IGNORED

Poemss - Poemss

GraveGlitcher

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest murphythecat8

This was plain untasty for me. A real lack of taste in music. I found this lacking of any musical ideas and also adding cheesy and uninteresting vocals to the mix, quite dissapointing.

After a few listens I have to say it has a vibe to it. Nothing special really, nothing exciting, nothing innovative or radical. Some nice, nocturne dream-pop experience. Though Aaron's singing really is very bad, like a forgotten Dark Wave artist. And in parts Joanne sounds like the early Andrea Parker. Which is sort of ok, but still the vocals are the album's weakest point.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it. I hope Aaron keeps these more ambient projects going. Last step was excellent.

Yes, he's not the best singer...lol butt vocals..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I purchased this today based on absolutely nothing at all but the cover artwork

Funny how people are, this is the exact reason I wouldn't touch this album with a bargepole lol (I hate fucking cats they make my skin itch and irritate my eyes, I'm scratching now just thinking about it)

Funny how people are, this is the exact reason I wouldn't touch this album with a bargepole lol (I hate fucking cats they make my skin itch and irritate my eyes, I'm scratching now just thinking about it)

Yah, but these cats have double eyes! So they are extra conscious! And that extra consciousness makes you realize that you've been allergic to mind-expansion the whole time! That's why Shpongle albums have so many eyes on dat head! Cuz it's expansion of consciousness at its finest! And there are two cats! Which means ultra consciousness, because the eyes and cat doubling lead to exponential returns in consciousness expansion! And that is also why there are 2 "s"s in "Poemss", and that is why the artist and release name are the same-- to double that which is more-than-doubled!!!

YOU GET IT?!?!?!

YOU GET IT NOW MUTHAFUCKA?!?!?!

Aaron is not just some tweaked out bum with mad splicing skillz. He also has conceptual skillz from time to time.

Yah, but these cats have double eyes! So they are extra conscious! And that extra consciousness makes you realize that you've been allergic to mind-expansion the whole time! That's why Shpongle albums have so many eyes on dat head! Cuz it's expansion of consciousness at its finest! And there are two cats! Which means ultra consciousness, because the eyes and cat doubling lead to exponential returns in consciousness expansion! And that is also why there are 2 "s"s in "Poemss", and that is why the artist and release name are the same-- to double that which is more-than-doubled!!!

YOU GET IT?!?!?!

YOU GET IT NOW MUTHAFUCKA?!?!?!

Aaron is not just some tweaked out bum with mad splicing skillz. He also has conceptual skillz from time to time.

I got it :cry:

Sorry, man. Aaron stayed back after his show in Japan, and we've been strung out on meth for a week straight, talking only about this album cover. I was feeling it too much, and for that- I apologize.

lol

Bought the album digitally from Mu to get those bonus tracks. Haven't heard the bonuseseses but the album itself is ace, a delicate dreamy listen. Look forward to more!

Sorry, man. Aaron stayed back after his show in Japan, and we've been strung out on meth for a week straight, talking only about this album cover. I was feeling it too much, and for that- I apologize.

no need to apologize my friend, though very humble of you, I wasn't being very serious anyway. All good fun.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

it's def supposed to be Ancient Brony tho

also I need to listen through but seemed like he set some context for this with Your Smiling Face from Bulldozer

maybe I did listen to the whole album and hallucinated I didn't, negative hallucination

Archived