IGNORED

Place to chat about AAA thread

lumpenprol

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... This was an awesome idea, instead of doing the usual boring interviews. Looong time lurker now member!

I think what i take with me from it is the fact that they did it at all, and for so long. Nice down to earth guys AND geniouses, hard to come by. :D

Wow... This was an awesome idea, instead of doing the usual boring interviews. Looong time lurker now member!

I think what i take with me from it is the fact that they did it at all, and for so long. Nice down to earth guys AND geniouses, hard to come by. :D

You genious you

I'm damn stoked my shitty video for the Treale remix got props from both lads...............and they said hi to my italian rave buddy.....

I said this years ago........ ae are the best artists for interviews.... no wankiness, no psuedo secrecy, no over-intellectualism, no anti-media irony..... just fucking passion.... thats the bottom line really for me

Sean:

but i can think of millions of tiny little realisations, i have several a day usually
hard to know which are the important ones

this just in: Sean is, by my calculation, roughly 2,700 yrs old.

You genious you

Hah...lol... U got me, im dj nate - Da trak genious! :)

I said this years ago........ ae are the best artists for interviews.... no wankiness, no psuedo secrecy, no over-intellectualism, no anti-media irony..... just fucking passion.... thats the bottom line really for me

Yeah this. So good to get honest answers for most of the questions. Should have asked about t ess xi being a sunvox track; totally sounds like it.

Guest jasondonervan

well done jason

work harder on it jason

I suddenly remembered I had a day job... :trashbear:

Don't worry, I'll still be cracking on with the 'chrechive as and when.

Yeah this. So good to get honest answers for most of the questions. Should have asked about t ess xi being a sunvox track; totally sounds like it.

dude i know, i didn't want to push my luck asking after specific tracks, but he admitted at least one was released

what aspect of it sounds like it? I've barely touched sunvox but it didn't seem to have a noticeable character to it's sound from what I remember.

we got some interesting confirmations/denials on a lot of software or hardware techniques used in various songs, far more specifically than in any previous AE interview I've seen. Pretty fascinating stuff in here once it's all combed through. Even someone's question about sampling Merzbow was met with an un-promoted 'no we used a R8 triggering a ___ delay being sequenced with ___" type answer, pretty cool. Now i wish i really tried to get a straight answer about specific techniques on L-event for the autechre reverse engineering thread.

I dunno, it's just the most likely track, imo, out of everything they've released since 2008. It's relatively simple and doesn't contain any of the trickery that is present on most of Exai. I could be completely wrong though!

Guest bitroast

when i first heard exai, me and my brother kept referring to T ess xi as the snes track.

kind of a combination of the chords used + the synths.

i'd also be willing to bet that it was that track, too.

(but yeah, who knows. it could also be deco Loc or something.!!)

jasondonervan - as with your sterling work with the recent podcasts, hats off for the incredible amount of time you've put in with that google docs

John Ehrlichman - Thanks for pointing out the 'physically modelled' question, I had missed it ! (which is not a good thing to admit for a mod)

you can download desktop version of sunvox, it's free. win, mac, linux and so on

when i was on summer vacations in the countryside, i made a lot of snippets experimenting with metamodules, made by sunvox forum enthusiasts (exciter, for example)

i can share db folder, if someone interested

you can also do various tracker tricks with sunvox, a'la stretching etc

Guest thisfieldisrequired

I really liked the interview but they stayed pretty vague about their generative music software. I guess its to not spoil the magic

I think they stood vague because they're probably fed up being asked technical questions, as well as being seen as a purely technical act. Generative music in itself is really boring, it's those two souls, sean & rob that make it interesting, not the computer.

I really liked the interview but they stayed pretty vague about their generative music software. I guess its to not spoil the magic

I think they stood vague because they're probably fed up being asked technical questions, as well as being seen as a purely technical act. Generative music itself is really boring, it's those two souls, sean & rob that make it interesting, not the computer.

Absolutely.

Maybe more people will listen for the soul in their music now rather than just the technical impressive-ness

Plus I don't really think they do 'generative music' - It's usually LFOs (possibly triggering other LFOs to create a nice wave shape) triggering parameters. Generative suggests some sort of compositional seed that drives an algorithm, and listening to their stuff I really don't think it's the case.

Archived