS Sessions.

It's a discount of 16.7 % compared to buying the eight releases separately for $12 each. It's also a bit silly to compare the price over duration of any release, because music is not sausage bought by length. If you're being humorous, I'm oblivious to it.

Edited by dcom